- Methods of sarcoma diagnostics in Ichilov Hospital
- Cost of sarcoma diagnostics in Ichilov Clinic
- Methods of sarcoma treatment at Sourasky Medical Center
Why Ichilov Hospital is considered os one of the leading centers on sarcoma treatment?
Among the world-class specialists of sarcoma treatment in Ichilov Clinic is Prof. Ofer Merimsky, who is the Head of the Department of Skeleton and Soft Tissues Tumors in Ichilov (Sourasky) Clinic, Israeli Society for clinical Oncology and Radiation Therapy. As well as Prof. Jakov Bikels, well-known Israeli orthopedic surgeon and onсological orthopedist, famous worldwide for sarcoma treatment, who has tens of thousands of successful surgeries behind him.
Prof. Merimsky personally examines and consults patients with sarcoma and together with other experts of the center makes an individual treatment program. The Departments of Orthopedics, Surgery, Oncology, Pathology and Radiology of Ichilov Center actively participate in treatment of this pathology.
What methods of sarcoma diagnostics in Ichilov Clinic?
Diagnostics of a sarcoma in Ichilov Hospital is performed by means of instrumental researches in laboratory:
- Complete blood and urine analysis;
- Biopsy (biopsy sampling may be made from the tumor itself or the surrounding skin tissue, afterwards the drug is sent for histological examination);
- Radiography (radiography of the foci);
- Radiography and CT of the chest and lungs;
- Bone scintigraphy (bone scintigraphy of the foci);
- Ultrasound of organs and systems;
- Angiography (to detect vascular affections);
- CT of the foci (scanning of tumor localization to clarify the size, affection of the surrounding tissues, tumor spread on the intramedullary canal).
An advanced method of delayed enhancement MRI (DEMRI) is widely used.
What is the cost of sarcoma diagnostics in Sourasky Hospital?
The cost can vary from $ 4,000 to $ 7,000. The cost is formed individually for each patient, you can get a personal treatment program with the exact prices right now!
What are methods of sarcoma treatment in Ichilov Hospital?
Treatment program is individually selected for each patient personally. Course of treatment, as a rule, includes surgery, irradiation, chemotherapy and targeted therapy. The choice of the treatment depends on the accurate diagnosis.
Surgical excision of the tumor is the primary treatment method for sarcomas of the soft tissues. When the patient has sarcoma of an extremity, the doctor chooses sparing surgery to avoid the amputation of an arm or leg with potential following chemotherapy.
Ichilov Clinic apply the latest innovative types of radiation therapy to treat sarcoma, as:
- Brachytherapy, 3D-conformal radiotherapy, IMRT-therapy (the method with minimal side effects);
- Proton therapy and targeted therapy - the most promising direction of treatment of malignant tumors at all stages of their development. These innovative therapies are based on the use of biological synthesis of drugs, that can act on the poorly differentiated tumor cells and does not affect the healthy ones.
- Methods of sarcoma diagnostics in Assuta
- Cost of sarcoma diagnostics in Assuta Hospital
- Methods of sarcoma treatment at Assuta Medical Center
Treatment of a sarcoma in Assuta Clinic has a high success rates - half of patients are cured completely. Professor Ofer Merimsky is a leading Israeli oncologist. He is one of the experts in diagnostics and treatment of skeletal muscle sarcomas, soft tissue sarcomas, lung cancer and other tumors as mesothelioma and ovarian cancer. In Assuta he treats sarcomas and conduct radiosurgery.
All surgical and therapeutic procedures are carried out by experienced specialists. Each patient meets an individual approach, while the treatment course is developed considering all the nuances of the patient's condition. This allows to get the maximum effect from the treatment. One of the applicable innovative methods of sarcoma treatment in Assuta Hospital is immunotherapy. This procedure boosts the immune system of a patient in some tens times, setting it to the independent fight against the disease. Its main benefit is in minimal side effects. The process of sarcoma treatment at Assuta Medical Center is primarily aimed at organ preservation.
What methods of sarcoma diagnostics are in Assuta Hospital?
Patients of Assuta Clinic undergo a series of the following procedures to diagnosticate and whether confirm or exclude a sarcoma:
- computer tomography;
- Ultrasound with the latest technologies (for instance, a Doppler ultrasound);
- X-ray with contrast agents;
- Biopsy and histological examination of a tissue sample.
- Radioisotope scanning of the whole body or specific areas.
Often it is necessary to consult the orthopedist, immunologist, radiologist and oncologist too.
What is the cost of sarcoma diagnostics in Assuta Hospital?
The cost of the diagnostic package varies between USD 3,000 and 5,000. The cost is formed individually for each patient, you can get a personal treatment program with the exact prices right now!
