- Techniques of rehabilitation of cerebral palsy in Reuth
- The cost of rehabilitation of cerebral palsy
The center takes children from infancy. Reut specialists use an individual approach and treatment programs prescribed only after full diagnostic and determine the type and form of the disease.
Techniques for rehabilitation of cerebral palsy in Reut:
- physiotherapy - exercises with a physical therapist, designed to improve the work of the musculoskeletal system, as well as reduce muscle spasticity;
- speech therapy - courses with a speech therapist to improve speech and communication skills;
- occupational therapy - is an educational games that improves fine motor skills, the psychological condition of the child and help him to adapt to the society;
- music therapy promotes emotional, psychological and intellectual rehabilitation;
- pet therapy has a positive effect on the emotional state of the child;
- snuzelen therapy - involves use of external irritants, affecting all the senses, so it helps to develop sensory and communication skills;
- special computer programs are used for the development of cognitive functions;
- botox therapy - medication, aimed at the removal of the spasticity in muscles.
This multidisciplinary approach results in a significant improvement in the quality of life of young patients. Families receive the full support and guidance from experts during the entire period of hospitalization, as well as recommendations of care for child at home.
Children, who do not need constant medical care, participate in rehabilitation programs under outpatient treatment, living with their parents in a hotel room in Reuth campus.
The cost of the rehabilitation for children with cerebral palsy:
Outpatient rehabilitation - about 490$ per day;
Rehabilitation in the hospital - from 900$ up to 1,000$ per day.
The price includes food, accommodation, nursing care and procedures.
Get an individual program of rehabilitation of cerebral palsy
Cerebral palsy rehabilitation techniques in Romatem Hospital
- TheraSuit – a special clothes made of rubber bands which preserves sensitivity and corrects coordination of a child;
- Lokomat – a robotized suit used for the training of motor functions;
- Vojta therapy – a complex of manipulations which stimulate CNS and make the brain recollect the basic movements;
- hydrotherapy (Phelps swimming technique) allows a child to develop locomotor skills due to the greater range of movements;
- Doman patterning therapy trains the child’s visual memory by means of cards with different images;
- Peto’s method or conductive education – a range of therapeutic exercises targeted to create new nerve connections;
- Armeo – a device for the training of arm motor skills;
- Amadeo – a programmed system which helps to develop motor functions of the hands.
Cost of CP rehabilitation
Cost of hospital stay varies from $300 to $350 per day (transfer, food, accommodation, medical care and procedures are included).
- Recovery techniques for cerebral palsy
- Cost of rehabilitation for children with CP
Recovery techniques for cerebral palsy:
- robotized system for the training of the arms develops fine motor skills and a grasp reflex;
- Lokomat – a robot which teaches to walk;
- transcranial stimulation – the flow of low-energy electric charges stimulates the brain;
- functional electric muscle stimulation;
- hydrotherapy – unique properties of water and exercising in the pool help to broaden the amplitude of a child’s movements;
- classes with a speech therapist are aimed at the speech renewal;
- Bobath therapy – a method that allows to renew motor functions and relieve spasms;
- training of balance with the help of a special computerized system;
- the Padovan method – a procedure which affects some areas of the central nervous system.
Cost of rehabilitation for children with CP
The cost of inpatient stay varies from €165 to €235 per 24 hours. It covers accommodation in a room overlooking the sea, 3 meals a day, access to the outdoor swimming-pool, and transfer from/to the airport.
- The program of rehabilitation for children with cerebral palsy
- The cost of rehabilitation at the center
Week rehabilitation program for children under 14 years:
1.Consultation with child neurologist - specialist of deviations in development.
2.Activities with a child:
- physiotherapy - exercises, that reduces the risk of contractures and developing muscles;
- speech therapy (sessions with a speech therapist);
- hydrotherapy - useful for children with special needs, as it makes possible to train the musculoskeletal system with biger amplitude than on land;
- lessons with ipad - develops communication skills of the child;
- animal-assisted therapy - good effects psychological health of the child;
- art therapy - especially therapy with music is a good method for psychological and emotional relaxation;
- snuzelen therapy affects all senses, develops sensorics.
