- Percentage of cured patients with cancer of the larynx in Ichilov (Sourasky) Hospital
- Effective methods of larynx cancer treatment in Israel
- Cost of treatment of larynx cancer in Sourasky (Ichilov) Clinic
Why do patients choose Ichilov Hospital for the treatment of cancer of the larynx?
- The Department of Otorhinolaryngology is headed by Professor Dan Fliss, the leading Israeli expert on microinvasive surgeries for diseases of ear, nose and throat.
- Organ-preserved surgeries on the larynx and vocal cords (minimal injury to normal structures);
- The Clinic employ excellent plastic surgeons (true after resection of large tumors);
- The Clinic is fitted with advanced equipment (The ENT Department of the Clinic receives state support for the purchase of new equipment).
What is the efficacy of the treatment of larynx cancer treatment in Ichilov Hospital?
How is the diagnostics of larynx cancer is carried out in Israel?
- laryngoscopy, i.e. examination of the larynx by means of an optical device (a laryngoscope with a video camera);
- biopsy. During laryngoscopy a surgeon takes a sample of suspicious tissue particle for subsequent histology. Doctors in Ichilov Hospital conduct a revision of previous studies (at provided glasses);
- PET-CT and MRI are used if cancer of the larynx is spread to diagnose metastasis;
- larynx cancer diagnostics at Sourasky Medical Center takes from 2 to 5 days.
Methods of treatment of cancer of the larynx in Sourasky (Ichilov) Clinic
- endoscopic resection of larynx cancer (stage 1);
- chondrectomy – removal of the affected vocal cords with the subsequent installation of implants;
- partial laryngectomy;
- full laryngectomy (the epiglottis and thyroid gland are removed) with number of plastic surgeries afterwards. Hormone replacement therapy is appointed;
- chemotherapy and radiotherapy – reduce the risk of recurrence and the speed of tumor growth (for inoperable cases).
What is the cost of a comprehensive treatment of larynx cancer in Ichilov (Sourasky) Hospital?
In addition to the surgery, the price may include fees of plastic surgeons, and side effects treatment.
Estimated price for the treatment of cancer of the larynx at Sourasky Medical Center varies from $4,000 to $6,000. You can specify the cost on the website of Bookimed.
- Percentage of curability of patients with cancer of the larynx in Assuta Hospital
- Methods of treatment of cancer of the larynx in Israel
- Steps of larynx cancer diagnostics in Assuta Clinic
- Price of treatment of larynx cancer at Assuta Medical Center
Is it effective to treat larynx cancer is Assuta Clinic?
How cancer of the larynx is treated in Assuta?
- chemotherapy and irradiation of the tumor are applied at the 2-3 stage to prevent a recurrence (in conjunction with surgical methods). At the 4 stage they are used to slow tumor growth and improve the quality of life;
- full or partial laryngectomy followed by plastics;
- microsurgery on the larynx, surgeries on vocal cords (at 1-2A stage);
- Endoscopic resection of cancer of the larynx (at the 1 stage).
What is the diagnostic procedure of larynx cancer in Israel?
- blood test for tumor markers, specific for cancer of the larynx;
- endoscopic examination of the larynx, followed by biopsy;
- comprehensive diagnostics for spread disease: MSCT, PET-CT, MRI;
- diagnostics takes 3-4 days.
What medical care will you get in Assuta Clinic with the diagnosis of larynx cancer?
- Surgeries are conducted by leading otolaryngologists, such as Prof. Dan Fliss;
- Clinic is fitted for microsurgical interventions that increase the chances of saving the vocal cords;
- Known in Israel experts on restoration the structures of the neck after the large-scale surgeries (plastics);
- powerful imaging scanners (MRI, PET), which increase the accuracy of diagnostics;
- qualitative biopsy (patient address to specify the histology).
