- The Bariatrics Department of Sachsenhausen Surgery Clinic is a leading facility for bariatric surgery in Germany and one of the top weight loss surgery centers in Europe. Gastroenterologists of the clinic are among the best ones in Germany according to the Focus magazine ranking.
- Over 500 bariatric surgeries are carried out here annually. Specialists carry out minimally invasive methods in the most of cases. 90% of bariatric operations are conducted with low traumatic techniques.
- A patient should arrive at the Sachsenhausen Bariatric Treatment Center 2 days before the operation. Before weight reduction procedure, a patient has to undergo complete diagnostics. The examination program includes consultation with a gastroenterologist, electrocardiography, pulmonary function test, BMI (body mass index) identification.
- The Anadolu Weight Loss Surgery Department specializes in the treatment of obesity. It is one of the best facility for weight loss surgery in Turkey.
- Surgeons perform sleeve gastrectomy, gastric banding, and bypass operations. For each patient, the dietologists develop a post-operative nutrition plan. It increases the effectiveness of the surgical intervention.
- Anadolu is the most popular clinic in Turkey with international patients. It is among Top 10 medical centers for medical tourists according to the Medical Travel Quality Alliance (MTQUA), a global organization that promotes health care quality in medical facilities worldwide.
Professor Tvaruzek, head of st. Zdislava surgery department performed more than 1500 sleeve gastroplasty operations. All operations are performed with Da Vinci robotic system. Sleeve gastroplasty average execution time is 30 min (average time in Europe is 60 min). Lenght of stay is usually 2-5 days, depending on patients' health.
The medical center offers obesity treatments from $7000. The treatment cost depends on procedures required and condition complexity. The average hospital ranking 4.7 according to 28 patient reviews. This hospital is typically chosen by patients from Germany and Ukraine. The travel arrangement takes 5 days. The medical center provides a patient with free airport-clinic transfer, free clinic-airport transfer and translator. Submit a request on Bookimed website and get the obesity treatment cost in Czech Republic and other countries.
Obesity surgical treatment is carried out at Sourasky (Ichilov) Internal Medicine Division. The Hospital is included in the top list of weight loss surgery centers. Absorption and Nutrition Laboratories work on the basis of the Hospital. In the labs, Ichilov specialists research the new effective therapy methods of morbid obesity.
Sourasky doctors treat patients according to multidisciplinary programs. They include nutritional diagnostics, physical activity, drugs prescription (if needed), and bariatric surgery. The method of stomach reduction is determined according to patient’s preferences. Gastric balloon is the most common metabolic operation performed at Ichilov Bariatric Treatment Center.
The cost of obesity diagnostics at Sourasky Medical Center starts from $1100. The medical center offers obesity treatments from $17000 to $20000. The treatment cost depends on procedures required and condition complexity. The average hospital ranking 4.4 according to 101 patient reviews. This hospital is typically chosen by patients from Russian Federation. The travel arrangement takes 2 days. The medical center provides a patient with free airport-clinic transfer, paid clinic-airport transfer and translator. Submit a request on Bookimed website and get the obesity treatment cost in Israel and other countries.
- Bumrungrad Surgical Center provides one of the best medical solutions for weight loss in Thailand — laparoscopic bariatric surgery. The procedure is minimally invasive. The stomach volume is reduced after the operation. A patient eats food in small portions that helps to lose weight.
- Doctors carry out laparoscopic gastric sleeve, bypass and bandaging as the best treatment methods for weight loss surgery in Thailand. A surgeon determines the exact metabolic procedure technique after the patient’s complete diagnostics.
- The bariatric surgery in Thailand cost depends on a patient’s health status and chosen therapy method. Bumrungrad physicians offer 2-3 times lower prices for bariatric procedures than in Europe, the USA or the Middle East.
How much does obesity treatment cost ?
|Gastric band||$6400 - $14100|
|Gastric bypass||$5500 - $25000|
|Tummy Tuck||$3900 - $18000|
|Da Vinci Robotic System||$13300 - $30000|
|Gastric balloon||$4200 - $6250|
|Sleeve gastrectomy||$4450 - $25000|
Doctors calculate the cost of obesity treatment individually for each patient. The price depends on the disease type, complications (if any), hospital's reputation, and doctor's experience. You may get the final obesity treatment cost only after complete diagnostics and consultation with a doctor.
88 clinics are represented in the ranking. According to their data, the approximate obesity treatment cost is:
- The average cost of the consultation is $200. The lowest price is $20 and the highest — $810.
- The average cost of obesity diagnostics is $1100.
- The average treatment price is $10600. The lowest price is $5550 and the highest — $25000.
