- Prostate cancer diagnostic methods
- Total cost for prostate cancer diagnostics at Dusseldorf University Hospital
- Treatment methods
Why is Dusseldorf University Hospital one of the leading center in prostate cancer treatment?
The prostate cancer is one of the main professional targets of Department for Urology at Dusseldorf University Hospital.
The close cooperation of the hospital and R&D laboratory of the university allows to apply the innovative methods in diagnostics and treatment of the prostate cancer. The peculiar achievements in prostate surgeries, so-called keyhole surgery, contributed to certifying the Department for Urology as a professional Center for Prostate Carcinoma in 2012 by German Cancer Society.
What doctors are the experts in prostate cancer treatment at Dusseldorf University Hospita?
The Department for Urology was headed by Prof. Dr. Peter Alberts four years ago. He upgraded the department, updated the medical methods and systems of medical care, whereby made the Department one of the most modern medical establishments in Europe, focusing on urologic and oncologic diseases.
What are the prostate cancer diagnostic methods at Dusseldorf University Hospital?
- physical examination;
- transrectal ultrasound;
- prostate biopsy;
- urine hystological testing for microbiological and cytological examination;
- prostate cancer genetic testing;
- bones scan.
What is the cost for prostate cancer diagnostics at Dusseldorf University Hospital?
The total cost starts from 4,000 USD.
What are the treatment methods of the prostate cancer at Dusseldorf University Hospital?
The prostate cancer treatment is usually held by laparoscopic equipment:
- Special probes with video and tool nozzles supplied to the gland through the keyholes, i.e. tiny superficial incisions.
- The most progressive surgery is held by DaVinci Surgical System. It provides the unique precision of the actions by each surgical tool.
- Besides that the surgeon monitors the surgeries in zoom and in 3D.
- The robotic assistance is also applied in intrafascial surgeries, when the healthy and affected tissues are separated by strings.
Other kinds of progressive treatment are also applied under certain indications:
- hormone therapy;
- intensity modulated radiotherapy;
- radionuclide therapy;
- anaesthetic therapy.