Clinics in Prague
Overall rating by
Malvazinky Hospital is one of the best hospitals in Europe in the field of orthopedic treatment and rehabilitation. The Clinic is popular for high quality healthcare services and 50% lower prices than in other European countries. Over 1,200 orthopedic surgeries...
Chief Ortophaedist, Orthopedic Surgeon, Specialist in Hip and Knee Replacements
Malvazinky Hospital is one of the best hospitals in Europe in the field of orthopedic treatment and rehabilitation. The Clinic is popular for high quality healthcare services and 50% lower prices than in other European countries. Over 1,200 orthopedic surgeries are performed in the Hospital annually. The success rate of the operations is 95%. World-renowned sportsmen undergo the treatment and rehabilitation in Malvazinky Hospital.
The Proton Therapy Center Prague is the largest сenter for proton beam therapy in Europe receiving foreigners from all over the world. The Center is specialized in the most advanced method of cancer treatment - proton beam therapy - using state-of-the-art technologies and international standar...
I was impressed by the futuristic technologies and that the procedure was painless. Each member of my treating team was kind and did their best to make me feel comfortable. Thank you a lot!...
The Proton Therapy Center Prague is the largest сenter for proton beam therapy in Europe receiving foreigners from all over the world. The Center is specialized in the most advanced method of cancer treatment - proton beam therapy - using state-of-the-art technologies and international standards.
Clinic Lazurit is modern dental clinic, located in Prague, which offers a wide range of dental services, has a unique advanced equipment and highly qualified staff.
Treatment in the Czech Republic
Treatment in the Czech Republic is popular among the citizens of the CIS, Great Britain, the USA and the UAE by virtue of the opportunity to get one of the best European medical treatments for reasonable prices. Thousands of surgeries on joints transplantation, various kinds of IVF, comprehensive diagnostics (i.e. check-up), and modern robot-assisted surgeries are held in the Czech Republic.
The medical institutions are accredited according to the requirements of the EU hospitals; the staff possess the required qualification and experience.
- Modern implants are produced 2-3 times cheaper than the analogues;
- Almost all the doctors and nursing staff speak Russian;
- Central European Center for Arthroscopy is located here, providing the joint microsurgeries;
- The most efficient methods of the surgical treatment of scoliosis are developed;
- Affordable microsurgery by the da Vinci Surgical System.
Peculiarities of the medicine in the Czech Republic
- The country is one of the leaders on endoprosthesis replacement of major joints in Europe. Czech orthopedists dealt with that during the times of the USSR;
- Qualitative and convenient orthopedic footwear is produced for children. A lot of patients go to the Czech Republic to treat the pathologies and recover the locomotor system of the infants and teenagers;
- Individual rehabilitation programs;
- Affordable prices for all kinds of treatment and rehabilitation activities.
Kinds of medical centers in the Czech Republic
There are private and public medical centers. The financial support of the public hospitals is not significant according to EU standards; however, the equipment of the hospitals and the quality of the services provided are considerably higher than in the CIS states. The prices are reasonable, as the cost of the medical staff labor is relatively low in the Czech Republic.
The narrow specialized private medical centers perform the great indicators, i.e. cardiology, neurology, IVF and diagnostics. The country has a chain of the centers for rehabilitation and sanatorium-and-spa resorts. Unlike Israel or Germany, the patient can afford both the treatment course and the full rehabilitation here.
How the foreigner is to be treated in the Czech Republic?
- Select the medical centers considering the disease profile. International Patients Support Center would assist you to do this free-of-charge.
- Contact the medical center or the sanatorium in the Czech Republic. It is easy to do as the majority of the Czechs speak Russian fluently.
- Make the tourist visa to the Czech Republic for 90 days.
If a disabled child is considered to be treated, the visas for the patient and the assisting person are issued free-of-charge by submitting the certificate at the consulate.
Main fields of the treatment in the Czech Republic
- Orthopedics/traumatology, i.e. endoprosthesis replacement of major joints, such as shoulder, hip and knee joints. Arthroscopic operations including the recovery of the cruciate ligament are widely used;
- Gynecology, i.e. infertility treatment, all kinds of artificial insemination, such as IVF, IMSI, GIFT, ZIFT, ICI and ICSI;
- Cardiologic surgery, i.e. valve and cardiac pacemakers implantation;
- Neurosurgery, i.e. hydrocephaly surgical correction, grafting, stenting, and treatment of demyelinating processes. Pediatric neurosurgery is well developed in the Czech Republic.