- Medipol Hospital is among the best weight loss surgical centers in Turkey. Bariatric surgery is performed at the Morbid Obesity Endocrine Surgery Unit with 95% success rate.
- A multidisciplinary medical team provides the obesity treatment at the center. It is consists of dietician, surgeon, chest diseases expert, cardiologist, and physiatrist (if needed).
- Medipol doctors recommend stomach reduction procedure for obese people with BMI (body mass index) over 35. Bariatric specialists conduct tube stomach and gastric bypass metabolic procedures with the laparoscopic method. The procedures are minimally invasive and cause the least trauma in the body.
- The endoscopic gastric balloon is carried out at the Weight Loss Surgery Center to treat severe stages of obesity and related disorders (diabetes, high blood pressure, etc.).
Teknon specialists perform bariatric surgeries at the Excess Weight and Obesity Unit. The surgical method at Teknon Weight Loss Surgical Center is determined in each particular case according to patient’s features and preferences. Patients lose an average 32% of weight in the first 6 months.
Diagnostics is obligatory before the therapy. Complete screening includes BMI (body mass index) calculating, investigations of the risk factors, eating habits, psychological profile, and age.
Centro Medico Teknon is one of the best hospitals for weight loss surgery in Spain and Europe due to JCI (Joint Commission International) accreditation. It guarantees that Teknon doctors perform high-quality procedures and maintain patients’ safety during the surgeries.
- Weight loss surgery is performed at LIV Hospital Obesity Center, one of the best clinics for bariatric surgery abroad. The clinic is considered the Center of Excellence in bariatric surgery. 20% is the weight loss rate for the patients in the 1st month after the surgery, 37% — in the 2nd month, 54% — in the 6th month, and 71% — in 1 year after the operation.
- LIV specialists conduct sleeve gastrectomy and gastric bypass for obese patients management. To achieve better results of bariatric procedures, doctors apply the laparoscopic technique. Operations are carried out through small-sized incisions. It helps to obtain better esthetic results and avoid side effects (bleeding, leakage).
- LIV bariatric doctors offer the reasonable weight loss surgery prices. The cost here is 2-3 times cheaper than in German or Israeli hospitals.
The medical center offers obesity treatments from $12000 to $14500. The treatment cost depends on procedures required and condition complexity. The average hospital ranking 4.6 according to 74 patient reviews. The travel arrangement takes 4 days. The medical center provides a patient with translator, free airport-clinic transfer and free clinic-airport transfer. Submit a request on Bookimed website and get the obesity treatment cost in Turkey and other countries.
- Asklepios Hospital Barmbek is among the most visited facilities for bariatric surgery in Germany. Doctors perform more than 100 obesity operation each year.
- The hospital is well-known in the country due to highly-skilled medical staff. Dr. Thomas Carus is one of the best bariatric surgeons in Germany according to Focus magazine. Prof. Carus is a member of the Society for Abdominal Microsurgery and cooperates with international weight loss doctors.
- Asklepios Barmbek specialists carry out the effective bariatric surgery in Germany. A multidisciplinary team which includes surgeons, nutritionists, endocrinologists, psychological support helps overweight patients to get rid of excess fat.
Memorial Şişli Hospital in Istanbul is the largest multidisciplinary medical center in Istanbul. It is the 1st hospital in Turkeу and the 21st in the world accredited by Joint Commission International (JCI) for the high quality of treatment.
Memorial Şişli specialties are the following: oncology, bone marrow transplant, in vitro fertilization (IVF), neurosurgery, and organ transplant. The success rate of organ transplant at Memorial is 90%.
Patients from 92 countries choose Memorial Şişli for treatment annually.
Nordwest Krankenhaus is a multi specialized medical institution, a leading hospital in Germany due to development of innovations, such as 3D ultrasound, anticancer vaccines in targeted therapy. It comprises 5 research institutes and 11 specialized centers.
Helios Berlin-Buch is the largest and modern hospital in the capital of Germany.
It is included in the best German centers list in 2018 according to the Focus magazine ranking.
94% of patients recommend Helios Berlin-Buch for diagnostics and treatment.
Key specialties of the hospital are oncology and surgical oncology, orthopedics, neurosurgery, and obesity treatment.
Ospedale San Raffaele in Milan is one of the largest research hospitals in Europe. It applies exclusive methods for rare immune system and genetic diseases treatment.
Among its achievements — the world's first stem cell therapy for patients with severe combined immune deficiency disorder.
Oncology, oncohematology, neurosurgery, cardiac surgery, and gynecology are the strongest specialities here.
Surgeons of the medical center perform over 50,000 operations annually.
