Most experienced German bariatric surgeon
St. Martinus-Krankenhaus is one of the two German clinics that have IFSO (International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and metabolic disorders) accreditation. IFSO is the most prestigious association in bariatric and metabolic surgery.
St. Martinus clinic got a lot of medical awards and prizes, for example: Top Mediziner Focus 2016 and 2014. This medical center has "Kompetenz-Zentrum fur Adipositachirurgie" title, that is assigned only to the best clinics in this area.
Head of bariatric surgery department in clinic is dr. Matthias Schlensak. He was recognized as the best german bariatric surgeon in 2013 and 2016 by the "Focus" magazine.
International patients are treated by the leader of Focus magazine’s rate Prof. Thomas Kraus.
Thomas Kraus is a three-time winner of the prestigious medical prize Top Mediziner (Focus) in 2016 and a double winner in 2015.
Why is the Asklepios Clinic one of the best medical facilities for the surgery of obesity?
Titles and awards:
1) Referenzzentrum fur Adipositaschirurgie.
The Center received this award after completing the following requirements:
- the Clinic performs over 100 surgeries per year;
- a training base for the surgeons from other hospitals;
- active researches and publications;
- a multidisciplinary team (surgeons, dietitians, endocrinologists, psychological support);
- the use of non-surgical therapeutic techniques (the choice of proper nutrition, personal coach, medication treatment).
2) Asklepios is listed among the best hospitals in Germany, Austria and Switzerland according to the international clinic guide - Leading Medicine.
Who leads and operates on international patients?
Foreign visitors are seen and operated on personally by Prof. Thomas Kraus – the Head of the Department of Surgery. Two years in a row he is recognized one of the leading visceral surgeons and metabolic surgery specialists (weight loss). Dr. Kraus is also rated among the best physicians in LeadingMedicine.
Which types of surgeries are performed in the Hospital?
- gastric banding;
- sleeve surgery;
- gastric bypass.