2.Free dental examination.
The program makes individually for each child in accordance with the recommendations of specialists. If necessary, the patient receives a referral for additional tests and consultations of medical specialists outside the Centre. Duration of program - four weeks or more, according to the medical recommendations.
Rehabilitation cost in the center is about 370 $ per day and includes meals and procedures.
Get an individual program of rehabilitation of cerebral palsy
Cerebral palsy rehabilitation methods
- physiotherapy includes functional electrical stimulation (FES), magnet therapy, laser therapy, various baths etc.;
- speech therapy is directed at the restoration of speech;
- kinesitherapy – the treatment of musculoskeletal system in the gym with modern exercisers (stationery bikes, Back-Check system, RedCord system which suspends the body during exercises);
- therapeutic massage helps to relax and stimulate muscles;
- psychotherapy (including music therapy) is very helpful for the child’s emotional condition;
- ergotherapy – games targeted to develop self-serving skills;
- pet therapy – the communication with animals (rabbits, mice, guinea pigs, hamsters and fishes);
- hydrotherapy contains vertical baths and therapeutic pools. Aquatic procedures improve blood circulation, lower muscle spasticity, relax and strengthen the whole body.
Cost and service
- The daily cost of inpatient treatment is €42 (includes accommodation, 4 meals a day, examinations and procedures);
- Meals and accommodation in a double room for the parents cost €26 per day.
The Hospital’s personnel make great efforts to create home atmosphere so that the child could feel maximum comfort. For this reason the interior is designed not to resemble the hospital.
Besides, there are many facilities for the disabled children including functional beds, wheelchairs and walkers.
CP rehabilitation methods in Kenezy Hospital
- Continuous passive motion (CPM) therapy for the improvement of joint mobility. It helps the patients with stiffness and has gentle and painless effects.
- MOTOmed – an exerciser for the development of limb movements.
- FES – a therapy using low energy current which stimulates the weakened muscles;
- suspension frame – a special facility which eases the conduct of physical exercises in the suspended condition through unloading the patient’s weight;
- KT (kinesio tape) – therapeutic adhesive tapes which contribute to the quicker regeneration and stabilization of microcirculation in muscles;
- Nordic walking – a therapeutic physical exercise with the use of special sticks. This method allows to reduce spasticity and improve coordination;
- Wii therapy uses a special gadget for the mobile video games. Such games help not only to do useful physical exercises but also to relax mentally;
- Joba Horse – a trainer imitating horse-riding. It develops the child’s coordination and endurance. Besides it makes a positive impact on the patient’s mental health.
- Balneotherapy – a type of rehabilitation through the healing properties of thermal springs. The Clinic uses Hungarian thermal waters;
- Lokomat – a gold standard in the recovery of the persons with walking limitations.
Cost of rehabilitation in Kenezy Hospital
The cost of daily hospital stay at the Rehabilitation Center is from €250.
Rehabilitation techniques atTeplice Spa
- Vojta therapy – the CNS stimulation aimed to restore motor reflexes;
- Bobath therapy is based on the stimulation of movements by stretching short muscles;
- therapeutic massage;
- speech therapy (communication skills restoration);
- ergotherapy – a technique which helps to renew motor skills;
- music therapy positively influences the child’s mental health;
- physiotherapy includes trainings under control of the specialist in the gym (using the child’s robot Lokomat);
- hydrotherapy – physical exercises in the therapeutic pool;
- space technology – a special suit which enables the child to walk.
The peculiarity of cerebral palsy rehabilitation at the Teplice resort is the active use of thermal sources. Their healing properties are extremely beneficial for the child’s health.
The cost of inpatient treatment at the resort is nearly €170 per 24 hours (including meals, accommodation and therapies).