The medical center offers obesity treatments from $10000. The treatment cost depends on procedures required and condition complexity. The average hospital ranking 4.1 according to 17 patient reviews. The travel arrangement takes 5 days. The medical center provides a patient with paid airport-clinic transfer, paid clinic-airport transfer and translator. Submit a request on Bookimed website and get the obesity treatment cost in Italy and other countries.
Obesity and overweight are the diseases which demand treatment in all medical aspects. HM Hospitales’ team involves highly qualified specialists who support patients during the whole period of treatment (in some cases up to 2 years).
The patients receive:
- psychological support;
- counselling on physical exertion;
- the team of nutrition specialists and endocrinologists who develop healthy eating habits.
Techniques used in the Clinic:Intragastric balloon
This is an effective procedure which doesn’t require surgical invasion. The balloon is inserted endoscopically through the mouth without irritating the lining and creating scars.
It is filled with saline solution and is fixed in the stomach. It promotes consuming less food and accelerates the feeling of fullness. This is the simplest way of losing weight.
Gastric balloon is completely safe and doesn’t demand the lasting hospitalization. A patient can return home the same day.Endoscopic stomach reduction: Apollo and POSE methods
This type of stomach reduction is carried out through the patient’s mouth that is safer than the surgical intervention. The Apollo endoscopic revision results in the decrease of the stomach volume creating a sense of fullness.
The main advantage of the intra-oral manipulation is that patients may return to their everyday life in 24 hours after the procedure. Apollo and POSE methods don’t leave scars and are less risky comparing to other radical therapies.Swallowing balloon capsule
This method contributes to the diet efficiency and will be suitable for people with overweight of 10 kg.
A patient swallows a balloon which increases in size after reaching the stomach. The procedure doesn’t need endoscopy (only for the extraction). Comparing to the traditional intragastric balloon this one is smaller and needs twice less time to be inside. All these things make the treatment easier.
The Department of Weight Loss Surgery in Kardiolita Hospital (Vilnius, Lithuania) specializes in bariatric surgery.
Surgeons perform sleeve resection, plication, bandaging, and gastric bypass surgery.
Specialists carry out the procedures using laparoscopic method through the incisions up to 2 cm. Recovery after laparoscopic surgery is faster than after traditional open one.
100% of patients are satisfied with the results of treatment.
The medical center offers obesity treatments from $5550 to $6700. The treatment cost depends on procedures required and condition complexity. The average hospital ranking 4.4 according to 38 patient reviews. This hospital is typically chosen by patients from United Kingdom. The travel arrangement takes 3 days. The medical center provides a patient with free airport-clinic transfer, free clinic-airport transfer and translator. Submit a request on Bookimed website and get the obesity treatment cost in Lithuania and other countries.
Memorial Hospital Bahçelievler (Memorial Bahçelievler Hastanesi) is a multidisciplinary medical center in Istanbul with an eco-friendly design. There are a lot of green areas on the hospital territory, which contribute to patients’ psychological comfort and their speedy recovery.
The medical facility specializes in cardiovascular surgery, orthopedics, urology, gynecology, general and robotic surgery.
Hospital Sant Joan de Déu (Barcelona, Spain) accepts children for treatment from the infant age to 21. The Hospital belongs to Top-5 medical institutions in Europe and is recognized as the most authoritative one in the field of pediatric oncology treatment. The Center has its own Laboratory for Molecular Medicine where innovative therapeutic methods are developed.
Zulekha Hospital Dubai is a private multidisciplinary medical facility that is a part of Zulekha Healthcare Group. The Hospital specializes in cardiology and heart surgery, minimally invasive surgery, orthopedics, gynecology, and childbirth.
JCI certificate and Dubai Quality Award prove the high quality of medical services of the Hospital.
International patients from Germany, India, Pakistan, and Nigeria choose this Clinic.
The medical center offers obesity treatments from $6850. The treatment cost depends on procedures required and condition complexity. The average hospital ranking 3.8 according to 8 patient reviews. Submit a request on Bookimed website and get the obesity treatment cost in United Arab Emirates and other countries.
Vienna General Hospital (AKH) is one of the most innovative clinics in Europe. It has a long 300-year history. Vienna Medical Clinic includes over 42 university hospitals and institutes, 6 own laboratories, 10,000 employees of staff. AKH Vienna Hospital in Austria guarantees high standards and innovative technologies in all fields of medicine. Vienna Hospital is “a city in a city” with specialized medical centers, shops, restaurants and branches of a bank.
Severance Hospital in Korea is an international multidisciplinary clinic at Yonsei University, located in Seoul South Korea. Yonsei Severance Hospital's Health System includes: oncology and rehabilitation centers, pediatric and women's clinics, cardiovascular center and Clinic of Ophthalmology and Otolaryngology. The Hospital has been certified by JCI (Joint Commission International) and serves 1.6 million outpatients annually.