TOP world leading specialist in surgical oncology works in Teknon
Dr. Antonio de Lacy Fortuny has invented minimally invasive treatment method for rectal cancer with the best prognosis for the patient.
Teknon Oncology Institute (IOT) is one of the leading centers in Spain and Europe specialized in treatment of rectal cancer. IOT unites professionals of oncology who have got the international recognition. The Institute is equipped with innovative technologies for establishing an accurate diagnosis and conducting an effective treatment of rectal cancer: 3D planning, CT virtual simulation, dual linear accelerator, first in Europe real-time monitoring for the purpose of ensuring precision in the administration of the treatment, etc.
For establishing a precise diagnosis and stage of illness, doctors apply colonoscopy, biopsy, blood test, endoscopy, MRI and CT.
Dr. Antonio de Lacy Fortuny applies an operation invented by himself with the best prognosis and cure rate for cancer patient. This operation is conducted in two ways: laparoscopically and transanally by two teams of doctors correspondingly. During this procedure functions of pelvic organs (control of urination, defecation, erectile function) are preserved. Surgeons all over the world are consulted by Dr. Antonio de Lacy Fortuny about conducting this operation for treatment of colon and rectal cancer.
HM Hospitales are among TOP 5 private hospitals according to Healthcare reputation monitor
HM Hospitales is the leading group of hospitals in Madrid which consists of 3 Comprehensive and 6 General institutions. They are highly specializes in Oncology, Neuroscience and Cardiology. HM Hospitales provide international patients with full 24/7 service. Doctors at the Center use robotic surgical systems for treatment cancer patients to avoid traumatic consequences and complications.
At the Center are available all methods of diagnostics for establishing a precise diagnosis: colonoscopy, PET-CT, MRI, CT, etc.
Treatment of rectal cancer in HM Hospitales can be conducted by using Da Vinci Robotic surgery (an innovative minimally invasive method of treatment). A plan of treatment by chemotherapy is developed according to the stage of rectal cancer, and this kind of treatment is possible to undergo on an outpatient basis.
- Why do the patients choose oncological Department of Quiron Barcelona Hospital?
- Who specializes in the treatment of cancer in Quiron Barcelona Clinic?
- How is the diagnostics carried out at Quiron Barcelona?
- Prices for complex diagnostics of oncology in Quiron Barcelona Hospital
Oncological Department at Quiron Barcelona is more than just a division of the clinic. This Department is honorary titled as the Baselga Insitute of Oncology. It was named after its founder, a world’s recognized oncologist Professor Jose Baselga. The prior specialization of Dr. Baselga is breast cancer. Annually, more than 3,000 patients get treatment and over 20,000 receive consultations at the Institute. Various scientific researches are conducted on the basis of the Clinic, which allows to develop new treatment methods and urgently implement them into practice.
Who specializes in the treatment of cancer in Quiron Barcelona Clinic?
The best oncologists in Spain work with the patients here:
- Pr. Jose Baselga, a world-famous physician and the only European oncologist honored to be the member of the American Cancer Society;
- Dr. Josep Tabernero is another great specialist in the world of oncology. He is the author of several medical protocols successfully applied in many countries;
- Dr. Armando López-Guillermo, an oncohematologist;
- Dr. Daniel Sánchez Posada, an oncosurgeon.
Quiron Barcelona Medical Center uses a multidisciplinary approach and the latest equipment. It gives an opportunity to exclude inaccuracies during diagnostics and increase the treatment effectiveness.
How is the diagnostics carried out at Quiron Barcelona?
The complex diagnostic program includes:
- Complete and biochemical blood count (checking the state of separate organs, systems or of the whole body);
- Blood test for tumor markers (detection of the specific substances common for cancer);
- CT, PET-CT, MRI and ultrasound (detection of metastases, assessment of regional lymph nodes);
- Biopsy of tumor tissues: fine-needle or trephine biopsy (for histological verification of the diagnosis).
Prices for complex diagnostics of oncology in Quiron Barcelona Hospital
The diagnostics takes from 2 to 5 days depending on the type of pathology and general body condition of a patient. The total cost of the diagnostics contains the price for doctor consultation and diagnostic procedures:
- Blood count - €250-500;
- Mammography - €195;
- Arthrography - €293;
- Cystography - €293;
- Cholangiography - €293;
- Urethrocystography - €293;
- Ultrasound - €200-350;
- Tomography - €242;
- Myelography - €293;
- Biopsy - €200-650.
Receive an individual program
How is the treatment of cancer conducted in Quiron Barcelona Oncological Department?
The Baselga Institute of Oncology takes part in the development of innovative treatment techniques, that’s why it can be confidently said that the patients receive the most accurate diagnostics and high-quality treatment here. The hospital uses all kinds of innovative manipulations for cancer treatment:
- Robotic surgery using the da Vinci robot;
- Minimally invasive and bloodless operations;
- Radiotherapy (Cyber-knife, TrueBeam);
- Cryoresection and cryodestruction;
- Chemotherapy with the newest drugs.
Quiron Madrid Hospital is one of the best clinics in Spain which is a part of the holding QuironSalud.
This network takes 1st and 3rd places respectively in the number of clinics in Spain and Europe. Quiron Madrid uses the most innovative equipment. Its personnel consist exclusively of professionals many of whom are recognized around the world. The main task for the leadership of the clinic is to ensure the maximum treatment efficiency and comfort for every patient.