Largest private clinic in Israel
Assuta is one of the largest Medical Centers in Israel, which applies the innovative diagnostic and treatment methods of the oncologic pathologies, trusting it to the world-respected high-qualified professionals.
The cervical cancer diagnostics and treatment are held in the comfortable conditions of the Department for Oncologic Gynecology at the Center for Gynecology.
The medical center is characterized by comfortable rooms (single, double) and the lack of queues for diagnosis and treatment.
Top oncogynecologists in Israel
Treatment of cervical cancer at Sourasky is conducted by an authoritative Prof. Dan Grisaro. Surgery is performed by Prof. Gilad Ben Baruch - an oncogynecologist with a 35-year experience.
All treatment methods are selected individually at Sourasky Medical Center, which allows preserving the reproductive function as well as minimize the affection for the patient:
- Laser surgery allows removing the abnormal cells hearths, which is minimal invasive and is not accompanied by bleeding;
- Loop Electrosurgical Excision Procedure (LEEP), i.e. the electrode loop is used instead of scalpel;
- Standard cervical conization to remove the site of the uterine cervix in the shape of conus;
- Hearth cryotherapy (freezing);
- Removal of the entire organ by hysterectomy;
- Radio- and chemotherapy to prevent the relapse disease;
- Plastic surgery.
During the surgery, the "frozen section" method is used. This is a microscopic express study of tissues with which the surgeon determines whether the tumor is completely removed.
The cost of chemotherapy is indicated for 1 course. The price for radiotherapy is for the full course of treatment.
The cost for diagnostics and treatment is set up individually and depends on the required procedures for each patient.
Sourasky Medical Center is the main state hospital in Israel. It is Israeli National Institute of Oncology. Diagnosis and treatment of cervical cancer at Sourasky is conducted by professors of the Gynecology Department. Minimally invasive operations are performed at the Center while Sourasky doctors trying to retain the childbearing function of a patient.
In the surgical treatment of cervical cancer, doctors use the least traumatic techniques: laparoscopy, the Da Vinci robot. Special attention is paid to organ-saving operations.
For cervical cancers, brachytherapy is delivered using applicators called «tandem and ovoids» or «tandem and ring», which reaches both the cervix and uterus. Before receiving brachytherapy for cervical cancer, the patient will be taken to the operating room for placement of a small tube (cervical stent) into the cervical portion of the uterus. The installation of a stent for brachytherapy is included in the cost of the procedure.
|Consultation of a gynecologist|
|Complete blood and urine tests|
|Biopsy||100 - 200 $|
|Consultation of an oncologist||450 $|
Rambam Clinic is a large medical center in Israel. Thousands of international patients apply to this clinic annualy. It offers more than 1,000 beds for inpatients. The staff of Rambam includes leading Israeli specialists – professors and doctors, some of whom were awarded with the Nobel Prize. Up-to-date equipment and advanced technologies allow these high-level specialists to refine and develop in various realms of medicine.
Experts of the Gynecology Center Rambam apply the latest developments in the field of minimally invasive techniques for early detection of cancer and precancerous changes (diseases with a high probability of malignant transformation).
Treatment of cervical cancer in Israel
Cervical cancer is one of the most wide spread oncologic diseases of women. It is second in prevalence to breast cancer and takes almost 15% of cases of the oncologic diseases of reproductive systems. The cancer affects the lower part of uterus. Most often, the women of the age of 35-39 and 60-64 years old suffer from such cancer. The disease may occur in two forms: 80-90% of cases is the squamous cell carcinoma; the other cases are taken by adenocarcinoma. The significant increase of the number of patients suffering this disease has been observed recently, i.e. from 37% to 47%.
Diagnostics of cervical cancer in Israel
Comprehensive diagnostics of disease in the leading Israeli hospitals is held in three main phases.
The first phase allows detecting the disease and includes the following diagnostic procedures:
- A thorough gynecological examination of the cervix providing the opportunity to suspect the disease by appearance of mucosa. If any pathologies occur, they can be spread and cause the ulceration.
- Extended colposcopy, i.e. cervix examination by colposcope, a device providing from 7.5 to 40 times zoom of the image. Such examination allows getting the indirect evidence of pathology, both in the primary and in the later period.
- Blood testing for tumor markers. The increased indicator of squamous cell carcinoma antigen in the blood serum can be the evidence of the possible development of disease.
- Cytological examination, i.e. the testing of condition of cells on the cervix surface, taken by smear.
- Biopsy can play the decisive role while the diagnosis sets up, i.e. study of the cervix sample, taken by the special tools. Israeli hospitals exclude the complications of the biopsy, which is held without any pain.
If the cervical cancer is confirmed, Israeli experts appoint the next phase of examinations. It includes the following diagnostic procedures:
- Pelvic ultrasound. It allows the estimation of upcoming surgery scale and spread of oncologic process in the neighboring organs to tumor. CT of these organs may be held to clarify the results.
- Intravenous urography is held to estimate the functioning of kidneys.
- Cystoscopy is appointed to find out the tumor affection of the bladder, and rectoscopy to detect this in the rectum.
Data received provide the idea of the stage of affection of the neighboring organs to disease hearths.
The metastases at the remote sites of the organism are detected at the latest phase by abdominal ultrasound and chest X-ray.
