98% is a success rate of leukemia treatment at Ichilov
Diagnostics of leukemia may last 3-4 days. Treatment program is made by a multidisciplinary team of specialists to achieve the highest effectiveness.
Both adult and pediatric units regarding bone marrow transplantation function at Sourasky Medical Center. If a diagnosis is established in time, the success rate of immunotherapy in the Clinic is 95%. After undergoing radiation therapy, up to 93% of patients achievt a long-lasting remission. Doctors of Sourasky have a wide experience in bone marrow transplantations conducting over 1,000 procedures per year.
2,000 bone marrow transplants, among them 400 for children
|Bone marrow puncture with cytogenetic analysis|
|Consultation of a hematologist|
|Hemanalysis (general, biochemical, hormonal)||140 $|
|Consultation of an oncologist||450 $|
|Biochemical blood analysis||320 $|
Rambam Medical Center belongs to TOP-3 clinics in Israel for treatment of leukemia. The Hospital has own multidisciplinary laboratories and blood bank.
Peculiarities of examination of patients with leukemia in Israel
To confirm the diagnosis of leukemia of each patient, Israeli oncologist and hematologist make the examination, program of diagnostics and start the treatment within the shortest possible period of time.
The stage of the diagnosis of the disease is determined by means of the following procedures:
- Complete Blood Count with Differential;
- Bone marrow puncture;
- MRI, CT;
Oncologists in Israel define the following stages of leukemia characterized by pathological changes increase.
- The initial stage - increase or decrease the number of white blood cells, rarer - red blood cells, thrombocytopenia, a small number of blasts. Symptoms are nonspecific or absent.
- Deployed stage - change of hematopoiesis on cells rejuvenation are intensifying. Symptoms are shown either simultaneously or alternately.
- Remission - health condition of the patient improves, blood counts may be normal. A complete recovery is possible, if a recurrence does not occur within 5 years.
- Reсurrence - symptoms and pathological changes in blood counts return.
- End-stage - hard treatable stage of acute leukemia.
Blood cancer treatment in Israel
- The fundamental principle of leukemia treatment in Israel- are chemotherapy and targeted therapies - with drugs, produced by means of genetic engineering. After running into the blood, the drugs of targeted therapy are combined with tumor cells in the sort of antigen-antibody, and destroy cancer cells at all stages of disease.
- Another method of leukemia treatment in Israel is bone marrow transplantation, which is used according to indications, if it is possible to stop the leukemia in such a way.
- Leukemia treatment in Israel is always a complex process, so radiation therapy, immunotherapy, blood transfusions are also used.
Leukemia Treatment Cost in Israel
The success rate of treatment of leukemia in children is one of the highest in the world - up to 95%
The cost of complete treatment of leukemia in Israel is calculated individually for each case. The initial cost of bone marrow transplantations (which is obligatory not in every case) is approx. from EUR 70,000.
Up to 90% of successful treatment of leukemia in children
|CT of three cavities||1100 $|
|The study of the bone marrow (myelogram)|
|Bone marrow puncture with cytogenetic analysis||2700 $|
|Consultation of a hematologist|
|Hemanalysis (general, biochemical, hormonal)|
|Tumor Marker Blood Test||480 $|
Leukemia is treated both in adults and children at Assuta. Over 2,600 bone marrow transplantations have been conducted. 80% is a transplantability index (adaptation) of bone marrow - the highest one in Israel. Hospital rooms are equipped with a special filtering systems to clear an air.