- Diagnostics of cancer at Sourasky Medical Center (Ichilov Hospital)
- Modern methods of oncologic diseases treatment
- Cost of cancer diagnostics and treatment in Ichilov Hospital
Why do the patients from all over the world choose Sourasky Medical Center to treat the oncologic diseases?
The Department of Oncology at Sourasky Medical Center is the leading in Israel for cancer treatment. This is one of the first oncologic medical centers in the world to implement the interdisciplinary approach in cancer treatment, amalgamating the leading experts and having equipped the center with the latest technologies.
What are the cancer diagnostic procedures in Ichilov Hospital?
The most advanced diagnostic equipment allows detecting the oncologic diseases at its initial stages, appointing and holding the treatment. The treating doctor and the expert team of the Medical Center develop the range of procedures of the comprehensive examination for every patient individually.
What are the modern treatment methods of cancer applied at the Medical Center?
The following surgeries are held at this Medical Center:
- Irradiation, including Gamma Knife and Cyber Knifer
- Removal of brain tumor in cooperation with the experts of the Department of Neurosurgery, radiotherapy by means of the most up-to-date the TrueBeam STx Novalis Linear Accelerator
- Breast restoration after the mammectomy
- Cryoresection of the bone tumors
- Resection of the inner organs etc.
What is the price for cancer diagnostics and treatment at Sourasky Medical Center?
Sourasky Public Medical Center offers its patients the cancer treatment in Israel by low prices in comparison with the European Medical Centers, while the quality and efficiency of the Clinic are some of the best in the world. The reviews of the patients after the cancer treatment in Ichilov Hospital in Israel prove its high effectiveness and service level.
Would you like to get the program and the exact price for cancer diagnostics and treatment at Sourasky Clinic?
Why does Assuta Medical Center admit annually thousands of patients from all over the world to treat the oncologic diseases?
The Oncology Center of the largest Israeli private Medical Center Assuta is fitted with all the required modern equipment for early diagnostics and treatment of cancer. The patients from all over the word can choose the leading professional oncologists by the opportunity of individual selection of the treating doctor.
What are the cancer diagnostic procedures at Assuta Medical Center?
This is the only place where the patient can get the diagnostics of cancer with immediate results of the biopsy. The prompt examination of cancer is the saving of the precious time for the timely treatment.
- Blood testing for tumor markers
- Ultrasound etc.
What are the treatment methods of the oncologic diseases applied at Assuta Medical Center?
The experts of Assuta Medical Center apply such treatment methods of cancer as radiosurgery and chemotherapy. The application of such device as IMRT allows providing the irradiation by regular intensity, which contributes to focused effects on the damaged cells no disturbing the healthy tissues.
The Department of Chemotherapy operates during late night hours providing its patients with the opportunity to combine the chemotherapy with the alternative methods of cancer treatment without any loss of time.
What is the price for cancer treatment at Assuta Medical Center in Israel?
Bookimed website allows its patients getting the treatment in private Assuta Clinic without the commission fee for the agent services. The patients pay for the services only to the account of the Medical Center.
The price for cancer treatment in Assuta Hospital is set up for each patient individually based on the required diagnostic and treatment procedures. You can find out the exact price now!
Treatment of bone cancer in Israel
Bone cancer is a whole group of cancers, malignant progress, developing in bone cells. Bone cancer may be a primary (this type of cancer is quite rare), when oncological disease develops in the bone tissue and secondary (metastatic) when cancer cells get into the bone tissue from other organs. Depending on the bone cells transforming into the cancerous cells, the specialists identify the following types of bone cancer:
- Chondroma is affection of the spine or skullbones by tumor, is the primary cancer;
- Chondrosarcoma is a primary cancer of the cartilaginous tissue;
- Osteosarcoma is a primary oncological disease covering pelvic or limb bones;
- Ewing's sarcoma is a cancer developing in the long bones;
- Osteoblastoma is a primary oncological disease in limb and pelvis bones;
- Fibrosarcoma affects connective tissues and then spread to the bone tissue;
- Histiocytoma is a cancer of soft tissues;
- Multiple myeloma is an oncological disease in the bone marrow cells and secondary cancer affects the bones.
According to the statistics on bone cancer, men of 20-30 years old are the most vulnerable.
- You can decide the expert whose consultation you would like to receive and get detailed information on how to do it, without leaving home.
- The cost of the entire program of diagnostics and treatment will be known immediately before the start of treatment.
- The price for bone cancer treatment is lower than in Europe and the USA.
The causes of bone cancer have been not fully identified yet. The studies proceed worldwide. A very important role in the development of bone cancer takes a genetic predisposition, i.e. inherited genetic defects. All pathological conditions cause an increased bone fragility and the following disruption of regenerative processes. The disruption of the genomic cell apparatus explains why bone cancer is more common for children and teenagers, when the intensive division and growth of bone cells occur.
The risk factors leading to mutations of bone cells and bone cancer also include:
- Paget's disease of bone;
- Radiation and ion irradiation;
- Mechanical bone damages and the injuries;
- Biological inheritance (unfavourable family medical history of this disease).
At the early stages of the disease symptoms are discernible, pain is not localized clearly. Increasing pain forces to see a specialist, but by this time the disease can already go to the metastasizing stage. Therefore, the screening tests of the skeletal system and regular consultation of experts are so important. Only doctor can identify the сharacteristic symptoms of bone cancer. These symptoms may differ depending on the type of tumor:
- The deformation of the bone;
- Painfulness of bones and joints;
- Swelling and mobility disorder of joints;
- Frequent bone fractures with long recovery;
- Weight and appetite loss;
- Increased body temperature.
