Statistics and trends in gynaecology clinics worldwide
- Gynecologic oncology is one of the leading specialties in world’s gynaecology clinics. Among the most common gynecologic cancers are uterine, ovarian, cervical, and breast tumors.
According to the World Cancer Research Fund data:
- Breast cancer is the most frequent type of oncology in women worldwide. 2 million people have breast cancer in the world.
- Cervical neoplasm is the 4th most common type of women’s cancer. 500,000 women face cervical malignant tumors annually.
- Uterine (endometrial) malignancies take the 6th place among women’s cancers. 380,000 people worldwide have uterine cancer.
- Ovarian cancer is the 8th most commonly occurring type of malignancies in women. 300,000 ovarian cancer cases are diagnosed for now according to the World Cancer Research Fund.
Gynaecology clinics worldwide offer new methods for cancers treatment, effective treatment plans, and accurate diagnostics. The survival rates and results after the therapy depend on cancer type and stage, woman’s health condition, age, and other individual characteristics. So, treatment plans in gyno clinics are developed for each particular case individually.
- Childbirth is the 2nd dominating specialty in ob/gyn clinics worldwide. Over 130 million babies are born globally each year in accordance with CNN report. However, this number is not exact because many babies are not registered.
The hospitals listing below is composed taking into account the best offers in the field of gynecology and obstetrics worldwide, doctors’ qualification, and price/quality ratio. 14% of Bookimed patients have chosen Anadolu Medical Center in Turkey because of high-quality therapy at affordable prices.
- Gyncentrum is recognized as one of the best hospitals for gynecology in Poland. Infertility treatment and IVF are the leading specialties of the facility. 30% of Bookimed patients choose Gyncentrum among other Polish clinics.
- 950 IVF cycles are performed in Gyncentrum private gynecology clinic annually as clinic’s representatives' reports. The success rate of the procedure is 43%. It is one of the highest in Europe.
- Gyncentrum is the 1st gyno clinic in the country to apply Anevivo, the revolutionary method for embryos fertilization inside the woman’s womb. 50% is an efficiency of the method according to Gyncentrum data.
- Anadolu is included in the ratings of top gynaecology clinics within Turkey. The facility is the Baby-Friendly Hospital and provides services under the supervision of the Turkish Ministry of Health to promote excellent care quality and patients’ safety.
- 30% of Bookimed patients choose Anadolu due to excellent services, doctors’ experience, and high success rates.
- Anadolu gynecologists mainly specialize in gynecologic cancers therapy. They treat cervical, ovarian, and uterine malignancies. Anadolu MC is affiliated with the John Hopkins Hospital, one of the leading medical facilities for oncology treatment in the USA.
- IVF Unit works on the premises of the gyno clinic. 64% is a success rate of the procedure for women under 30. This index is higher than the average one within the US in accordance with the Conceive magazine, American edition about women’s health, fertility, and methods of conception.
- Memorial Şişli is one of the outstanding gynaecology clinics in Turkey due to high success rates of IVF procedures. The pregnancy index for young women is 65%. Doctors perform over 7,500 in vitro fertilization cycles every year.
- 3,000 patients from 90 countries worldwide visit Memorial Şişli Obstetrics and Gynecology Clinic for in vitro fertilization each year. Medical staff delivers over 10,000 babies after the IVF procedure.
- The 1st Turkish baby after IVF with the frozen embryos was born in Memorial Şişli Gynaecology Clinic.
- Memorial Şişli is also well-known among the best gynecologic oncology centers. Doctors treat uterine, ovarian, and cervical malignancies. Doctors here work under the international NCCN (National Comprehensive Cancer Network) and ESMO (European Society for Medical Oncology) standards to keep up the world-class quality level.
Common proceduresChildbirth Myomectomy (removal of uterine fibroids) Hysterectomy (uterus removal) well woman check-up Ultrasound Biopsy
- Medicana is considered one of the leading gynaecology clinics in Turkey. The main specialty of the clinic is a treatment of the female reproductive system disorders.
- Medicana Gyno Clinic shows the highest level of IVF success rates due to the term of insemination. 57% of women become pregnant in 3 months after 1 IVF cycle.
- Medicana Obstetrics and Gynecology Clinic is popular among international patients. Foreigners from the UAE, Turkmenia, and Kyrgyzstan prefer diagnostics and treatment at Medicana.
