A choice of a not relevant neurological center leads to a death. Because untimely, improper diagnostic and treatment sentence people with neurological conditions.
Bookimed ranked 10 top neurology facilities to make sure you’ll get a proper care. The list includes top pediatric neurology hospital and the center for neurorehabilitation.
These medical facilities are ready to accept all neurological cases, provide treatment conforming to the international standards, apply the latest developments in neurology and have advanced equipment. And we’ll help you find the right solution.
Neurological disorders remain one of the leading health challenges globally affecting 1 billion people and No.1 reason of disability in the world, WHO reports. In other words, one sixth has a neuro disorder. 12% of them can die. Don’t be one of them. Choose the hospital proper for you.
Read on to find what are:
- Best neurology hospitals in Europe
- Top neurology hospitals in Asia
- Best neuro hospitals in the Middle East
- Best pediatric neurology hospital
- Best neurology center for rehabilitation
Best neurology hospitals in Europe
The center is a research unit of HM Hospitales Group — one of the leading medical institutions in Spain.
CINAC (Centro Integral de Neurociencias) is among best neurology hospitals in the world. It provides study and treatment of neurodegenerative, neurofunctional and mental disorders.
Advanced CINAC equipment by the world's technology leaders ensures the detailed and accurate diagnostics possible.
Here is as a multimodal PET/MRI* scan by Siemens — it’s the 1st system in the world integrating a molecular MRI of the body with data obtaining.
Professor José Angel Obeso heads the center.
Has written over 300 scientific papers. The majority is devoted to the study of Parkinson’s origin and the physiopathology of the ganglia.
He gathered best neurologists, neurosurgeons, neuropsychologists and neuroscientists in the center to provide clinical research and implement their results in treatment.
CINAC team makes individual treatment plans for each neurology patient and applies the efficient medical schemes and latest techniques.
Among them are DBS (deep brain stimulation), TMS (transcranial magnetic stimulation), HIFU (high intensity focused ultrasound ablation) for patients with tremors and chronic pain.
You might be interested to read How much does DBS cost in 2019?
Neurology Clinic at Bremen-Mitte, Germany
Bremen-Mitte is a part of Gesundheit Nord Bremen, the largest medical institution in the Lower Saxony state. In 2016, the Focus magazine marked Bremen-Mitte as one of the best hospitals in Germany. Every year over 40,000 patients visit the hospital for treatment.
The German Stroke Society certified the Bremen Stroke Unit for compliance with European medical standards.
Bremen-Mitte neurologists accept patients of different age and conditions, considering even apallic syndrome cases.
Together with neurophysiologists, neurosurgeons, and neuroradiologists they work out treatment plans. After the treatment, a patient can undergo rehabilitation in the specialized department.
Little patients with cerebral palsy, brain malformations, consciousness and motor disorders, genetic problems are treated by neuropediatricians and neuropsychologists in the Pediatric Neurology Unit.
The unit treats over 2,000 stroke patients per year.
To learn more about neurology treatment at Bremen-Mitte, contact Bookimed manager today.
The center is one among the best neurology centers in Austria and Europe. Döbling receives both children and adults with the disorders of the central, peripheral and autonomic nervous systems, muscle diseases.
Doctors use modern techniques of diagnostics as EEG, EMG, NLG, MRI, CT*. They allow monitoring your condition continuously and find out the cause of the disease. Correct diagnosis is the key factor for successful treatment.
The hospital is a part of the PremiQaMed Group — a leading private medical provider in Austria since 1991. Döbling Private Hospital is among the Globe’s Best Hospitals according to the Forbes ranking.
Approx. 14,000 patients (which is equivalent to half population of Iceland) choose the hospital per year. According to the hospital’s data, 96% of patients are satisfied with the medical services received.
The quality of medical services is proven by international standard ISO 9001. The Austrian Quality Mark recognizes Döbling Private Hospital as the best institution for health tourism in Austria.
Top neurology hospitals in Asia
Bumrungrad International Hospital is one of Top 10 world’s hospitals. Around 1 mln patients from 190 countries visit the hospital to get the treatment.
The Neuroscience Center serves patients with epilepsy, Parkinson’s disease, movement disorders, stroke, spinal and brain injuries, Alzheimer’s disease, dementia, headaches.
According to the patient’s case, he/she is referred to the experts of the Neurology Department, specialized Stroke Clinic, Parkinson's and Movement Disorders Clinic or Memory Clinic.
