- Teknon Hospital offers the most reasonable treatments for patients with epilepsy in Spain. 75% of Bookimed patients choose Teknon for seizures therapy annually.
- Before choosing a treatment, a patient should undergo a complete diagnostics for epilepsy foci detection. Prof. Antonio Russi, the best Spanish epileptologist, may carry out a complete examination on your request.
- The Professor conducts video EEG monitoring for several day to select a proper drug. During the examination, a patient takes drugs and a doctor monitors their effect on the seizures in real time.
- In 70% of cases, a patient undergoes medication therapy. In this case, the epilepsy treatment cost includes all necessary drugs and consultation with a Professor.
- 30% of people with epilepsy need to undergo surgery. The epilepsy surgery cost is determined according to the operation type and the disease foci only after the consultation with a neurosurgeon.
The Department of Neurology in the Medipol Clinic (Istanbul, Turkey) specializes in the treatment of disorders of the nervous system. Alzheimer's and Parkinson's diseases, multiple sclerosis, epilepsy, cerebral embolism, headaches, and neuropathy.
For the diagnosis of cognitive impairment, Medipol specialists perform neuropsychological tests. Electromyography helps to evaluate the functional conditions of muscle tissue. Doctors detect epileptic foci using PET-CT.
Neurologist prescribe patients with Parkinson's disease and epilepsy deep brain stimulation (DBS) surgery.
- Comprehensive diagnostics is the first step for an effective epilepsy treatment in Liv Hospital. The cost for the procedures here is higher than in other Turkish medical centers because of VIP services provided by Liv medical staff.
- 70 out of 100 people can treat epilepsy with medications. Liv offers 2 times lower epilepsy treatment cost than European clinics.
- However, Liv Hospital is a well-known facility due to the highest level of neurosurgeries in Turkey. 91% is a success rate of the operations while other Turkish clinics show only 81% success index.
- 250 neurosurgeries are performed in Liv Hospital each year.
- The epilepsy surgery cost at Liv is calculated for each patient according to the epileptic foci position and operation method.
- Sourasky specialists carry out a complete diagnostics for patients with epilepsy to help them avoid surgery. Full diagnostics and the proper drugs selection is a primary option to fight against epilepsy. 70% of patients receive medication treatments.
- Before prescribing the drug for epilepsy, the doctors perform positron emission computed tomography using the FLAIR technology. It creates an image of pathological areas. Such a survey allows specifying the form of epilepsy and choosing the most effective medication.
- Sourasky neurosurgeons perform MRI-guided laser ablations when drugs do not help. 75% of ablations are successful according to the Epilepsy News Today online edition.
- Sourasky Medical Center offers a reasonable epilepsy surgery cost among the Near Eastern clinics. The price depends on the average price policy in Israel and local citizens' income.
The Medical Diagnostic and Treatment Center is one of the largest private clinics in Lithuania. Specialists focus on accurate diagnostics for more effective treatment. They also develop high-quality rehabilitation for fast recovery. Over 48,000 patients undergo treatment in the Hospital. 1 in 10 patients is from abroad. The most of patients are from the United Kingdom, Ireland, Sweden, and Norway.
What does determine the epilepsy treatment cost?
The epilepsy treatment cost depends on what therapeutic method a patient will undergo — medication therapy or surgery.
Before prescribing the therapy, an epileptologist carry out a complete examination of a patient. For example, specialists in the Teknon Epilepsy Institute provide electroencephalography (EEG) monitoring for 3 days.
During the procedure, a patient receives antiepileptic drugs. The doctor can immediately track the effect of drugs on the brain, replace it or adjust the dose. If the drugs do not work, an epileptologist send a patient for the surgery.
What method of epilepsy treatment cost higher?
70% of people with epilepsy receive medication treatments. The medication treatment cost is rather lower than surgery, because there is no intervention. However, a patient have to buy the drugs after they run out.
What does the epilepsy surgery cost depend on?
The epilepsy surgery cost depends on:
- type of surgery
- kind of technology
- location of clinic
- experience of a surgeon.
What does affect the epilepsy surgery cost most of all?
What is the epilepsy surgery cost? — one of the most crucial questions for people requiring this treatment option.
