Most experienced German bariatric surgeon
St. Martinus-Krankenhaus is one of the two German clinics that have IFSO (International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and metabolic disorders) accreditation. IFSO is the most prestigious association in bariatric and metabolic surgery.
St. Martinus clinic got a lot of medical awards and prizes, for example: Top Mediziner Focus 2016 and 2014. This medical center has "Kompetenz-Zentrum fur Adipositachirurgie" title, that is assigned only to the best clinics in this area.
Head of bariatric surgery department in clinic is dr. Matthias Schlensak. He was recognized as the best german bariatric surgeon in 2013 and 2016 by the "Focus" magazine.
Comprehensive bariatric program "Permanent weight loss"
There is a special department in LIV Hospital called "Obesity clinic". LIV doctors developed special multidisciplinary program that guarantees up to 70% weight loss. The expected effect comes in 6-18 months, depending on patient's individual conditions.
Head of "Obesity clinic" is dr. Hasan Altun — experienced turkish surgeon, author of many surgical guides and tutorials.
Robotic sleeve gastroplasty (Da Vinci system)
Professor Tvaruzek, head of st. Zdislava surgery department performed more than 1500 sleeve gastroplasty operations. All operations are performed with Da Vinci robotic system. Sleeve gastroplasty average execution time is 30 min (average time in Europe is 60 min). Lenght of stay is usually 2-5 days, depending on patients' health.
Thanks for you to made this meeting possible and thanks to him to made time for me.
Thaks for your help in advance.
International patients are treated by the leader of Focus magazine’s rate Prof. Thomas Kraus.
Thomas Kraus is a three-time winner of the prestigious medical prize Top Mediziner (Focus) in 2016 and a double winner in 2015.
Why is the Asklepios Clinic one of the best medical facilities for the surgery of obesity?
Titles and awards:
1) Referenzzentrum fur Adipositaschirurgie.
The Center received this award after completing the following requirements:
- the Clinic performs over 100 surgeries per year;
- a training base for the surgeons from other hospitals;
- active researches and publications;
- a multidisciplinary team (surgeons, dietitians, endocrinologists, psychological support);
- the use of non-surgical therapeutic techniques (the choice of proper nutrition, personal coach, medication treatment).
2) Asklepios is listed among the best hospitals in Germany, Austria and Switzerland according to the international clinic guide - Leading Medicine.
Who leads and operates on international patients?
Foreign visitors are seen and operated on personally by Prof. Thomas Kraus – the Head of the Department of Surgery. Two years in a row he is recognized one of the leading visceral surgeons and metabolic surgery specialists (weight loss). Dr. Kraus is also rated among the best physicians in LeadingMedicine.
Which types of surgeries are performed in the Hospital?
- gastric banding;
- sleeve surgery;
- gastric bypass.
The National Institute for the treatment of Obesity works on the basis of the Clinic
Physicians of Sant’Ambrogio Clinic apply a complex approach to the treatment of obesity: all patients are checked by psychologists, dietitians and endocrinologists. If the body mass index significantly exceeds its critical level – surgical invasion will be the most suitable therapeutic method.
Profile diseases of NITO
Alimentary and morbid obesity;
Types of surgeries performed in NITO
- Laparoscopic gastric banding;
- Gastric bypass surgery;
- Vertical sleeve gastrectomy;
Duration of hospitalization for surgical treatment
The duration of hospital care for bariatric surgeries may vary depending on the general body condition and possible complications. The approximate terms of hospitalization are the following:
- Laparoscopic gastric banding – 6 days;
- Gastric sleeve surgery (vertical gastrectomy) – 6 days;
- Gastric bypass – 6 days.
Cost of bariatric surgeries in Sant’Ambrogio Clinic
- Gastric sleeve resection - €9,000;
- Gastric bypass - €9,000;
- Gastric banding - €9,000.
National Institute for the Treatment of Obesity is prime Italian establishment in weight loss surgery area. Surgery isn't the only method of treating, Sant'Ambrogio uses many techniques: there are many qualified doctors, who engaged in the treatment of excess weight: psychologists, endocrinologists and nutritionists. Surgery is only used when other methods aren't working or not indicated because of individual reasons.
Head of National Institute for the Treatment of obesity is prof. Alessandro Giovanelli — surgeon with 25 years of experience.
Weight-loss surgeries are performed by the Head of the European Association for the Study of Obesity
- Types of weight-loss surgeries performed in CELT Clinic
- Cost of surgical treatment of obesity in CELT Clinic
- What is included in the cost of surgeries?
CELT Clinic has a special Weight loss Surgery Service. It is headed by Pr. Yuriy Yashkov – the member of the International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity (IFSO). Overweight is a versatile problem that’s why the Service involves dietitians and endocrinologists as well.
Profiled diseases of weight loss surgery in Celt Clinic
- Different types of obesity;
- Type 2 diabetes;
- Metabolic disorders including lipid metabolism disorders;
- Post-weight loss cosmetic defects;
Types of weight loss surgeries performed in CELT Clinic
- Laparoscopic gastric banding;
- Gastric bypass;
- Vertical gastrectomy;
- Biliopancreatic diversion with/without stomach resection;
- Plastic surgery after weight loss.
What is the hospitalization time for surgical invasions?
The duration of hospitalization may differ depending on the general body condition and complications. Here are the average terms of inpatient stay after some types of surgeries:
- Gastric balloon procedure – 1 day;
- Balloon remowal – 3-4 hours;
- Gatric banding – 2 days;
- Gastric sleeve surgery (vertical gastrectomy) – 5 days;
- Gastric bypass – 6 days;
- Plastic surgeries – 3-7 days.
Cost of surgical treatment of obesity in CELT Clinic
- Bilipancreatic diversion (with or without stomach resection) - $1,950-$3,650;
- Sleeve (vertical) gastrectomy (without sewing) - $2,400-$3,300;
- Gastric bypass (without sewing) - $2,750-$3,700;
- Gastric balloon insertion (without the balloon cost) - $1,000.
What is included in the cost of surgeries?
The cost of surgeries in CELT Clinic covers:
- Surgeon and anesthesiologist counselling;
- Medical supplies (except in certain cases);
- Inpatient hospital care (meals, care, medical staff control);
- Histologic examination (if necessary).