National Institute of Oncology of Israel
Sourasky Hospital is the largest cancer center of Israel and Israeli National Institute of Oncology.
Sourasky State Hospital is the most respectful clinic of Israel for cancer treatment. Patients with kidney cancer are consulted by Head of the Urology Department Prof. Haim Matskin and Director of the Center of Laparoscopy Dr. Avi Barry.
Sourasky has over 80% kidney cancer treatment success rate. The Clinic also has Kidney Transplantation Center which has performed over 350 transplantations.
Urologist, Head of the Department of Urology
Urologist, Oncosurgeon, Director of the Center for Laparoscopic Surgery
Diagnostic examinations last up to 5 days.
Doctors provide fine needle aspiration biopsy under CT or ultrasound monitoring. If a patient has made a biopsy early, the glasses have to be taken to the Clinic. Sourasky specialists will revise them to make an accurate diagnosis.
Cancer cannot be diagnosed based only upon kidney ultrasound results. Stage 4 of the disease usually requires positron-emission tomography (PET-CT).
Little invasive operations are used for kidney tumor removal: laparoscopic, Da Vinci robotic-assisted surgery. The given price includes 5 days of hospital stay.
Immunotherapy, target and chemotherapy are usually applied at Stages 3, 4 of kidney cancer as palliative therapy and for metastases treatment.
All prices for kidney cancer treatment in Israel, Sourasky Clinic depend on performed procedures, volume of surgery and are to be developed in each case individually.
|Resection of tumor|
|Robotic surgery to remove tumors||32750 $|
|Nephrectomy||25800 - 33000 $|
|Chemotherapy||1500 - 2000 $|
Rambam Clinic has international status and is accredited as national hospital of Israeli defence forces, UN military forces and US naval forces.
Kidney cancer treatment is carried out by specialists of Department of Urology and Oncology of Joseph Fishman Oncology Center. The department is headed by leading urologist of Israel - professor Gilad Amiel. He specializes in robotic-assisted and laparoscopic kidney surgeries.
Rambam check-up complex for kidney cancer is divided into several stages. Each procedure helps to diagnose malignant tumor of kidney with maximum accuracy and to prescribe the correct treatment protocol.
Prescribed tests depend on the stage of disease, comorbidities and health condition of a patient. For precise diagnostic cost at Rambam prior to the trip, contact Bookimed Doctor-Coordinator.
Kidney cancer treatment at Rambam includes following procedures:
- tumor resection — organ-sparing surgery when a part of the kidney with tumor is removed;
- Da Vinci robotic-assisted surgery — minimally invasive surgery that does not require immense resection of tissues. Da Vinci system is used both for tumor resection and complete removal of kidney;
- radical nephrectomy — complete removal of kidney;
- pharmaceutical cancer therapy: chemotherapy, immune, target, system therapy for stages 3, 4 to treat metastases.
Treatment therapy is developed individually for each patient.
|Resection of tumor|
|Robotic surgery to remove tumors||23000 - 28500 $|
Private hospital with increased comfort level
Assuta Private Hospital is a large medical institution in Israel with increased comfort level. Patient is offered a comfortable single or double ward, stay of accompanying persons at the territory of the Hospital etc.
Kidney cancer diagnostics and treatment are controlled by Head of the Department of Surgical Urology - Professor Jack Baniel. He specializes in robotic-assisted and laparoscopic surgeries. Kidney cancer removal at Assuta is provided by oncosurgeon Avi Barry who also practices at Sourasky Medical Center.
Assuta doctors provide a complex diagnostics of oncology to confirm/deny the diagnosis. Kidney cancer cannot be diagnosed on the basis of ultrasound only. PET-CT is performed under prescription but does not give more detailed information than CT and MRI.
|Consultation of an urologist||720 $|
|Complete blood and urine tests||580 $|
|CT (computer tomography)||1050 $|
|PET-CT||1600 - 1900 $|
Assuta Hospital applies the following operations to treat kidney cancer:
- kidney resection — operation for removal of a part of kidney affected by tumor;
- radical nephrectomy — complete removal of the kidney.
Surgeries can be open (abdominal), laparoscopic or Da Vinci robotic-assisted. Robotized surgery decreases blood loss during the procedure and rehabilitation period after it.
Price for treatment of kidney cancer at Assuta depends on the number of diagnostic and surgical procedures. Prices below are given for reference. You can contact Bookimed Coordinator for accurate treatment price and peculiarities in Assuta Hospital.
|Resection of tumor|
|Robotic surgery to remove tumors||37000 $|
How is kidney cancer diagnosed in Israel?
Stage 1 of kidney cancer is usually asymptomatic. When disease progresses a patient experiences blood in urine, acute lumbar pain, feeling of heaviness in lower abdomen on the side, increase of temperature. The accurate diagnosis can be made only by profile specialist - urologist.
Before initiation of the treatment, Israeli doctors make complex examination for each patient. Kidney cancer diagnostics in Israel includes the following procedures:
- consultation of urologist, oncosurgeon, oncologist – primary examination of a patient, prescription of diagnostic plan and following treatment;
- expanded blood and urine tests;
- biopsy – to discover nature of tumor, establish an accurate diagnosis;
- ultrasound of urinary system, abdominal cavity organs – visualization of shape, size of kidneys and approximate location of cancer;
- computed tomography, MRI – to specify location of tumor, its size and presence of metastases.
