What is worth knowing about multiple sclerosis (MS) treatment?
- Multiple sclerosis is a chronic autoimmune disease. Nerve cells are covered with the myelin sheath and MS develops when this membrane is damaged. Primary symptoms of this disorder traditionally reveal themselves in young or middle age. Their cause is still undetermined.
- At the early stages MS may flow symptomless because affected fibers are compensated with healthy ones. The area of brain and/or spinal cord lesion determines the symptoms. Among the most spread are: deterioration and lowering of visual acuity, headache, paresis, limb ataxia, paralysis of the cranial nerves, dysfunction of the pelvic organs, cognitive decline etc.
- Laboratory diagnostics includes a blood count, urine test and cerebrospinal fluid analysis. Instrumental diagnostics consists of brain and spinal cord MRIs, and electroencephalogram.
- Treatment in whole is targeted to stop progressing of the disease. It can be achieved through the combination of immunosuppressive symptomatic medication. Though the efficiency of such treatment has not been proved.
- Clinics of Germany, Czech Republic, and Turkey conduct stem cell therapy deep brain stimulation.
Что-то пошло не так! Попробуйте еще раз
Login to your account
Get a new password
Check you email
Check your email. Login and password to your personal dashboard were sent.
Did not get the email?
If you do not receive the email, check the Spam folder.