Patients undergo treatment at specialized Breast Cancer Center
- The highest treatment success rate among breast cancer clinics in Israel — 87%.
- Sourasky Hospital employs the best doctors in Israel, including Professor Ilan Gil Ron, Head of the Department of Oncology at Sourasky Medical Center;
- Innovative methods are applied for breast tumor treatment: hormone therapy, immunotherapy and targeted therapy.
Comprehensive diagnostics for breast cancer lasts 5-7 days.
Tumor resection is a main treatment method for breast cancer. If a tumor has large area and has spread from mammary gland in lymph nodes than mastectomy is indicated - radical removal of the gland. In such a case, breast reconstruction using implants is proposed to these patients.
Besides surgical treatment, Sourasky specialists prescribe beam therapy and pharmaceutical treatment:
- chemotherapy — application of drugs that destroy tumor cells and metastases;
- hormone therapy — reduction/suspension of estrogen production for prevention of relapse. This therapy is prescribed for hormone-dependent breast cancer.
|Mastectomy||12000 - 16000 $|
|Radiotherapy||30000 - 35000 $|
|Chemotherapy||1500 - 2000 $|
|Targeted therapy||1500 - 5000 $|
|Immunotherapy||1500 - 5000 $|
Breast cancer treatment in Israel Assuta Hospital is provided by the most experienced oncologist in Israel
Professor Moshe Inbar is included in TOP-5 oncologists of the world. He is responsible for approval of breast cancer treatment protocols.
Assuta specialized Сancer Сenter provides treatment for breast cancer. Therapy is developed by Professor Moshe Inbar. He is an author of unique method for treatment of breast tumors. Every patient has individual program developed considering peculiarities of cancer and its aggressiveness. Therefore to patients of the same age and with the same size of tumor can be indicated different treatment methods: partial removal with radiation or complete resection with radiation and chemotherapy.
Professor, specializes in Oncology
Professor, specializes in Cancer Surgery
Head of the Department of Breast Surgery at Assuta
Specializes in Oncology and Radiology
Breast cancer diagnostics in Assuta Clinic lasts 4-5 days. Contrary to state hospitals of Israel, patients get quicker access to diagnostic procedures.
Assuta surgeons aim at maximum preserve the breast. For small tumors they provide organ sparing treatment (partial resection). For relapse prevention Intrabeam approach is applied - breast radiation during a surgery. Doctors also prescribe chemotherapy or hormone therapy.
|Mastectomy||14300 - 18000 $|
|Chemotherapy||2000 - 3000 $|
Breast tumors treatment is performed in a specialized department - Rambam Breath Health Institute. It performs clinical trials of new drugs for chemotherapy and targeted therapy. A patient is followed by multispecialized team including:
- clinical oncologist;
- breast reconstruction specialist.
Such approach enables application of the best strategy for the treatment of mammary gland and sparing of the breast. If upon the results of examination a patient is indicated radical mastectomy (removal of one or both mammary glands), reconstructive surgeon carries out breast reconstruction using implants.
Complex diagnostics of breast tumors takes 5-6 days (including obtaining of the results of tumor histology).
|Consultation of an oncologist||400 - 700 $|
|Consultation of a surgeon||430 $|
|Biopsy||580 - 1190 $|
|CT (computer tomography)||1410 $|
Breast cancer treatment in Israel
Breast cancer is the leader in the incidence rate and the number of deaths among women (it occurs half as often among men). Breast cancer is a malignant neoplasm, emerging from the lactiferous ducts or lobes of mammary gland. The main cell type of the tumor is cell carcinoma, that is longstanding asymptomatic and is often found either at its later stages, either by accident (at a scheduled examination). 600,000 people die from breast cancer annually.
