- Why do patients choose Medipol Clinic to treat sarcoma?
- What methods of sarcoma diagnostics are applied in Medipol Hospital?
- What is the cost for sarcoma diagnostics in Medipol Clinic?
- Methods of sarcoma treatment in Medipol Hospital
Why do patients choose Medipol Clinic to treat sarcoma?
The Department of Oncology in Medipol Hospital is renowned for its successful treatment cases of sarcomas of different types and stages not only in adults but also in children. Radiation therapy is carried out by means of innovative technologies, which minimize side effects after radiation and significantly increase the effectiveness of the treatment.
These latest technologies such as Cyberknife, Gammaknife, Nanoknife allow to destroy even tumors in hard-to-reach places. Based on sarcoma analysis (genetic studies of tumor tissue) new targeted chemotherapeutic agents, modified regimens are created, developed more effective and safe ways for the their introduction into the body are developed.
What methods of sarcoma diagnostics are applied in Medipol Hospital?
- Blood test for tumor markers;
- X-ray, MRI, PET/CT, ultrasound;
- Bones scanning;
- A thorough physical examination.
What is the cost for sarcoma diagnostics in Medipol Clinic?
The cost starts from $ 2,700. Prices are formed individually for each patient, you can get a personal treatment program with the exact prices right now!
Methods of sarcoma treatment in Medipol Hospital
Among the effective methods for treating sarcoma clinic Medipol specialists apply:
- Surgical technique of excision. Complete excision of sarcoma is not carried out because of the vagueness of its borders and its ingrown into healthy tissue. Therefore, after the operation is mandatory chemotherapy to completely destroy the remaining cancer cells and prevent the risk of relapse.
- Stereotactic radiotherapy - modern innovative non-invasive method using Gamma Knife, Cyberknife - a tumor from a different angle is irradiated with a thin beam of radiation, a CT or MRI.
- Targeted therapy and chemotherapy.
These treatment therapies in a complex provide high indicators - patients’ survivability is 10 years and even more in 70% cases.
- Why Acibadem Clinic is considered as one of the leading centers for sarcoma treatment?
- What methods of sarcoma diagnostics do Acibadem experts apply?
- Cost of sarcoma diagnostics in Acibadem
- What are the methods of sarcoma treatment in Acibadem?
Innovative methods of sarcoma treatment by means of targeted therapy and immunotherapy in Acibadem Clinic open prospects for an effective treatment of recurrent forms of the disease with minimal side effects. If case of sarcoma at the late stages, rehabilitation therapy after amputations of extremities caused by soft tissue sarcoma, help patients to recover lost functions quickly and to choose the convenient, easy-to-use and aesthetic prosthesis.
Sarcoma in Acibadem is treated by a team of experts from the Departments of Orthopedics, Surgery, Oncology, Pathology, Plastic surgery and Radiology, who practise the latest treatment techniques and technologies.
What methods of sarcoma diagnostics do Acibadem experts apply?
- Physical examination;
- Laboratory tests (complete blood count and biochemical blood test);
- X-ray, CT, MRI, PET-CT;
- Ultrasound (with Doppler ultrasound), planar scintigraphy;
- Biopsy (fine needle aspiration);
- Cor-biopsy, incisional, excisional biopsies.
Cost of sarcoma diagnostics in Acibadem
The cost starts from $ 2,700. Total cost is formed individually for each patient, and you can contact Bookimed to get a personal treatment program with the exact prices.
What are the methods of sarcoma treatment in Acibadem?
For the treatment of sarcomas, various methods are used in Acibadem Clinic:
- Surgery (wide local excision - removal of the tumor within the surrounding healthy tissues);
- Organ-preserving (sparing) surgeries on the extremities - tumor removal is made without amputation;
- Amputation of extremity - partial or full extremity removal;
- Lymphadenectomy (lymph node dissection) is the removal of regional lymph nodes;
- Radiation therapy (pre- and postsurgical);
- Regional hyperthermia - tissues around the tumor are subjected to high temperature exposure to ruin and kill cancer cells;
- Targeted therapy.
After treatment, patients should be examined regularly according to a doctor's plan.
- Why Memorial Hospital is considered as one of the leading centers for sarcoma treatment?
- What methods of sarcoma diagnostics in Memorial Hospital?
- Cost of sarcoma diagnostics in Memoria Clinic
- What are the methods of sarcoma treatment in Memorial?
Memorial specialists treat sarcoma with interdisciplinary approach - a group of orthopedic oncologists, surgeons, oncologists and radiologists. During the treatment, the patient is also undergoing radiation therapy and physical therapy. But this disease is reflected on the physical and psychoemotional conditions of the person, that is why during the course of treatment, the patient is under the supervision of psychologists.
Nowadays, most of the clinic patients, around 70% are cured of bone sarcoma. This is connected with the fact doctors can detect the disease early and make an accurate diagnosis. A further treatment includes not only therapy, but also the subsequent case study involving the latest research results.
For sarcoma examination and detection Memorial specialists use the following diagnostic methods:
- Extended blood count;
- X-ray investigation of suspected osteosarcoma and other bone tumors;
- Ultrasound examination of soft tissues and internal organs;
- Radioisotope diagnostic methods;
- A biopsy of the tumor;
- Physical examination of the oncologist.
Cost of sarcoma diagnostics in Memorial Clinic
The cost starts from $ 2,700. Prices are formed individually for each patient depending on the set of required diagnostic procedures. You can get a personal treatment program with the exact prices contacting Bookimed!
What are the methods of sarcoma treatment in Memorial?
Poorly differentiated sarcomas of I and II stages and any localization in patients of all age groups with a satisfactory condition are treated by radical removal of the tumor by surgery with lymph node dissection.
In the postsurgical period one or two courses of chemotherapy or external beam radiotherapy can be applied.
Well differentiated sarcomas of 1-2 stages need to be treated surgically with extended lymph node dissection and concurrent chemotherapy in pre- and postoperative periods.
Sarcomas of the 3rd stage are treated by a combination of methods. In the preoperative period it is advisable to carry out a course of radiation and chemotherapy.
Sarcomas of the 4th stage (most of them) require symptomatic treatment (analgesics, detoxification therapy, of anemia correction, etc.).