Prof. Antonio Russi is recognized as the best epileptologist in Spain. The Doctor specializes in non-surgical therapy of severe and rare epilepsy stages. He helps children and adults to get rid of seizures for good.
Prof. Antonio Russi is an apparent expert in epilepsy diagnosing and choosing the most appropriate drugs in each particular case. Medication therapy helps patients in 70% of cases.
Prof. Russi is included in the ranking of Top 100 Spanish doctors by the Forbes magazine, the world's authoritative edition.
Prof. Russi's achievements in epilepsy diagnosing and therapy
- The Professor and his team have helped over 2,000 patients to dispose of the epileptic attacks.
- 75% of Bookimed patients with epilepsy request Prof. Antonio Russi for consultation or treatment in Teknon Hospital.
- Prof. Russi and his team of epileptologists have carried out about 900 diagnostic tests and over 600 surgeries.
Second medical opinion
Prof. Antonio Russi is among a few epileptologists that provide remote consultations via Skype. You may get a consultation with Prof. Russi submitting a request on Bookimed website.
Diagnostic tests and therapeutic approach
Prof. Russi performs electroencephalography (EEG) — the initial exam for epilepsy foci detection in awake and asleep conditions of a patient.
A patient is under all-time video surveillance to analyze the activity of the brain and reveal the features of epileptic seizures.
EEG monitoring lasts approximately 3 days. During the screening, a patient takes antiepileptic drugs.
Special sensors record brain activity. So the doctor can determine what particular drug affects the patient's epileptic seizures most of all. As a result, Professor Antonio Russi develops the most effective plan for drug therapy. He may replace medications or adjust the dose.
Education and practice
Prof. Antonio Russi graduated from the Universitat de Barcelona in 1972. He obtained expertise in epileptology, neurology, and neurophysiology.
Prof. Antonio Russi heads:
- Epilepsy Russi Institute (the epilepsy care center founded in 1987)
- Epilepsy Unit in the Teknon Hospital
- Neurology and Neurosurgery Institute of Barcelona.
Prof. Antonio Russi is a researcher for new antiepileptic medications to make non-surgical treatment suitable for each person with epilepsy.
The Doctor has numerous scientific publications concerning seizures treatment. Prof. Russi is a member of multiple neurology associations — Neurophysiology Catalan Society, International League Against Epilepsy, American Epilepsy Society, etc.
Check procedure cost
What is the best time to call you?
Select time to call
Your request has been submitted successfully Our Doctor-Coordinator will contact you in the short term
Что-то пошло не так! Попробуйте еще раз
- Medical coordinator will contact you within 30 minutes
- Medical coordinator informs you on all treatment options
- No hidden or extra fees
- Transfer and accomodation assistance