Advantages of Turkish neurosurgery:
- Internationally certified neurosurgery centers. The hospitals in Turkey have JCI (Joint Commission International) certificate. This is a global organization that assesses medical centers worldwide. Top neurosurgical hospitals in Europe, the USA, Korea, Israel also have JCI approval.
- Experienced doctors. Turkish neurosurgery doctors practice in top European and US hospitals to interchange the experience and implement new technologies in Turkey.
- Low prices. The cost of neurosurgical interventions in Turkey is 2-5 times cheaper than in Europe or the USA without quality loss. Such an affordability is explained by a general price policy in Turkey and income of local citizens.
The leading neurosurgery hospitals in Turkey are listed below. You can book any of them and start treatment within 3-5 days by submitting a request on Bookimed.
- Liv is among best neurosurgery hospitals in Turkey and worldwide — 91% is a success rate for brain and spinal cord surgeries. While the average index in Turkey is 81%. This means that there are no complications in 91 out of 100 patients after the surgical intervention.
- Over 250 successful neurosurgical operations are performed at Liv annually. This means that Liv neurosurgeons have great experience.
- You will be examined with MRI of the last generation before surgery. It creates the most detailed image of the brain and spinal cord. Due to this, a doctor chooses the best option for the surgery. You will receive the most effective treatment with minimal risk of postoperative complications.
- Liv neurosurgeons operate children and adults.
- Bookimed arranges the treatment at Liv within 5 days.
Neolife Department of Neurosurgery specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of brain tumors.
Examinations are carried out using MRI, positron emission computed tomography (PET-CT), gamma camera (used for functional brain research).
Treatment of tumors is performed using new methods of radiation therapy and radiosurgery: SBRT, IGRT, IGRS, RapidArc. They allow to adjust the intensity and direction of the beam so that it only affects the tumor and does not affect healthy tissue.
Anadolu is one of the biggest and most advanced hospitals in Turkey. Here, professional neurosurgeons perform surgical and minimally invasive operations related to cranial traumas and spinal cord malfunctions. A team of neurosurgeons that perform operations, shares decades of experience and hundreds of saved lives.
- Medipol is the largest medical center in Turkey. 1,200 patients are served here every day.
- One of the leading neurosurgeons in Turkey works at Medipol. Dr. Ali Zirh has over 35 years of experience. He studied in Germany, Spain, Great Britain, Israel, Belgium, the USA. Dr. Ali Zirh has performed over 1,000 surgical interventions on the brain for Parkinson's disease and other pathologies treatment; over 500 deep brain stimulations (DBS) procedures. To get an appointment with Dr. Ali Zirh, point this in your request to Bookimed.
- Medipol follows strict US standards for treatment to provide world-class medical care.
- The neurosurgery cost at Medipol is about 1.5-2 times lower compared to European, Israeli, and Korean hospitals.
The Neurosurgery Department in Okan Hospital (Istanbul, Turkey) specializes in the surgical treatment of diseases of the central and peripheral nervous systems.
Here patients with hernias, tumors, hydrocephalus are treated. The Department is equipped with CT and MRI.
Costs of neurosurgery procedures in Turkey
|Radiotherapy||$3100 - $14000|
|Brain tumor removal||$8500 - $30000|
|CyberKnife||$4400 - $12000|
|Gamma Knife||$6000 - $9000|
|Deep brain stimulation (DBS) surgery||$24000 - $50300|
|Herniated disc surgery||$2500 - $18000|
|PET/CT||$600 - $1300|
|Ultrasound||$90 - $300|
|MRI of one area||$350 - $800|
|CT (computer tomography)||$390 - $500|
The Neurosurgery Department in Memorial Hospital (Istanbul, Turkey) specializes in the surgical treatment of the brain and spinal cord tumors, arteriovenous malformation, carotid artery stenosis.
Surgeons carry out operations using microscopic and endoscopic methods. During the procedure, the doctors perform neuromonitoring. It helps to avoid damage to the brain parts which are responsible for vital functions. Patients with inoperable tumors undergo irradiation on a TrueBeam STx device.
Memorial Hospital Bahçelievler (Memorial Bahçelievler Hastanesi) is a multidisciplinary medical center in Istanbul with an eco-friendly design. There are a lot of green areas on the hospital territory, which contribute to patients’ psychological comfort and their speedy recovery.