Only in Israel
- some of the world's best rates of curability at all stages of the disease;
- low recurrence rate;
- determining cancer risk among the direct relatives;
- surgeries with low injury rate – Israeli oncologists maximally preserve muscle tissue and the lymph nodes. It helps patient to be recovered after a mastectomy much more faster, reducing the risk of postoperative lymphostasis and simplifying plastic surgeries as well;
- all types of mammoplasty, including vascularized tissue transfer (abdominal, hip and buttock pedicle flaps, both with and without pedicle transection) are carried out in Israel.
A mammary gland is a target organ for hormones, which responds to any changes of the endocrine glands function. In addition, the organ is sensitive for supercooling, it can become inflamed due lactostasis and other functional aspects.
There are some affecting breast cancer risk factors:
- hormonal drugs administration, including hormonal contraceptives. Purchase and use of oral contraceptives without consulting a gynecologist-endocrinologist significantly increases the risk of such complications;
- menopausal and post-menopausal women. Level of hormonal fluctuations is much more important than the age;
- breast injuries;
- breast cancer in family history;
- late delivery, lack of children, early sexual intercourse;
- smoking (in this case metastases from the lungs transfer to the mammary gland).
Israeli oncological gynaecologists pay special attention to factor of BRCA2 gene mutations. Misrepresentation in these loci is inherited and causes breast cancer in 50% of cases.
Symptoms of breast cancer
The initial stages of breast cancer are almost asymptomatic, beginning with a small induration in tissue of the gland. In this particular case, self-examination is comprehensive assistance in the diagnostics. Women often find a developing tumor, but not always visit the gynecologist.
This situation is explained by:
- not all breast tumors are malignant – 9 of 10 new formations are harmless. Women get used to the fact that their (or their friends’) indurations are diagnosticated as benign ones;
- having fibrocystic breast disease (70% of today’s women after 35) it is hard to find a new nodule;
- after finding strange (untypically tight) nodule, the woman often are not psychologically ready to visit the oncologist.
The main symptoms to detect breast cancer at self-examination:
- density and skin tightness change;
- skin or nipple dimpling;
- breast asymmetry (is determined before the mirror);
- skin or nipple erosion, inflammation (is not explainable by common causes);
- symptom of ‘lemon peel’ (breast skin porosity is specific);
- nipple discharge, lactation.
Effectiveness of the treatment based on stages:
1 stage of breast cancer
96%. The primary focus is of up to 2 cm in diameter
80-90%. The focus is from 2 to 5 cm, it could be caused by regional lymph node
50-80%. The body of the tumor is greater than 5 cm, the lymph nodes are involved, a single metastasis can happen
Diagnostics of breast cancer in Israel
- Tumor markers are defined in the blood. Mapping and searching for problems of ВRCA1-2 genes are carried out (if burdened family history is);
- Mammography machine (specialized x-ray machine) is used to diagnosticate breast cancer ;
- Ultrasound, MRI, PET-CT of breast, whole body screening by means of MSCT;
- Study of sentinel lymph node. Israeli oncological doctors study the borders of the disease distribution and the degree of the intervention.
Methods of breast cancer treatment in Israel
- mammary gland quadrant or lobe removal, that is called lumpectomy. It is applicable at stages 1-2 of breast cancer. As a rule, it is supplemented by a course of radiation therapy;
- radical mastectomy with the pectoral muscles preservation. It is practiced at the stage 2B-3 of the disease. Preservation of the pectoral muscles lightens mammoplasty after surgery. The radical removal of the gland is always happening with the support of the chemotherapeutic and radiative methods of impact;
- mastectomy with removal of the pectoral muscles. The most common manipulation at the 3rd stage of cancer, when the gland, regional lymph nodes (boundaries are determined in advance) and the pectoral muscles are resected;
- palliative surgeries. Individual nodes are removed to reduce pain and restore the lymph efflux.
Chemotherapy in Israel is assigned before and after surgery. Metastasis suppression is performed with the latest treatment protocols. Targeted chemotherapy, hormone therapy, cytokine therapy (monoclonal antibodies) are applied.
