- Methods of rehabilitation after spinal cord injuries
- Cost of rehab in KCM Hospital
Methods of rehabilitation after spinal cord injuries
- traditional therapeutic massage, lymphatic drainage massage, massaging devices (aquavibron);
- stabiliograph – a system which assists a patient in training the impaired body balance;
- Redcord suspension frame – a facility that allows to do physical exercises through partial unloading of a patient’s weight;
- FES – the stimulation of the weakened muscles using low-energy current;
- iontophoresis – a therapy which affects the muscles via charged particles;
- TENS unit – a machine for the treatment of morbid contractures;
- BIOPTRON light therapy helps to remove swelling and alleviate pain.
Cost of rehab in KMC Hospital
The cost of 24-hour inpatient care is approximately €160-190. This sum includes a transfer, meals and accommodation, and 4-5 procedures per day. The term of hospital stay depends on the disease severity and usually lasts from 7 days to 3 months.