The exact price for operation varies in different countries and medical facilities. The average cost depends on:
- price policy within the state
- hospital brand recognition
- neurosurgeon's experience
- volume and complexity of surgery.
Except for these factors, some additional aspects may increase or reduce the epilepsy treatment cost. Among them is the type of ward, meals, interpreter service, etc. Each patient may agree or refuse these services.
How much does epilepsy treatment cost ?
|Deep brain stimulation (DBS) surgery||$16000 - $78400|
|Stereotaxic surgeries||$7500 - $15000|
|Vagus nerve stimulation||$8850 - $50400|
|PET/CT||$480 - $4050|
|MRI of one area||$140 - $1950|
|Brain MRI||$340 - $1950|
|CT (computer tomography)||$160 - $1350|
|EEG (Electroencephalography)||$120 - $8000|
|Video-EEG monitoring||$850 - $8300|
Doctors calculate the cost of epilepsy treatment individually for each patient. The price depends on the disease type, complications (if any), hospital's reputation, and doctor's experience. You may get the final epilepsy treatment cost only after complete diagnostics and consultation with a doctor.
104 clinics are represented in the ranking. According to their data, the approximate epilepsy treatment cost is:
- The average cost of the consultation is $190. The lowest price is $20 and the highest — $580.
- The average cost of epilepsy diagnostics is $2550. The lowest price is $360 and the highest — $8100.
- The average treatment price is $10300. The lowest price is $8850 and the highest — $11600.
The Neurology Department in Anadolu Clinic (Gebze, Turkey) specializes in the treatment of the nervous system pathologies.
Epilepsy, multiple sclerosis, stroke, Parkinson's and Alzheimer's diseases are treated here.
The Department includes the Neurophysiology Center and the Sleep Laboratory.
Electroneuromyography, encephalogram, positron emission computed tomography (PET-CT) are used to diagnose neurological diseases.
Treatment of epilepsy and Parkinson's disease is carried out by the deep brain stimulation (DBS).
The success of epilepsy therapy in the Department is 80%.
HM CINAC Integrated Center of Neurosciences is one of the leading Spanish comprehensive epilepsy centers. Dr. José Angel Obeso is a Head of CINAC. The doctor is among Top 3 most respected neurologists in Spain.
The epilepsy center is equipped with PET-MRI scanner — only one in Madrid. This equipment provides the most accurate imaging of the brain structures in combination with other diagnostic methods to detect the particular epilepsy type and foresee its further development.
If there is no effect of medication treatment, a patient is prescribed for surgical treatment. Doctors in the HM Epilepsy Hospital perform following surgical procedures: craniotomy (removal of the affected part of the brain) and Deep Brain Stimulation.
The Neurology Department specializes in the therapy of multiple sclerosis, meningitis, Parkinson's disease, dementia. It is a certified center for the treatment of stroke. There is also a Rehabilitation Center.
Patients are consulted by specialists from the Departments of Physiotherapy and Neuropsychology.
The Neurology Department in Asclepios Hospitals is certified as the Interregional Center for Rare Neurological Diseases. It specializes in the treatment of brain tumors, stroke, multiple sclerosis, polyneuropathy, epilepsy, Parkinson's disease.
Annually, the clinic treats 1,200 patients suffered an acute stroke.
A comprehensive epilepsy center is a part of Memorial Hospital Bahçelievler in Istanbul. This is the center with an eco-friendly design. There are a lot of green areas on the hospital territory, which contribute to patients’ psychological comfort and their speedy recovery.
Memorial Bahçelievler is among the top epilepsy centers due to the “green hospital” conception. The hospital rooms are designed in that way to positively affect the patient's psychological condition. Only living hypoallergenic plants are used in the design.
Döbling Hospital is one of the best epilepsy centers in the world. The Forbes magazine has included Döbling to the rating of Top 10 best medical institutions in the world. The ranking is based on the patients' reviews, doctors' qualifications, treatment success rate.
14,000 patients from different countries undergo treatment here every year.
Dobling Epilepsy Center accepts children and adults.
The Neurology Department of Vienna Private Clinic specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the nervous system. Doctors treat Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, Alzheimer's disease, epilepsy.
Neurological rehabilitation is conducted out on the basis of the Clinic.