What are the methods of sarcoma treatment in Assuta Clinic?
Sarcoma treatment in Assuta Clinic always involves urgent complex therapy. Among the effective methods of sarcoma treatment are radiotherapy, surgical intervention and chemotherapy. GammaKnife and CyberKnife are also spread applied. If the treatment foresees surgical intervention, doctors try to preserve organ or extremity maximally.
Complex method is based on intensive chemotherapy with immunotherapy before the surgery. This stops the spreading of the tumor and makes it more easy to remove it.
Excellent results are obtained due to application of the FUS ablation, when a powerful beam of ultrasonic waves is directed at the tumor center and destroys it. Postsurgical chemotherapy with biological drugs "fixes" the results of treatment, prevents recurrence. Best plastic surgeons in Assuta Hospital also carry out surgeries to mitigate the effects after sarcoma removal.
- Methods of diagnostics of sarcoma in Sheba Clinic
- Cost of sarcoma diagnostics in Sheba Hospital
- Methods of sarcoma treatment at Sheba Medical Center
Why Sheba Hospital is considered as one of the leading centers for sarcoma treatment?
Sarcoma Center in Sheba Hospital takes patients at any stage of the disease. The Center collaborates with doctors, whose specialization is pain relief in patients with orthopedic and cancerous patients.
The Center is specialized both at the treatment of primary malignant tumors of bone and soft tissue sarcomas, and at the treatment of metastases in the skeleton bone, particularly the spine. Also in Sarcoma Center doctors treat a broad range of oncological and orthopedic pathologies.
The specialists of the Departments of Orthopedic surgery, Oncology, Pathologies, and Radiology. The Center is headed by an accredited authority in radiology and clinical oncology Dr. Roni Weitzen, who specializes in the treatment of various types of sarcomas and cancer pathologies of the musculoskeletal system. Dr. Weitzen has received grants for research in total amount of ILS 2,000,000.
Depending on the type of sarcoma, diagnostics of Sheba may include:
- A thorough physical examination and consultation of highly qualified specialists;
- X-ray and three-dimensional (3D) CT;
- Tumor biopsy and histopathological analysis of the tissue samples;
- Nuclear magnetic resonance tomography (NMR imaging);
- Hematologic tests;
- Ultrasound (sonography);
- Bone scanning.
What is the cost of sarcoma diagnostics at Sheba Medical Center?
The cost of diagnostics varies between USD 3,000 and 6,000. It is formed personally for each patients, and you may get an individual treatment program with exact prices right now!
What are the methods of sarcoma treatment in Sheba Hospital?
Specialists in Sheba Clinic make an individual treatment plan for each patient, and depending on his/her diagnosis it may include:
- Surgical intervention with a focus on organ-preservation;
- Microsurgical methods that provide tissues transplant to restore the look of the operated area and to improve its functioning;
- Radiotherapy as adjuvant and neoadjuvant treatment with application of the latest technology of teleirradiation (including proton therapy, radiotherapy with radiation intensification modulation) and brachytherapy;
- Chemotherapy (mainly for children and bone affection);
- Targeted therapy based on the application of the latest achievements of genetic engineering.
Rambam Oncological Center is recognized as one of the leaders in Israel. A special feature of the center is the applying of the radiotherapy technologies and radioactive iodine in treatment. Treatment of patients is held outpatiently and inpatiently. Due to the close cooperation with leading European and US centers of cancer treatment, Rambam Center is introduced the most advanced and innovative technologies and equipment for cancer treatment from the best clinics in the world. Among them are the radio- and beam-therapy, brachytherapy, chemotherapy.
Cancer Center "Davidoff" of Rabin Medical Center is the largest oncology clinic in Israel and the entire Middle East. Every fifth of Israeli citizens gets an aid of the cancer treatment here. The center treats patients with all types of cancer and hematological diseases (leukemia, osteomyelosclerosis, anemia, leukocytosis, and others). The Center includes the departments of radiation therapy, chemotherapy, integrative medicine, palliative therapy and dietology. Center operates with the following cutting-edge techniques for treatment: SBRT, IMRT, IGRT, Rapid Arc., SIRT.
Clinic Cancer Center “Herzliya” has thirty years of experience. Center staff takes trainings and gets skills in the best medical centers in the world. Each patient throughout the treatment period is accompanied by a personal manager and translator. Center Department of Diagnostic works quickly and professionally - for the entire period of the department’s activity there was no single case of misdiagnosis. The main pathologies treated in Cancer Center Herzliya are: leukemia, Hodgkin's lymphoma, lymphoblastic leukemia, myeloma, carcinoid tumor, branchiogenic tumor, lung cancer, melanoma, brain cancer and other cancers.