Neuroscience Center medical team consists of 25 neurologists and neurosurgeons. Doctors have international experience and education in best US, UK, and Canadian medical institutions.
They cooperate closely with the Rehabilitation Center to ensure a patient has a complete follow-up and after treatment care.
Among advanced rehab techniques applied, there is Robotic Gait Training Technology. The system helps patients with spine and brain injury, Parkinson’s disease, and stroke to train weakened muscles and improve the quality of life.
Bumrungrad International Hospital has numerous certificates for high-quality healthcare, including US-based Joint Commission International, Global Healthcare Accreditation, conformity to Norwegian Managing Infection Risk Standard and others.
Seoul National University Hospital (SNUH) is one of the largest medical facility in the country. Around 1,700 patients have treatments per day. The South Korean President has chosen SNUH for treatment.
The department has the following dedicated units: Movement Disorder Center, Stroke Unit, Epilepsy Monitoring Unit, Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Clinic where doctors provide treatment of the corresponded conditions.
The SNUH neurologists provide clinical research in cerebrovascular diseases, sleep disorders, behavioral and cognitive functions. They represent the country in international expert meetings.
BLK Hospital is one of the most extensive medical facilities in Delhi, the capital of India. It has a Joint Commission International Certificate and Gold Award at Hospital Management Asia (HMA) for high-quality diagnostic and treatments.
The Center for Neuroscience gathers best in India neurologists, neurosurgeons, and neuro-oncologists. And it is recognized as the Center of Excellence.
The center has subspecialized divisions:
- Stroke Unit
- Neuroendoscopy Unit
- NeuroSpine Unit
- Advanced Nonsurgical Aneurysm Treatment Unit
- Neurovascular cath lab — one among very few in the country.
The neuro team treats all types and severity of neurological disorders including epilepsy and dementia. They apply modern diagnostic tests like EEG, EMG, VEP*.
Best neuro hospitals in the Middle East
Liv Hospital is among top Turkish hospitals receiving over 331,000 patients per year.
The hospital has a JCI (Joint Commission International) and TÜV SÜD certificates confirming the high quality of the medical services.
Doctors focus on neuropathy management, treatment of tumors, muscle and neurological disorders, and motor dysfunction.
Special attention to the Alzheimer’s disease and all cases of memory loss is paid in the Memory Health Clinic, subdivision of the center.
If you have any headache, the specialists of the Headache Clinic will provide you with all possible types of diagnostic tests, i.e., MRI, MRS, MRA, MDCT and PET scan*.
The results of the tests will help to define the cause of your pain and find the solution. The diagnostics will also help to find the brain tumors accurately.
Sourasky Medical Center (Ichilov) is the largest medical facility in Israel treating over 1,6 mln patients per year.
The high quality and safety of services are confirmed by JCI — Joint Commission International. It is an American non-profit organization accrediting medical facilities which meet over 1,000 criteria of healthcare excellence.
The Neurology Department focuses on the treatment of stroke, multiple sclerosis, memory loss, and brain injury rehabilitation.
It has several specialized sub-departments:
- The Neurophysiology Unit receives patients with stroke, multiple sclerosis, epilepsy. Doctors provide innovative Laser Interstitial Thermal Therapy (LITT) of epilepsy according to the US technique. The last ablates the brain part responsible for epilepsy attack. It doesn’t require the skull opening and reduces recovery and hospital stay.
- The Encephalographic Studies where doctors provide an examination of brain diseases with CT, MRI, Doppler ultrasonography, EMG*.
- The Memory Unit accepts patients with amnesia and other memory disorders.
Best pediatric neurology hospital
Sant Joan De Déu Barcelona Children’s Hospital is No. 1 pediatric hospital in Europe for the number of patients served. Annually over 200,000 little patients visit the hospital for treatment.
The Ministry of Health, Consumption and Social Welfare of Spain has recognized the department as the Center of Reference (CSUR) for treatment of refractory epilepsy, movement disorders, neuromuscular and neuroectodermic disorders.
Sant Joan De Déu neurologists are among most experienced doctors in Europe. They provide 1,000+ consultations per year and treat around 100 children on in-patient basis.
The medical team provides 28 research and 14 clinical trials for neurology treatment. All the achievements can be put on the treatment process prompt.