Price of diagnostics and treatment of larynx cancer in Assuta Hospital
- A biopsy costs $ 870, the revision of taken glasses costs $ 640;
- PET-CT begins from $ 1,940;
- Laryngoplasty starts from $ 5,000.
Depending on the stage of the disease and the particular clinical situation, the amount of examinations can be lower (for Tis and the 1st stage) or higher (for the spread disease).
You can clarify the cost of diagnostics and treatment of cancer of the larynx on the portal of Bookimed Company (free informational support).
Rambam Oncological Center is recognized as one of the leaders in Israel. A special feature of the center is the applying of the radiotherapy technologies and radioactive iodine in treatment. Treatment of patients is held outpatiently and inpatiently. Due to the close cooperation with leading European and US centers of cancer treatment, Rambam Center is introduced the most advanced and innovative technologies and equipment for cancer treatment from the best clinics in the world. Among them are the radio- and beam-therapy, brachytherapy, chemotherapy.
- What is the percentage of curability of cancer patients in Sheba Hospital?
- Diagnostics of cancer of the larynx in Sheba Clinic
- Cost of different methods of larynx cancer treatment at Sheba Medical Center
- Types of larynx cancer treatment in Israel
Why should the patients with larynx cancer go to Sheba?
- Professor Yoav Talmi, one of the leading Israeli specialists in interventions in the field of head and neck;
- radiotherapy of the clinic is headed by Dr. Zvi Simon, a specialist in brachytherapy and other non-invasive methods of treatment of cancer of the larynx.
Surgical departments of Sheba are fitted for surgical interventions at micro and macro levels.
The success of treatment of cancer of the larynx in Sheba Hospital
Principles of diagnostics of larynx cancer in Israel
- Patient is consulted by experienced oncologist and otolaryngologist in Sheba Clinic. In 25% of cases the “incoming" diagnosis changes at the early stages of diagnostics;
- laryngoscopy is conducted;
- the level of tumor markers is measured;
- during the endoscopic examination of the larynx, a biopsy is taken (with subsequent histology).
If biopsy confirms cancer, doctor appoints:
Prices for larynx cancer diagnostics at Sheba Medical Center
The sequence, types and amount of diagnostic procedures depend on the severity of the disease, the type of tumor cell and the patient's general condition.
The cost of the main examinations are:
- Consultation of ENT doctor and oncologist is from $300 to $500;
- complete blood test is up to $70;
- MRI (1 area) is up to $1,000;
- MSCT is $1,900.
Methods of treatment of cancer of the larynx in Sheba
- endoscopic removal of small tumors, followed by histology;
- radiotherapy to remove small tumors;
- partial or complete resection of the larynx (as as option is removal of the vocal cords);
- palliative surgery, chemotherapy, radiation therapy for patients with inoperable tumors;
- plastic surgery, implants of the vocal cords;
- rehabilitation after resection (working with a psychologist, recreation therapist).
Clinic Cancer Center “Herzliya” has thirty years of experience. Center staff takes trainings and gets skills in the best medical centers in the world. Each patient throughout the treatment period is accompanied by a personal manager and translator. Center Department of Diagnostic works quickly and professionally - for the entire period of the department’s activity there was no single case of misdiagnosis. The main pathologies treated in Cancer Center Herzliya are: leukemia, Hodgkin's lymphoma, lymphoblastic leukemia, myeloma, carcinoid tumor, branchiogenic tumor, lung cancer, melanoma, brain cancer and other cancers.
Cancer Center "Davidoff" of Rabin Medical Center is the largest oncology clinic in Israel and the entire Middle East. Every fifth of Israeli citizens gets an aid of the cancer treatment here. The center treats patients with all types of cancer and hematological diseases (leukemia, osteomyelosclerosis, anemia, leukocytosis, and others). The Center includes the departments of radiation therapy, chemotherapy, integrative medicine, palliative therapy and dietology. Center operates with the following cutting-edge techniques for treatment: SBRT, IMRT, IGRT, Rapid Arc., SIRT.