- The Center for Obstetrics and Gynecology offers world-class medical services quality and patients’ safety that is proven by international accreditations and certificates. The clinic is awarded by UNICEF, the WHO (World Health Organization), and JCI (Joint Commission International) for the excellent care level.
- The Ob/Gyn Center includes the Pediatric Gynecology Department and the Adolescent Gynecology Center. Specialists provide follow-ups of puberty development, menstruation, regulate planned vaccinations for cervical cancer prevention. They accept patients from 8 to 14 years old.
- Liv is among top gynaecology clinics in Turkey for treatment of cervical, ovarian, endometrium, and other woman’s reproductive system cancers. 93% is a success rate of surgeries for ovarian cancer in the gyno clinic according to Liv statistics.
- Liv gynecologists perform robotic surgeries to remove uterine and ovarian tumors. This type of surgery lasts by 59% less time than the traditional operation. 100% of robotic operations undergo without complications and infections.
- Liv Gyno Clinic includes Obstetrics Unit that specializes in high-risk pregnancies or deliveries. IVF Unit also works on the premises of the clinic. It shows one of the highest rates among other gynaecology clinics in Turkey — 30% of 40+ women become pregnant according to Liv data.
Costs of obstetrics and gynecology procedures
|Childbirth||$1550 - $9350|
|Myomectomy (removal of uterine fibroids)||$350 - $23800|
|Hysterectomy (uterus removal)||$460 - $35000|
|Hysterectomy with DaVinci robot||$6450 - $24000|
|well woman check-up||$100 - $6500|
|Ultrasound||$30 - $700|
|Biopsy||$280 - $4900|
|Breast biopsy||$1200 - $2400|
|Colposcopy||$230 - $920|
- The Medical Diagnostic and Treatment Center is the leading diagnostic ob/gyn clinic in Lithuania. Doctors single out diagnostics as the most important step in treatment plan developing and mostly carry out screening procedures. The medical staff focuses on complete screening for more effective treatment or prevention the gynecologic diseases.
- Over 80,000 patients choose Medical Diagnostic and Treatment Center every year. Medical tourists from the UK, Ireland, Sweden, and Norway prefer the center to other facilities.
- Medical personnel offers different health check-up programs. The screening type depends on the woman’s age, health status, and physical complaints. The check-up includes a different number of exams and prices. Check-ups are matched for each patient individually.
- Over 300,000 screenings and 250,000 laboratory tests are conducted at the center annually.
- Gynecologic surgeries are also available at the center. Surgeons perform open and laparoscopic (through small incisions like beans in size) uterine, cysts, and parovarium removals.
Hospital Sant Joan de Déu (Barcelona, Spain) accepts children for treatment from the infant age to 21. The Hospital belongs to Top-5 medical institutions in Europe and is recognized as the most authoritative one in the field of pediatric oncology treatment. The Center has its own Laboratory for Molecular Medicine where innovative therapeutic methods are developed.
Seoul National University Bundang Hospital is one of the most innovative multidisciplinary medical centers in Korea.
It is the 1st digital hospital in the country. The hospital is equipped witg BESTcare system that allows avoiding medical errors, improving treatment safety and effectiveness.
Bundang specializes in general and abdominal surgery, oncology, orthopedics and traumatology.
1,500,000 patients undergo treatment at in hospital every year.
Nordwest Krankenhaus is a multi specialized medical institution, a leading hospital in Germany due to development of innovations, such as 3D ultrasound, anticancer vaccines in targeted therapy. It comprises 5 research institutes and 11 specialized centers.
Ewha Womans University Medical Center (EUMC) is the first and best hospitals for women in Korea, which is located in the western part of Seoul is 45 km from Incheon International Airport and 10 km from Gimpo Airport.
- Medical Center in Solingen is recognized as the Baby-Friendly Hospital by WHO (World Health Organization) and UNICEF for high-quality care and paying attention to baby development.
- Leading doctor for gynecology diseases treatment works in Solingen Hospital. Dr. Sebastian Hentsch heads Solingen Obstetrics and Gynecology Clinic. Dr. Hentsch specializes in minimally invasive gynecologic surgeries and deliveries and has 20 years of experience.
- Solingen Hospital is among leading gynaecology clinics in Germany according to the Focus magazine, the most authoritative medical edition within the country.
- Solingen Gyno Clinic focuses on deliveries, diagnostics, and treatment of uterus cancer, ovarian benign and malignant tumors, myomas.