Kidney cancer treatment options in Israel
- Partial nephrectomy or tumor resection. It is performed for stage 1 and local lesions within one lobe. Israeli doctors remove limited cancer using laparoscopic approach, that speeds up rehabilitation (decreased traumatism);
- Radical nephrectomy – affected kidney is removed under CT or ultrasound control using endoscopic method. It can be combined with lymphadenectomy and removal of other structures (stage 2B-3B);
- Cryoablation. Under ultrasound control, a doctor uses a special needle fоr freezing of lesions with liquid nitrogen;
- Radiofrequency ablation – beamed radiation destroys tumor (if it sizes up to 2 cm);
- Embolization of renal artery. The kidney is previously “deactivated” to prevent metastasizing and decrease a risk of bleeding during following nephrectomy;
- Chemotherapy (including target and thermal), beam therapy and immunotherapy are used to secure the result of surgical treatment, decrease tumor growth in non-operable patients; of disease and improve the patient’s quality of life.
Relapse prevention after kidney cancer treatment
First six months after the treatment a patient should regularly undergo examination of urologist - ultrasound (or CT) of kidneys, functional tests. Then a consultation and examination of a specialist are to be each six months.
Diagnostic and treatment costs for kidney cancer in Israel
Prices for diagnostics and kidney cancer treatment in Israel are developed in each case individually. Treatment program is prepared for each patient and includes different procedures depending on the course of disease. Oriented diagnostic and treatment prices for kidney cancer are given below.
- Steps of diagnostics of kidney cancer at Sheba Medical Center
- Principles of treatment of kidney cancer at the Chaim Sheba Medical Center
- Cost of kidney cancer treatment in Sheba
Why Sheba Clinic is recommended for the patients with kidney cancer
- effective schemes of chemotherapy and combined methods of renal cell carcinoma treatment are used and developed here. Sheba Hospital is a clinical base for Bar-Ilan University, Tel Aviv University and the Weizmann Institute of Science;
- renown oncologists, oncological urologists, chemotherapists, such as Prof. Jacob Ramon, Dr. Zvi Simon;
- Sheba Hospital is fitted with modern diagnostic equipment;
- there is a possibility to carry out kidney transplantations (if necessary).
Results of treatment of kidney cancer in Sheba
- the patients at the 1-3a stage are cured in 67% of cases;
- 5-year survival rate in 30% of patients at the stage 3B-4 stages is achieved;
- significantly relieving the condition of inoperable patients.
The moment of transition from 3A stage into 3B stage renal cell carcinoma is the key point. It is important to visit a doctor at the early stages.
Diagnostics of kidney cancer in Shiba
- examination by an urologist, consultation of an oncologist ;
- complete blood count, measuring the level of tumor markers;
- cystoscopy, urography;
- kidney ultrasound of the kidneys;
- MRI or CT of the corresponding part of the body;
- PET-CT (at suspicion on spreading disease);
- biopsy of the focus in the kidney under CT.
How kidney cancer in treated at Sheba Medical Center?
- endoscopic methods to remove the tumor, including sectoral resection of the affected portion of the kidney. It is applies at the 1st stage;
- total nephrectomy (kidney is removed with the lymph nodes). If both kidneys are affected, the patient is helped to choose a donor for transplantation;
- palliative surgeries (reconstruction of the urinary tract, removal of lymph nodes).They are necessary to improve the quality of life of the patients in severe health condition;
- chemotherapy, including targeted administration of cytostatics.
Prices for the diagnostics of kidney cancer in Sheba
- consultation of an oncological urologist $420;
- complete blood count $66;
- Abdominal ultrasound from $250;
- CT $280;
- MRI $980.
A list of examinations varies in regard to the stage of the disease, comorbidities and the objective condition of the patient ( it is determined by a doctor). You may clarify price of diagnostics in Sheba before the visit, to do this please visit the website of Bookimed (free support for the patients with oncological pathologies).
Clinic Cancer Center “Herzliya” has thirty years of experience. Center staff takes trainings and gets skills in the best medical centers in the world. Each patient throughout the treatment period is accompanied by a personal manager and translator. Center Department of Diagnostic works quickly and professionally - for the entire period of the department’s activity there was no single case of misdiagnosis. The main pathologies treated in Cancer Center Herzliya are: leukemia, Hodgkin's lymphoma, lymphoblastic leukemia, myeloma, carcinoid tumor, branchiogenic tumor, lung cancer, melanoma, brain cancer and other cancers.
Cancer Center "Davidoff" of Rabin Medical Center is the largest oncology clinic in Israel and the entire Middle East. Every fifth of Israeli citizens gets an aid of the cancer treatment here. The center treats patients with all types of cancer and hematological diseases (leukemia, osteomyelosclerosis, anemia, leukocytosis, and others). The Center includes the departments of radiation therapy, chemotherapy, integrative medicine, palliative therapy and dietology. Center operates with the following cutting-edge techniques for treatment: SBRT, IMRT, IGRT, Rapid Arc., SIRT.