Private clinic with increased comfort level
Why is Assuta one of the best medical center to treat herniated disc?
- Assuta Medical Center doctors use expendables produced by leading international companies — Baricard, KL, Johnson's and Johnson's;
- Patients are treated by top neurosurgeon of Israel — Dr. Zvi Ram;
- the best success rate in Israel — 90% patients have improvement of health condition and feel no pain after the treatment.
Standard diagnostic set of procedures for herniated disc includes consultation with neurosurgeon, magnetic-resonance tomography, X-rays and blood tests. Computed tomography can be indicated additionally.
|MRI||900 - 1000 $|
|Consultation of a neurosurgeon||660 - 880 €|
|Lab tests||320 $|
|Consultation with multispecialized team||550 - 650 $|
Assuta team applies the following treatment methods:
- hydrodiscectomy — minimally invasive surgery for herniated disc that uses a stream of water. The surgery lasts up to an hour. Success rate of this procedure is over 95%;
- Titanium Chip vertebral fixation — installation of a self-expanding implant between cerebral vertebras. It is carried out through small incisions (up to 5 cm). Rehabilitation period is up to 12 days;
- cold plasma nucleoplasty — removal of a part of a substance of intervertebral disc with a use of special guide-needle.
Top sportsmen choose Sourasky Medical Center
Peculiarities of herniated disc treatment in Sourasky Hospital:
- preoperative preparation and operation are provided by multi-specialized team: radiologist, neurosurgeon, anesthesiologist;
- herniated disc surgery success rate at Sourasky — 85%;
- over 2,000 herniated disc surgeries per year.
Preoperative diagnostics lasts from 2 to 5 days. Each patient has individual diagnostic program. A program depends on injured region of spine and general health condition of a patient.
|Lab tests||910 $|
|Consultation of a neurosurgeon||650 - 750 $|
|Consultation with multispecialized team||500 - 600 $|
Herniated disc treatment period is 2-3 weeks. It comprises medical examination, surgery and rehabilitation.
Treatment cost depends on surgery type (standard discectomy, discectomy with fixation, discectomy surgery with artificial disc replacement).
Rambam has the largest rehabilitation department in Israel
Timely rehabilitation has key importance for the treatment of herniated disc. Further condition of a patient depends on rehabilitation quality.
Rambam offers the best prices for diagnostics of spinal disc herniation. Standard diagnostic package includes 2 stages. At the first, a patient consults with neurosurgeon and allied specialists (anesthesiologist, physician, dentist). At the second stage, X-ray and MRI examinations, laboratory tests are carried out. If a patient has images of good quality made at his/her place of residence, no additional examinations can be needed.
|Consultation of a neurosurgeon||450 - 600 $|
|Lab tests||580 $|
|Consultation with multispecialized team||430 - 590 $|
Treatment period for spinal disc herniation normally lasts from 2 to 3 weeks.
|Discectomy (Removal of lumbar disc)||20000 - 25000 $|
What is the treatment for herniated disc in Israel?
Treatment for spinal disc herniation in Israel is provided by internationally renowned specialists: Ilia Pikarsky MD, Zvi Lidar MD, Menashe Zaarour MD, Zvi Ram MD and others. Israeli neurosurgeons have unique experience including long-term internship practice in leading European and American clinics.
Hospitals in Israel apply advanced surgical and non-surgical techniques:
- intraspinal injection of steroids;
- orthokin therapy (treatment using patient’s own antibodies);
- percutaneous nucleoplasty (cold destruction of hernia);
- laser vaporization (evaporation of hernia);
- endoscopic discectomy(removal of the defect thorough incisions up to 5 cm).
Treatment plan for herniated disc in Israel
Stage 1 — diagnostics. Prior to the treatment it is necessary to ensure that the diagnosis is correct. Final diagnosis is always based on X-rays and MRI images.
Stage 2 — preparation to the treatment. It includes: consultation with neurosurgeon and allied specialists, laboratory tests. At this stage doctors determine health condition of a patient and develop treatment approach. Most cases require non-surgical treatment. If surgery is demanded, Israeli doctors will apply less traumatic operations.
Herniated disc surgeries normally last not more than 2-3 hours. Total discectomy with prosthesis of removed disc takes maximum time — the surgery can last up to 4-5 hours.
Stage 3 — rehabilitation. Depending on the treatment method, rehabilitation period takes from 2 to 5 days. After surgeries like hydrodiscectomy (removal of hernia using normal saline under pressure) and vaporization (evaporation), a patient easily moves the next day after the surgery.
In the Clinic Neurosurgery Center “Herzliya” are held all kinds of operations on the brain and spinal cord, and are treated all kinds of disorders of the central nervous system. Robotic and minimally invasive surgical procedures are widely used and bring maximum medical effect and fast rehabilitation process of the patient. Microsurgical and endovascular tools allow performing operations precisely and accurately. The risk to damage the important brain and spinal cord parts is reduced to zero.
Neurosurgery Department of Beilinson Hospital provides diagnostics and treatment of diseases, brain and spinal cord tumors, as well as cooperate closely with the Department of Neuro-oncology and Radiosurgery Rabin Medical Center. The head of the department is Professor Zvi Rappaport - Vice-President of the Neurological Surgeons World Federation. The medical staff specializes in the treatment of brain tumors, pituitary adenomas, hydrocephaly, spinal hernia, cerebral aneurysms.