In addition to the travel passport and the visa application form one needs the medical insurance valid all over the Schengen zone of the minimal insurance sum of 30,000 EUR.
The insurance must to be printed out and sealed. The insurance blank filled out by handwriting is not accepted.
Besides that, a booking confirmation should be provided (fax). It is important that fax confirmation has a clear imprint of the stamp and a clear signature of the booking department representative.
Those who travel by car should provide the insurance for the vehicle (green card) as well as the registration documents and driving license.
The prices for accommodation are various, e.g. rent of a studio apartment per month would cost 200-600 USD.
Advantages of the treatment in the Czech Republic
Disadvantages of the treatment in the Czech Republic
Cost for treatment in the Czech Republic
The price for the treatment and rehabilitation in the Czech Republic is more affordable than in the other countries of the EU, Turkey, Israel or the USA:
- The salaries of the medical staff of the public institutions are low in comparison with the prices in Europe, which limits the prices even at the brand new private medical centers
- The prices for the services of orthopedists are reasonable as the medical centers benefit from the flow of patients from the CIS states and the EU, i.e. endoprosthesis replacement is the key activity of Czech medicine
- There is no polypharmacy. The affordability of the medical services is followed by no unjustified appointments, decreasing the treatment costs significantly
- No expenses for translators. The epicrisis stating the results of the treatment is issued both in Czech and in Russian. The data is archived, so it can be restored anytime
- Bookimed provides the revision of the bill from the medical center free-of-charge; hence, you avoid the agent fees by cooperating with us
Review: hip replacement
We were recommended the replacement in Germany for about 15-20,000 EUR. My colleague told that the Czech Republic would be cheaper.
I contacted the medical center by myself and received the prices. All the procedures including the diagnostics cost 2 times cheaper.
After arriving we immediately noticed that the medical center was modern, the nurse and the doctor spoke Russian and the meals were quite good. It came out after the surgery that we could use the implant of Czech production, which would have been even cheaper.
My mom stood up on the second day after the surgery, and started walking in a week assisted by the walking stick.
Dmitriy, Kryvyi Rih, Ukraine
Nemocnice Na Homoloce is a multidisciplinary Hospital of state ownership in Prague. The Clinic is considered as one of the main medical institutions in the country. Cardiovascular diseases, brain disorders and neurosurgery are the main specializations. Na Homolce Hospital actively prefers minimally invasive and robotic methods of treatment.
Motol University Hospital is the largest medical center in the Czech Republic. It consists of over 30 specialized departments. The best doctors of the Czech Republic work here ㄧ they take top positions in the ratings of scholar Czech medical journals. The success rates for treatment of oncologi...
Head of Surgical Department
Motol University Hospital is the largest medical center in the Czech Republic. It consists of over 30 specialized departments. The best doctors of the Czech Republic work here ㄧ they take top positions in the ratings of scholar Czech medical journals. The success rates for treatment of oncological and neurosurgical pathologies here are 78% and 89% correspondingly. They are the highest indexes in the country.
Private Ophthalmology Clinic of MD Jan Lestak specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of ophthalmological diseases. It is offering a variety of procedures from cataract and laser eye surgery to vision examinations with the help of non-invasive methods.
OB Clinic is a top international surgical clinic located in Prague. It specializes in the treatment of obesity, metabolic disorders and aesthetic defects. It has innovative operating theatres and emergency wards. The Clinic has ISO 9001:2000 and Trusted Clinic certificates.
Perfect Clinic is a prestigious medical institution with a specialization in Aesthetic and Plastic Surgery. Now it has 3 Centers in different parts of the country. The team of 7 experienced surgeons provides counseling and performs ambulatory treatment without hospitalization. Another field of Clinic’s competence is Vascular Surgery with the use of laser technologies. This Center is very popular among patients from different countries.
Institute of Clinical and Experimental Medicine (IKEM) is the largest medical institute for science and research in the Czech Republic. It focuses on treatment of cardiovascular diseases, metabolism disorders, diabetology, organ transplants. IKEM id managed by Ministry of Health of the Czech Republic.
Thanks for your question
You will receive an email about the reply