Ospedale San Raffaele in Milan is one of the largest research hospitals in Europe. It applies exclusive methods for rare immune system and genetic diseases treatment.
Among its achievements — the world's first stem cell therapy for patients with severe combined immune deficiency disorder.
Oncology, oncohematology, neurosurgery, cardiac surgery, and gynecology are the strongest specialities here.
Surgeons of the medical center perform over 50,000 operations annually.
- Bumrungrad Hospital is popular among international patients for the excellent level of neurosurgery. 25 neurologists and neurosurgeons help patients with epilepsy to get rid of the disease.
- Bumrungrad specialists are the first in Thailand to perform SEEG (stereoelectroencephalography) for children. It is a surgical intervention that helps to determine the exact epileptic foci in the brain.
- SEEG helps to make the diagnosis of epilepsy more accurate and choose the most appropriate treatment method.
- The epilepsy treatment cost at Bumrungrad is 2-3 times lower than in European facilities. However, it is 2-3 times higher than in Indian and Turkish ones. The price mainly depends on the treatment method and epileptic foci location.
The Department of Neurology in Kardiolita Center (Vilnius, Lithuania) specializes in the treatment of the nervous system disorders.
Neurologists of the Department treat epilepsy, multiple sclerosis, insomnia, Alzheimer's and Parkinson's diseases.
Specialists apply vessel examination using transcranial dopplerography. For the study of brain tissue, the doctors perform neurosonoscopy.
Neurologists provide medication and surgical methods of therapy.
Artemis Hospital is recognized as an outstanding comprehensive epilepsy center in Gurgaon, India.
Specialists use positron emission computed tomography (PET-CT) to detect epileptic foci. They provide medication and surgical treatments for patients with epileptic attacks.
200,000 patients prefer Artemis among other Indian clinics each year.
Artemis is well-known Indian epilepsy center regarding highly-skilled medical staff and excellent services. The hospital has received WHO (World Health Certificate) for high level of hygiene and patient's safety during medical procedures.
- Specialists of Helios Krefeld are recognized among the best ones according to the Focus magazine, a leading German magazine in the field of healthcare.
- 95% of patients are satisfied with services at Helios Krefeld in agreement with the anonymous hospital survey.
- Doctors apply innovative technologies for the most accurate diagnosis and treatment of epilepsy. They use MRI 3 Tesla for better visualization of the nervous system that helps to detect seizures foci precisely.
- The epilepsy treatment cost at Helios Krefeld is average within Germany. It mostly depends on the therapeutic method and epileptic foci position in the brain.
- Who provides treatment in the Nordwest Hospital?
- What is the cost for epilepsy treatment at Nordwest?
Who provides treatment in the Nordwest Hospital?
Department of Neurology in the Nordwest Hospital is headed by neurologist Uta Meyding-Lamade, a doctor with 25 years of experience and electrophysiology specialist. Examination of patients with epilepsy is carried out by means of modern medical equipment in own electrophysiology laboratory at the Medical Center.
Surgical techniques and drug therapies are used for the epilepsy treatment as well. Clinical trials concerning various neurological diseases are conducted in the Department of Nordwest.
What is the cost for epilepsy treatment at Nordwest?
The cost of examination of the epileptic patient in the Clinic starts from $ 2,500.
Depending on the age of the patient and the features of the disease, hospitalization for full diagnostic procedure can re required. In this case, the price of a complete program of medical examinations will increase.
Price for the surgical epilepsy treatment is calculated individually.
Get a quote to Bookimed Doctor-Coordinator to find out the exact cost of diagnostics and treatment for epilepsy in the Nordwest Clinic for your personal case.
The Neurology Department specializes in the treatment of the nervous system diseases: epilepsy, headaches, Alzheimer's and Parkinson's.
Patients with neurological disorders are prescribed medication.
The Neurology Department of Memorial Clinic (Istanbul, Turkey) specializes in the treatment of Parkinsonism, Alzheimer's disease, epilepsy, migraine, insomnia.
Neurologists provide diagnostics using CT, angiography, electroencephalography.
Doctors offer medication or surgical method for the treatment. Patients with epilepsy and Parkinson's disease undergo deep brain stimulation (DBS).