Prior mastectomy Israeli doctors offer options for breast reconstruction:
- immediate on the implants. During the mastectomy silicone implant is placed under the skin, stimulating the gland. The advantage of this method is the fast compensation of the defect. The minus is the likelihood of allergic reactions, the necessity of periodic implant replacement;
- delayed on the implants. It allows to select the model with more accuracy, preliminary expanding the space for installation;
- Plastic repair with own setting.
Patient review after breast resection
Rehabilitation after mastectomy, recurrence prevention
Prevention involves regular visits to the gynecologist (mammalogists) and the oncologist in the first year after surgery with following medical examination every six months (including mandatory mammography).
It is recommended to avoid excessive exposure to sunlight, treat endocrine pathologies timely, quit smoking.
Cost of breast cancer treatment in Israel
- Prices for the services of Israeli oncological dispensaries are 20% lower than in the USA or Germany;
- Price for the diagnostics and treatment are regulated by the state;
- Patient support center Bookimed gives the opportunity to avoid paying commission to intermediaries;
- Professionalism of Israeli oncological doctors reduces the risk of recurrence.
- The diagnostic methods of breast cancerat Sheba Medical Center
- The cost of breast cancerdiagnostics at Sheba Medical Center
- The breast cancertreatment methods at Sheba Medical Center
Sheba Medical Center is one of the largest medical institutions in the Middle East being famous of its high ranks in oncological diseases successful treatment. The head of Breast Cancer Treatment Department is the expert of international level Dr. Shani Paluch Simon.
Besides that she is the founder of the interdisciplinary group for mammary gland cancer research and treatment at Sheba Clinic. Sheba is the only medical center that signed the agreement on scientific and practical cooperation with the most famous and respected center for cancer care, i.e. US MD Anderson Cancer Center. Their joint research projects aimed at the prevention of cancer, are unique in the world.
Sheba Medical Center provides the most advanced diagnostics package, which main methods include:
- Detailed physical examination, detailed laboratory test (incl. tumor markers blood test, genetic testing, histology chemical analysis);
- Mammographic screening;
- Mammary glands sonography;
- MRI and/or CT;
- Tumor and sentinel lymphnode biopsy with cytopathological and histopathological analysis of tissue samples obtained.
What is the cost of breast cancer diagnostics at Sheba Medical Center?
The total cost of breast cancer diagnostics varies from 3,000 to 5,000 USD. The examinations may be varied regardless the disease stage and ways of cancer spread. Clarify the price for treatment and diagnostic procedures costs on Bookimed website.
What are the breast cancer treatment methods at Sheba Medical Center?
One of the breast cancer advanced treatment methods at Sheba Medical Center is sentinel menthod. It enables the detection of affected tissues and the selective resection of lymph nodes with no affection of the healthy ones.
The high rates of successful breast cancer treatment of any stage have the following methods:
- Palliative surgery;
- Comprehensive chemotherapy;
- Radiation therapy;
- Targeted therapy as well as plastic reconstruction of mammary gland.
Clinic Cancer Center “Herzliya” has thirty years of experience. Center staff takes trainings and gets skills in the best medical centers in the world. Each patient throughout the treatment period is accompanied by a personal manager and translator. Center Department of Diagnostic works quickly and professionally - for the entire period of the department’s activity there was no single case of misdiagnosis. The main pathologies treated in Cancer Center Herzliya are: leukemia, Hodgkin's lymphoma, lymphoblastic leukemia, myeloma, carcinoid tumor, branchiogenic tumor, lung cancer, melanoma, brain cancer and other cancers.
Cancer Center "Davidoff" of Rabin Medical Center is the largest oncology clinic in Israel and the entire Middle East. Every fifth of Israeli citizens gets an aid of the cancer treatment here. The center treats patients with all types of cancer and hematological diseases (leukemia, osteomyelosclerosis, anemia, leukocytosis, and others). The Center includes the departments of radiation therapy, chemotherapy, integrative medicine, palliative therapy and dietology. Center operates with the following cutting-edge techniques for treatment: SBRT, IMRT, IGRT, Rapid Arc., SIRT.