Best bariatric diabetes type 2 treatment in Germany according to Focus
Treatment of diabetes and its complications are in charge of Prof. Matthias Schlensak's team, that was awarded as a leading one in bariatric diabetes treatment. Diabetes type 2 treatment is performed by surgeons, behavioural therapists, endocrinologists, nutritionists and personal trainers.
Every patient gets personalized treatment plan. Your level of sugar in blood is always under control.
- diabetic foot;
- renal failure;
- visual impairment;
- trophic ulcers.
Methods of type 2 diabetes cure surgery are related to metabolic surgery. Also, methods of obesity surgery are used. If you lose weight — the blood sugar level gets normal. Food, accommodation, transfer and medical care are included.
|Roux-en-Y gastric bypass||15000 €|
|Sleeve resection||13000 €|
|Adjustable gastric band|
96.2% of patients have no complications after type 2 diabetes surgery
Surgery for type 2 diabetes is conducted by Alper Celik — he performs more than 1,400 surgeries annually. 96,2% of patients don't have any complications.
- sleep apnea (pauses in breathing);
- high blood pressure;
- high level of cholesterol and triglycerides (may cause cardiac infarction).
Food, hospitalization for 5 days, transfer and medical care are included in the final cost.
|Metabolic Surgery||16000 - 20000 $|
Laparoscopic and endoscopic methods are used
Teknon physicians are specialized in the surgical treatment of diabetes with laparoscopic and endoscopic methods (stomach centesis or natural orifice). Surgeries are conducted at Laparoscopic Surgery Center headed by Carlos Ballest.
Also, physicians treat complications after conducted treatment.
If you require a diet, nutritionists will provide you with the dietary plan. Also, plastic surgeries and programs of physical activity can be conducted.
|Adjustable gastric band|
|Roux-en-Y gastric bypass||20000 €|
|Sleeve resection||18000 €|
How metabolic and bariatric surgeries are performed
- In case you are taking blood thinners and antiplatelet drugs (aspirin, clopidogrel), you have to inform your doctor. It is necessary to stop taking the following drugs before the surgery. 1 day before the surgery you have to consume only liquid food, 8 hours before the surgery you have to stop eating and drinking anything. It can help to clear an intestine and you can avoid putting an enema.
- Surgeries (metabolic and bariatric) are performed with laparoscopic method (stomach centesis). All surgeries are performed under anesthesia. Your blood pressure and blood oxygen level will be measured. You have to wear a catheter on your forearm that will be removed in 1 or 2 days after the surgery. Also, you have to wear urinal catheter until you will be able to go to the toilet. For the prevention of thromboembolic complications, the patient has to wear special stockings or elastic bandages on a leg. During the surgery the patient is breathing with help of medical ventilation apparatus that is removed after the surgery.
- The first day after the surgery the patient stays in intensive care unit, doctors examine the patient's state. First hours after the surgery you are allowed to drink water only. Two or three days after the surgery the patient starts taking liquid food. Hospitalization usually lasts 4-6 days.
- After your discharge, you should keep liquid or semi-solid diet. You have to drink 1.5 liters of water per day. Within a month after the surgery, you should take prescribed medications and nutritional supplements. During the month you have to measure the pressure, the amount of blood sugar and weight regularly.
Normalization of fertility for women after the surgery
Therapy of Diabetes at BLK is provided by the Center for Treatment of Liver and Gastrointestinal Tract. Surgeries are conducted by Dr. Ravindra Watts - a specialist in bariatric and metabolic surgery with laparoscopic method (through small punctures of the abdominal wall). Dr. Watts is the member of International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders.
Doctors of the clinic notice normalization of fertility for women who undergo this treatment.
|Sleeve resection||6700 - 9300 $|
|Adjustable gastric band|
|Roux-en-Y gastric bypass|
Best price for type 2 diabetes cure surgery
Obesity surgical treatment in San Raffaele Clinic is used as a therapy at metabolic disorders, particularly for diabetes type 2 treatment. This direction is covered by the National institute for obesity treatment that performs more than 1,000 surgeries annually. Dr. Carlo Socci, with 17 years of experience, works with medical tourists who seek treatment abroad.
All surgeries are performed using video-laparoscopic minimally invasive methods. This technique provides the best aesthetic results, and reduces post-operative pain. In case of a significant reduction in weight, you may also need a functional plastic surgery.
|Adjustable gastric band||9000 €|
|Roux-en-Y gastric bypass||9000 €|
|Sleeve resection||9000 €|
Diabetic surgery is performed by a member of International Federation of Obesity Surgery
Diabetes surgery at Medical Park is controlled by a specialized department under the leadership of Chief surgeon - Dr. Tugrul Demirel.
All surgeries are performed laparoscopically (through small punctures in the anterior abdominal wall). During the sleeve resection and gastric bypass surgery, hospitalization lasts 3 days. During the ballooning - 1 day (and complete physical examination in 3 days). Preparation for bandaging takes 2 days, hospitalization - 1 day (and complete physical examination in 7-10 days). Hospital stay and examination are included in the cost of the operation.
|Adjustable gastric band||6240 $|
|Roux-en-Y gastric bypass||10000 $|
|Gastric balloon||4800 $|
|Sleeve resection||11000 $|
Advanced Center for Obesity Surgery according to SRG Committee
Statistics of overweight patients' weight loss:
- 1 month after surgery - 20% of weight;
- 2 months after - 37%;
- 3 months after - 54%;
- 1 year after surgery - 71%.
|Roux-en-Y gastric bypass||14500 $|
|Sleeve resection||12000 $|
Surgeries are conducted by a member of American Society of Bariatric Surgery
Head of the department - Dr. Abeid Subhi. Dr. Subhi has over 20 years of experience.
All types of bariatric surgeries are conducted in the center. The operation of gastric banding in Sourasky Clinic makes it possible to achieve a loss of 50-60% of weight. Gastric bypass of stomach reduces excess weight by 65-70%.
|Roux-en-Y gastric bypass||20000 $|
|Adjustable gastric band||16240 $|
|Gastric balloon||6240 $|
The lowest percentage of complications in the world after bariatric surgery
One of the most experienced bariatric surgeons in Europe is conducting weight loss surgery. Hospital KCM is the organizer of seminars on laparoscopic bariatrics for surgeons from around the world. Seminars are broadcasted from the operating theater on air.
|Roux-en-Y gastric bypass||6400 €|
|Sleeve resection||6000 €|