The Epilepsy Unit also cooperates with the Pediatric Epilepsy Unit of the Lyon University Hospital (France), the largest in Europe. The cooperation makes it possible to interchange the best treatment practices.
The Pediatric Neurology Department receives children from infant age to young people up to 21 years old with the following neuro disorders:
- developmental impairment
- movement disorders
- neuro-infectological diseases
- neuro-immunological diseases
- muscular illnesses
- neuro-metabolic disorders
- problems with sleep.
Submit a request to get a detailed consultation on treatment in the best children's neurology hospital.
Best neurology center for rehabilitation
Neurocenter at Clinique Valmont, Switzerland
The hospital is specialized in neurological rehabilitation and restoring the patient’s main motor and cognitive functions.
Valmont team accepts patients with epilepsy, movement, sleep, cognitive, and memory disorders, degenerative brain and cerebellum diseases, traumatic brain injuries, chronic pain, after stroke and other neurological conditions.
The Neurocenter team consists of 30 specialists in neurosciences certified by the Swiss Medical Association.
They make each rehab program individually according to the patient’s needs. It can include occupational therapy, neuropsychological rehabilitation, speech&language therapy, application of the latest computer training programs as CogniPlus and RehaCom.
The clinic was found in 1905. During its long history, legend patients as Austrian poet Rainer Maria Rilke, a Brazilian inventor, and aviation pioneer Alberto Santos-Dumont, Belgian writer Georges Simenon, Swedish actress Ingrid Bergman, French fashion icon Coco Chanel and English comedian Charlie Chaplin stayed here for treatment and recreation.
The hospital is located at the Lake Geneva with a view on the Alps. The safe environment and ergonomically designed wards speed up the patients’ recovery.
How to choose top neurology hospitals?
Considering the hospitals for diagnostics or treatment, study the following:
- Narrow specialization. Pay attention whether a chosen hospital has a specialized department or division. For instance, the best choice for stroke patient treatment will be a Stroke Unit rather than in the Neurology Department in general. Such focused subdivisions are equipped with the required diagnostic and treatment technologies.
- Neurological team experience. When a medical team specializes in particular neurological conditions, it has vast experience in the treatment of these diseases.
- Rehabilitation programs. Neurological rehab is a crucial component for successful treatment. It should start as soon as possible after the diagnosis of a neurological disorder.
- Diagnostic methods. Read carefully what tests are provided in the hospital. Only accurate examination together with doctor’s experience allow making up an effective treatment plan.
- Clinics trials and studies. Top neuro hospitals provide research and can implement result in the treatment. Facilities where studies are provided open patients opportunities to take part in investigations.
*What advanced diagnostic tests are provided in the top neurology centers?
- EEG — Electroencephalography. It’s a test recording brain electrical activity. Small metal plates with wires are placed on the head, catch and send signals to the computer. Non-invasive. Helps to define brain problems.
- EMG — Electromyography. It’s a test evaluating the electrical activity of nerve cells controlling muscles work. Small sensors are put on the skin to check the ability of nerve cells to send electrical signals and evaluate them with needle electrodes inserted in the muscles. Helps to find neuromuscular abnormalities.
- ENoG — Electroneurography. It’s a diagnostic method of brief facial nerve stimulation to check the motor response. Non-invasive. Allows detecting Bell's palsy.
- MDCT — Multidetector computed tomography. It’s a type of patient scanning combining the computer and x-ray. Rotating X-ray tube helps to get multiple images. Non-invasive. Helps to see the location of an anomaly.
- MRA — Magnetic resonance angiography. It’s a diagnostic test evaluating blood vessels in the brain and neck. Radio waves and magnetic field create images on the computer. Non-invasive. No radiation applied. It is used to find atherosclerotic disease.
- MRI — Magnetic resonance imaging. It’s an imaging technique to create detailed computer pictures with magnets and low-energy radio waves. Non-invasive. No radiation. It is applied to find any abnormalities in internal body structures.
- MRS — Magnetic resonance spectroscopy. It’s a diagnostic test similar to MRI. Allows finding biochemical changes in brain and tissue changes in patients with epilepsy or stroke.
- PET — Positron emission tomography scan. It’s an imaging test aimed to measure blood flow and metabolic processes in the body with the help of radioactive materials in small amounts. Helps to detect the disease at its very beginning.
- VEP — Visual evoked potential. It’s a type of examination when wires placed on the head monitor and record brain waves. Non-invasive. Allows to measure changes in work of nerves.