Only general clinical picture will give a diagnostic result, each of these symptoms alone may indicate other disease and may not be as serious as bone cancer. But it is necessary to know the opinion of a specialist in any case.
Diagnostics of bone cancer in Israel
In Israel, specialists diagnose bone cancer both at the early stages and if disease is neglected in a few days after treatment in a clinic. With modern high-tech methods of examination and laboratory tests the patient receives a full picture of the situation and the ability to pass an effective and sparing program of treatment based on the results of the examination. On the first 1-2 days doctors detect the stage of the disease and on the following days they make the therapy regimens. Effective methods of examination in Israel are the following:
- Consultation of a leading specialist in a clinic;
- CT and MRI for the diagnostics of tumors of the spine and spinal cord;
- Biopsy (inspection of the glasses patient took with him/herself or repeated for control);
The diagnostic program includes additional procedures as per indications if there is a need to spread the area after searching the pathology.
In the first instance the stage of bone cancer is determined. The stage depends on the choice of treatment program:
Stage 1 of bone cancer
The tumor is limited by focus, its size is about 7-8 cm or less. High chances of a cure.
Tumor continues to grow with no metastasis. The chances of cure are high, but they depend on right treatment programs.
Stage 4 of bone cancer
Cancer cells adhere to underlaying organs and tissues and tissues can be a complication of a fractured bone. The chances of a cure are average and depend on the body's response to therapy, the patient's general condition and the qualification and experience of the doctor.
Tumor process actively effects on the function of other organs and systems, metastases are found in other organs. The chances of a cure are low, but the palliative treatment gives a high probability of extending the patient's life and improving its quality.
Modern methods of bone cancer treatment in Israel
Treatment of bone cancer in Israel is carried out only on the basis of careful study and evaluation of the data obtained from the diagnosticians. Israeli clinics offer their patients individually selected program of bone cancer treatment, including parameters of age, gender, family history, general health and inheritance. Excellent results can be achieved through continuous active interaction between doctor and patient.
Current treatment options for bone cancer in Israel include the following:
- surgery (conducted by sparing method using robotic the da Vinci robotic technologies);
- radiation therapy;
- hormone therapy;
- stereotactic therapy;
Each method has its advantages and is included in the program of treatment at any stage and any kind of bone cancer. However, the studies in the field of skeletal system are still moving in Israel. Each of these methods is improving and gets new, more effective medical and high-tech solutions to complex problems, thereby increasing the cure rate of patients with bone cancer in Israel.
Rehabilitation and prevention of reoccurrence of bone cancer in Israel
Rehabilitation and prevention of reoccurrence of bone cancer includes the long-term follow-up by specialists. Physical loads limitation, excluding the impact of unfavorable factors, a healthy lifestyle and systematic survey are required.
The cost of treatment of bone cancer in Israel
- The cost of cancer treatment programs in Israel is supervised at national level, so the price of medical services is much lower than in Europe and the USA.
- Medicine in Israel is recognized as the best standards of care in bone cancer and makes a great emphasis on psychological support, both the patients and their relatives.
- Traditionally, the formation of prices and cost of services is a topic of interest of each patient deciding to undergo treatment of bone cancer in Israel. The answer is very detailed and is known even before the start of the diagnostics and treatment.
Sheba Medical Center is a unique clinic as it is the only one of all medical centers in Europe and the Middle East, having signed the contract of research and development cooperation with the most famous and respected center of cancer treatment, i.e. American MD Anderson Cancer Center..
Sheba Center of Oncology has all the modern treatment technologies and programs for the patients suffering from the ontological diseases nowadays, as well as the innovative equipment for diagnostics, prevention and treatment of cancer.
What are the diagnostic and treatment procedures of cancer at Sheba Center of Oncology?
Sheba Clinic provides the innovative treatment method of 360° oncology CARE. This is not just the search of efficient methods of cancer treatment, but also the selection of individual treatment program and maximal care for the needs of the patients.
The following comprehensive examinations are appointed for the patient before the treatment in order to put the diagnosis:
- Blood testing for tumor markers
- Genetic diagnostics etc.
The individual treatment program is set up after the precise diagnosis is put, including:
- Surgical treatment, i.e. full and partial resections, prosthesis installation, application of the da Vinci Surgical System and the Cyber-Knife System
- Biological therapy
- Hormone therapy
- Immunologic therapy
- Rehabilitation etc.
What is the cost for cancer treatment at Sheba Center of Oncology?
The prices for cancer treatment in Israel are much lower than in Europe or the USA, while the treatment efficiency and service level can be even higher.
The foreign patients can be treated in Sheba Hospital without any agents by virtue of Bookimed service. The treatment program is developed for each patient individually as you can order the treatment program including the exact pricing now!
Rambam Oncological Center is recognized as one of the leaders in Israel. A special feature of the center is the applying of the radiotherapy technologies and radioactive iodine in treatment. Treatment of patients is held outpatiently and inpatiently. Due to the close cooperation with leading European and US centers of cancer treatment, Rambam Center is introduced the most advanced and innovative technologies and equipment for cancer treatment from the best clinics in the world. Among them are the radio- and beam-therapy, brachytherapy, chemotherapy.
Cancer Center "Davidoff" of Rabin Medical Center is the largest oncology clinic in Israel and the entire Middle East. Every fifth of Israeli citizens gets an aid of the cancer treatment here. The center treats patients with all types of cancer and hematological diseases (leukemia, osteomyelosclerosis, anemia, leukocytosis, and others). The Center includes the departments of radiation therapy, chemotherapy, integrative medicine, palliative therapy and dietology. Center operates with the following cutting-edge techniques for treatment: SBRT, IMRT, IGRT, Rapid Arc., SIRT.