Treatment methods of cervical cancer in Israel
Various kinds of procedures are applied for disease treatment, which selection depends on disease spread and its stage. If the cancer is detected at the early stages, Israeli doctors strive both to its destruction and to preservation of fertility functions of the patient by the following methods:
- Cryosurgery, i.e. removal of the affected sites by substances of low temperature
- Laser surgery, i.e. burning the cancer cells by laser beam directed through vagina
- Loop excision, i.e. removal of the tumor by a hot thin wire
- Brachytherapy, i.e. administration of the radioactive substances directly into affected organ for irradiation
When the cancer is of mid-stage, the uterus and affected lymph nodes are removed. The sparing methods are usually applied during such a surgery held in Israel:
- Uterus removal through vagina by laparoscope, i.e. optical tool for high-precision surgery
- Removal by robotic surgical system
Methods of chemo- and radiotherapy are applied at the latter stages, i.e. 3rd and 4th.
Cancer removal, i.e. cryosurgery, laser surgery, brachytherapy.
Uterus and affected lymph nodes removal, i.e. laparoscopic and robotic.
Uterus removal. Chemo- and radiotherapy.
Uterus removal. Chemo- and radiotherapy. Palliative therapy.
Review of the patient about the treatment of cervical cancer in Israel
“I have been pregnant for 24 weeks, when I was diagnosed the cervical cancer. I was also informed that I have to do an abortion and excise the uterus alongside with the lymph nodes. I came hopeless to Israel for any survival. It has led to Caesarean section, and the removal of the cervix at 34 weeks. My wonderful little girl had turned 37 weeks by now. What I can say: stunning impression on the staff and the organization of the process. Generally, Israeli have a very different attitude to the people. It was wonderful, absolutely wonderful!”
Victoria, Saint Petersburg
Rehabilitation and prevention of cervical cancer complications
Rehabilitation program at Israeli hospitals is developed individually for each patient and has a comprehensive nature. For instance, hormonal therapy is frequently applied while the ovaries removal; removed vagina is recovered by the methods of intimate plastic surgery. Peculiar attention during the rehabilitation is paid to the balanced nutrition and special physical exercises. Psychologists work with the patients on a regular basis, whose objective is to take back the women to normal life.
It is important to follow strictly the doctor’s recommendations in order to prevent the complications after cervical cancer. They usually deal with the constant monitoring of the immune system, physical activity exclusion, as well as preventing medical check-up from 3 to 4 times per annum.
Many women were brought both to normal life, and to give birth to healthy children after the rehabilitation.
- Cervical cancer diagnostics
- Cost for cervical cancer treatment in Israel
- Efficient methods of oncologic gynecology diseases treatment at Sheba Medical Center
Where in Israel is the cervical cancer treated?
The leading Israeli oncologic gynecologists operate here, such as Prof. Raphael Katan, who is the excellent expert in cervical cancer.
The brand new medical developments and devices, including the Gamma Knife system, robotic surgical systems and monoclonal antibodies therapy, equip the departments of the medical center. The doctors of various medical fields and psychologists provide consultancies there.
Modern diagnostics at Sheba Medical Center
- Examination and palpation of the rectum;
- Cystoscopy and rectosigmoidoscopy to examine the bladder and the rectum (metastases diagnostics);
- Pap test (cervical smear);
- Colposcopy followed by biopsy to detect the cancer and precancerous conditions;
- MRI, PET or CT to detect the tumor and its metastases;
- Pyelography when the urinary ducts affection is suspected;
- Tumor markers blood testing.
What is the cost for cervical cancer treatment at Sheba Medical Center?
The cervical cancer can rapidly develop the metastases, hence the diagnostic and treatment plan is selected individually for each patient, and therefore the price is set up personally. Get the price for the comprehensive treatment at the medical center by Bookimed website.
What are the cervical cancer treatment procedures in Israel?
- Removal of cone-shaped section of the cervix by scalpel or LEEP;
- Laser removal of the abnormal cells hearth;
- Cryodestruction by liquid nitrogen;
- Radical hysterectomy to remove the uterus with the appendages;
- Lymphadenectomy to remove the regional lymph nodes;
- Pelvic organs excision to remove the uterus and affected organs, such as vagina, rectum site and bladder.
The patient takes the course of chemo or radiotherapy after the surgery. The reconstructive surgeries are held if required.
Clinic Cancer Center “Herzliya” has thirty years of experience. Center staff takes trainings and gets skills in the best medical centers in the world. Each patient throughout the treatment period is accompanied by a personal manager and translator. Center Department of Diagnostic works quickly and professionally - for the entire period of the department’s activity there was no single case of misdiagnosis. The main pathologies treated in Cancer Center Herzliya are: leukemia, Hodgkin's lymphoma, lymphoblastic leukemia, myeloma, carcinoid tumor, branchiogenic tumor, lung cancer, melanoma, brain cancer and other cancers.
Cancer Center "Davidoff" of Rabin Medical Center is the largest oncology clinic in Israel and the entire Middle East. Every fifth of Israeli citizens gets an aid of the cancer treatment here. The center treats patients with all types of cancer and hematological diseases (leukemia, osteomyelosclerosis, anemia, leukocytosis, and others). The Center includes the departments of radiation therapy, chemotherapy, integrative medicine, palliative therapy and dietology. Center operates with the following cutting-edge techniques for treatment: SBRT, IMRT, IGRT, Rapid Arc., SIRT.