The medical facility specializes in cardiovascular surgery, orthopedics, urology, gynecology, general and robotic surgery.
Memorial Atasehir Hospital is a private multidisciplinary hospital in Istanbul which belongs to the large Memorial Healthcare Group. The Memorial Atasehir specialties are organ transplant (with 99.5% success rate for liver and 99% for kidney), in vitro fertilization (65% success rate), oncology, cardio- and neurosurgery.
The hospital has Joint Commission International (JCI) certificate for the compliance with international treatment standards, quality, and safety. JCI is a global organization that controls the quality of medical services worldwide.
Memorial Antalya Hospital is a private multidisciplinary hospital in Turkey. It specializes in medical and radiation oncology, general, plastic, and reconstruction surgery. Memorial Antalya Hospital meets international standards of quality and safety according to the JCI (Joint Commission International), an authoritative organization evaluating world-class medical centers.
Memorial Hospital in Ankara (Memorial Ankara Hastanesi) is one of the largest private hospitals in the Turkish capital.
Memorial Ankara Hospital specializes in cardiology, cardiovascular surgery, medical oncology, and orthopedics.
Heart surgeries are performed through a thin catheter, without incisions in the thorax. Radiotherapy of tumors is carried out on TrueBeam STx and Elekta Versa HD devices of the last generation.
Memorial in Ankara is awarded by JCI, an international certificate that confirms treatment quality.
In Acibadem neurosurgical clinics are performed the full range of diagnostics and therapeutic procedures of traumas, tumors and brain damages, spine and organs located in anatomically difficult areas. Modern technology (3 Tesla MRT and GammaKnife), as well as multidisciplinary approach, made Acibadem one of the worldwide leading centers of neurosurgery. Acibadem Neurosurgical Clinic includes three main departments: adult neurosurgery, pediatric neurosurgery and spinal surgery.
The Department of Neurosurgery in Medicana Medical Center (Istanbul, Turkey) specializes in the removal of the spinal cord and brain tumors.
The specialists use MRI to detect tumors. The localization of metastases is determined by positron emission computed tomography (PET-CT).
Treatment is performed surgically or with the help of a high-precision CyberKnife system.
Medical Park Hospital carries out full spectre of patient and outpatient services for people requiring neurosurgical operations. The services include complete diagnostic, follow-up care, and therapy. The Neurology Unit at Medical Park cooperates with Medical Imaging and Neurosurgery Units. Serious conditions that require urgent intervention are managed in Intensive care unit.
Hisar Hospital Intercontinental is a multispecialty medical center in Turkey, Istanbul.
The medical center specializes in pediatric and adult cardiovascular surgery, orthopedics, oncology.
Hisar Hospital is certified by JCI (Joint Commission International) that confirms compliance with international standards of treatment quality and safety.
Patients from European, Middle Eastern, and Asian countries choose Hisar Hospital.
Romatem Center was founded in 2005 and over the past decade has become a network of clinics specializing in physiotherapy and rehabilitation. To day, has Romatem is located in 5 Turkish cities. Romatem has got a high-tech robotic equipment and uses the latest techniques in rehabilitation of patients with different diseases and injuries. The center cooperates with many major Turkish hospitals.
Kolan International Hospital in Istanbul is a part of huge medical institution group. It consists of 6 hospitals and 2 medical centers. It can accommodate 1,230 patients. The main specializations are cardiology, oncology, orthopedics, neurology, and ophthalmology.
Yeditepe University Hospital is a multidisciplinary medical center created on the basis of Turkish medical university in Istanbul. The clinic includes 15 highly-specialized centers and is one of the largest in the country. It performs different types of organ transplantations for both children and adults. Yeditepe is known for its rigorous attitude towards cleanliness and is going to open the first in the world completely antibacterial hospital this year.
Nobel Center is a facility specialized in physical therapy and rehabilitation. It is located in Pamukkale, Turkey's mineral water spa territory near Denizli (city in the southwestern part of Turkey).
Nobel focuses on patients who require neurological and orthopedic rehabilitation.
Therapy in hot and mug wells and affordable prices are the most attractive benefits of Nobel Rehab Center among international patients.
Medical tourists from China, Switzerland, Spain, Germany, France, Russia, Kazakhstan, and Ukraine choose Nobel.
Nobel Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation Center provides excellent services. That's why this center is famous especially among Turkish politicians.