Cerebral palsy rehabilitation methods
- physiotherapy includes functional electrical stimulation (FES), magnet therapy, laser therapy, various baths etc.;
- speech therapy is directed at the restoration of speech;
- kinesitherapy – the treatment of musculoskeletal system in the gym with modern exercisers (stationery bikes, Back-Check system, RedCord system which suspends the body during exercises);
- therapeutic massage helps to relax and stimulate muscles;
- psychotherapy (including music therapy) is very helpful for the child’s emotional condition;
- ergotherapy – games targeted to develop self-serving skills;
- pet therapy – the communication with animals (rabbits, mice, guinea pigs, hamsters and fishes);
- hydrotherapy contains vertical baths and therapeutic pools. Aquatic procedures improve blood circulation, lower muscle spasticity, relax and strengthen the whole body.
Cost and service
- The daily cost of inpatient treatment is €42 (includes accommodation, 4 meals a day, examinations and procedures);
- Meals and accommodation in a double room for the parents cost €26 per day.
The Hospital’s personnel make great efforts to create home atmosphere so that the child could feel maximum comfort. For this reason the interior is designed not to resemble the hospital.
Besides, there are many facilities for the disabled children including functional beds, wheelchairs and walkers.