John de Groot
Thomas A. Aloia
David B Sokol
Dr. Antonio de Lacy Fortuny is an oncosurgeon with 25 years of experience. The doctor specialises in rectal and colon cancer treatment, bariatric surgery, esophageal cancer treatment.
The surgeon has performed over 15,000 surgical procedures. Dr. de Lacy performs over 1,000 interventions a year using minimally invasive techniques (laparoscopic and robotic surgeries).
Dr. Antonio de Lacy is a member of Medical International Communities, Societies and Associations. He is president of the Association of Surgeons-Endoscopists in Europe. The doctor is a lecturer at international courses on the study of advanced techniques and laparoscopy.
Dr. de Lacy Fortuny is considered to be one of the world-renowned pioneers in gastrointestinal surgery. He is the first surgeon to perform surgical techniques such as:
- Dr. De Lacy became the world's first specialist to remove the gallbladder through the mouth. On the third day after the hospitalized the patient was discharged from the hospital.
- In 2010, the doctor was the first in the world to remove the large intestine.
- The doctor is a founder of laparoscopic surgery for the colon and rectum cancer. In 2009 he performed the first surgery of rectal extraction in the world using a new technique called TaTME (transanal total mesorectal excision). Now the doctor trains and imparts his knowledges to the surgeons.
- Dr. de Lacy Fortuny is a pioneer of the method of transluminal endoscopic surgery (NOTES), which provides access to the abdominal cavity through natural openings.
Your request has been submitted successfully Our Doctor-Coordinator will contact you in the short term
Что-то пошло не так! Попробуйте еще раз
- Fast response on your request
- Medical coordinator informs you on all treatment options
- No hidden or extra fees
- Transfer and accomodation assistance
*Your contact information will be used only for medical consultation and won't be shared.