Helios Krefeld Hospital is a multidisciplinary center in Germany, one of the most modern facilities in Europe. Since 2015 to 2017, it took the leading positions among top hospitals of Germany according to the Focus magazine ranking.
Specialties of the hospital are surgery, oncology, heart surgery, orthopedics. Over 57,500 patients choose Helios Krefeld for treatment. According to the anonymous survey, 95% of patients are satisfied with the diagnostics and treatment.
- Teknon Obstetrics and Gynaecology Clinic serves patients with female cancers (breast, uterine, ovarian, cervix) and pregnancy (even in cases of fetal pathologies).
- Teknon gynecologists cooperate with doctors of Memorial Sloan Kettering Center, one of the leading American facilities. That’s why new treatment approaches and technologies are available at Teknon Gynecology Center.
- IVF Center is a part of the Gyno Clinic. 59% is a success rate of in vitro fertilization here in agreement with clinic’s representatives.
- 80% of Bookimed patients prefer Teknon to other Spanish facilities due to world-class healthcare and safety. The first-rate services are ensured by EFQM (the European Foundation for Quality Management) certificate.
- Asklepios Barmbek is considered one of the best obstetrics hospitals in the Federal Republic due to a large number of births. Over 3,000 babies are delivered in the hospital annually.
- Gynecologists of Asklepios Barmbek provide comprehensive care for patients with gynecologic cancers. Barmbek is among the leading gynaecology clinics for malignant tumors treatment according to the German Cancer Society. It confirms the excellent quality of services and patients’ safety.
- Asklepios Barmbek is No.1 medical facility for international patients treatment in agreement with MTQA (Medical Travel Quality Alliance), a global organization that promotes standards for foreigners treatment in hospitals worldwide.
Memorial Atasehir Hospital is a private multidisciplinary hospital in Istanbul which belongs to the large Memorial Healthcare Group. The Memorial Atasehir specialties are organ transplant (with 99.5% success rate for liver and 99% for kidney), in vitro fertilization (65% success rate), oncology, cardio- and neurosurgery.
The hospital has Joint Commission International (JCI) certificate for the compliance with international treatment standards, quality, and safety. JCI is a global organization that controls the quality of medical services worldwide.
- Bumrungrad doctors are globally recognized as one of the best experts in gynecologic cancers treatment. Patients with oncology undergo therapy at Horizon Cancer Center that works on the premises of Bumrungrad and serves over 29,000 patients.
- Bumrungrad Ob/Gyn Clinic is popular among medical tourists. International patients from North America, Europe, Africa, the Middle East, and the Asia Pacific choose Bumrungrad for diagnostics and treatment.
- Oncologists of Bumrungrad Gyno Clinic apply revolutionary technologies. IBM Watson for Oncology, an artificially intelligent supercomputer, is used to enhance and compliment Bumrungrad oncologists’ experience. It helps specialists to diagnose cancer more accurately and develop the most suitable treatment plan.
- Bumrungrad is identified among the best obstetrics hospitals due to waiting lists absence. 6 labor and delivery rooms are always available at Bumrungrad to accept future mothers.
Severance Hospital in Korea is an international multidisciplinary clinic at Yonsei University, located in Seoul South Korea. Yonsei Severance Hospital's Health System includes: oncology and rehabilitation centers, pediatric and women's clinics, cardiovascular center and Clinic of Ophthalmology and Otolaryngology. The Hospital has been certified by JCI (Joint Commission International) and serves 1.6 million outpatients annually.
BLK Hospital is one of the largest private clinics and is ranked among top 10 Multi Super Specialty Hospitals in Delhi. The Hospital specializes in bone marrow transplant, cancer treatment, bariatric surgery and cardiology. BLK Hospital monitors innovations and uses the analogues of modern diagnostic and therapeutic equipment of the best European hospitals.
Dunya IVF Clinic is one of the most popular medical facilities for in vitro insemination in Europe.
In 2018, this clinic took the 7th place among 559 Europe's best IVF centers according to the GCR Global Clinic rating (international healthcare clinic standards).
Over 80% is the success rate of in vitro fertilization with donor eggs and 56% — with women's own ones. These statistics show the success index in patients under 30 years old.
Dunya fertility specialists perform ICSI (intracytoplasmic sperm injection) to increase the chance of getting pregnant, and genetic diagnosis to choose the sex of the unborn baby.