- Why is Prostate Center Europe considered to be a leader in prostate cancer treatment?
- What doctors perform surgeries on prostate cancer removal in the Center?
- Prostate cancer diagnostics in Prostate Center Europe
- Treatment of prostate cancer in the Center
Why is Prostate Center Europe considered to be a leader in prostate cancer treatment?
Diagnostics and treatment of prostate cancer is the main area of Center’s activity. The clinic rates first in the amount of performed operations on this disease in Europe with the assistance of the da Vinci robot. You can be sure of treatment and diagnostics reliability as urologists from all over the world are learning the da Vinci method on the basis of this hospital. Prostate Center Europe is also the only highly specialized hospital in Germany with the “fixed price” principle for its patients.
What doctors perform surgeries on prostate cancer removal in the Center?
All patients with prostate cancer are operated by the Director of the Clinic, Doctor of Medical Sciences and the best urological surgeon in Europe Jörn H. Witt. His work experience is 25 years. Up to now he has performed more than 4,000 surgeries on prostate cancer removal. In addition, Dr. Witt teaches hundreds of urologists annually to use the da Vinci method, publishes scientific works in surgery. He is a co-writer of the most comprehensive practical guide for urologists and surgeons Atlas of Robotic Prostatectomy.
Prostate cancer diagnostics in Prostate Center Europe
Before the beginning of treatment you’ll undergo the complete prostate diagnostics.
Diagnostic services of the clinic include:
- urological check-up, i.e. primary examination with/without MRI;
- prostate biopsy, i.e. main method of prostate cancer diagnostics;
- rehistology, i.e. review of prostate biopsies.
Treatment of prostate cancer in the Center
Prostate Center Europe specialists use the robotic system da Vinci when removing prostate cancer. Such a surgery decreases the probability of impotence development and enuresis after the operation by times and shortens the rehabilitation period just to 1 day.
Advantages of the da Vinci robot:
- minimum probability of erectile dysfunction and enuresis;
- very low pain effect after the surgery:
- minimum blood loss hence there is almost no need in blood transfusion;
- returning to daily activity within the period of 1 day;
- short hospital stay and quick rehabilitation;
- small punctures therefore the surgical scars are almost unnoticed.
The Center applies radiotherapy in case of recurrence after the surgery.
Medipol Hospital is one of three best medical centers of the country with someof the best high efficiency ratings of oncological diseases treatment in Europe and Asia.
What doctors are the experts in prostate cancer treatment in Medipol Hospital?
The main surgeon and the Head of the Department of Urology in Medipol Medical Group is Prof. Dr. Tibet Erdogru, who is one of the leading urologists in Europe. Professor has 8 years of experience in laparoscopic and robotic surgeries. He has conducted more than 2,000 surgeries on the prostate, kidneys, ureters and bladder by means of the Da Vinci Surgical System. Prof. Dr. Selami Albayrak and Dr. Abdullah Sumnu are among respected doctors in the world, who carry out the urogenital oncological treatment in Medipol Hospital with hundreds of successful procedures and surgeries.
What are the methods of prostate cancer diagnostics in Medipol Hospital?
- Complete blood count (general, biochemistry, coagulation, PSA, electolites, lipids) and urine tests (general, biochemistry, culture and sensitivity);
- Transrectal ultrasound;
- CT and PET-CT;
- Prostate biopsy;
- Consultation with urologist and oncologist.
What is the cost of prostate cancer diagnostics in Medipol Clinic?
The cost starts from USD 2,400. The price depends on number and volume of the analysis, prescribed by a doctor. Clarify the price for treatment and diagnostic procedures with Bookimed doctor-coordinator.
What are the methods of prostate cancer treatment in Medipol?
The treatment methods are:
- Transurethral resection of the prostate;
- Cryosurgery (cryoablation – low temperatures application for radical postatectomy);
- High temperatures ultrasound tumor destruction (HIFU);
- High-intensity focused ultrasound, radiofrequency therapy;
- Classical total abdominal radical prostatectomy;
- Minimal invasive laparoscopic prostate removal;
- Robotic prostatectomy by the Da Vinci Surgical System;
- Lymphadenectomy (removal of lymph nodes, affected by metastasis).
The recovery process takes up to 14 days in general.
Why do patients with prostate cancer choose Acibadem Hospital for the treatment?
Acibadem Healthcare Group is the biggest private hospitals network in Turkey. It provides diagnostic and treatment services by highly qualified doctors and the most modern medical technologies. The leading urologists and oncologists, having many years of experience, prove that prostate cancer might be treated in 95% cases if it is detected at an early stage of the disease, while the tumor has not spread to the neighbouring tissues and organs yet, and therefore no metastases are detected. The prostate cancer treatment have high curability rates due to the multidisciplinary approach and the world-class professionals.
What doctors treat prostate cancer in Acibadem Clinic?
The qualitative diagnostics of patients with suspected prostate cancer in Acibadem Hospital includes the whole range of required measures:
- Complete blood analysis and PSA-test (measures the amount of prostate-specific antigen);
- Digital rectal examination of the prostate (through the rectum);
- CT and/or MRI to examine the affected tissues;
- The biopsy is assigned after MRI.
What is the cost of prostate cancer diagnostics in Acibadem Clinic?
The cost of diagnostics starts from USD 2,500. The number of the procedures may be varied due to the disease stage. Get the treatment program with exact prices on Bookimed website.
What are the prostate cancer treatment methods in Acibadem?
The minimally invasive surgery of robotic prostatectomy is used in 80% of prostate cancer cases in Adcibadem Hospital. It is held by the brand new technology and high precision surgical equipment, i.e. Da Vinci Surgical System, to achieve maximum reliability and fast postoperative recovery of the patient.
Resection and needle ablation are used among the surgical methods as well, while the chemotherapy and radio therapy are used at the later stages of disease.
Why is Memorial Hospital one of the leading centers in prostate cancer treatment?
The surgeries on prostate in Memorial Mega Hospital are held only by the experienced professors of urology, who perfectly possess various techniques of endoscopic and robotic operations. Since 2007 Memorial conduct the robotic surgeries. Annualy world-known professionals of Memorial Clinicmore conduct more than 500 surgeries by means of the da Vinci Surgical System.
The percent of successful surgeries in Memorial Hospitals is one of the highest in Europe, and 90% of patients retained regular potency and urination.
The main surgeonl of the Hospital is Prof. Dr. Tibet Erdogru, who is one of the leading urologists in Europe, possessing the techniques of endoscopic and robotic operations of the prostate.
What are the diagnostic methods of prostate cancer in Memorial Hospital?
- Comprehensive urodynamic examination;
- Urethra cystoscopy;
- CT, MRI, PET-CTof pelvic organs;
- Intravenous urography;
- Radionuclide scintigraphy, X-ray.
What is the cost of prostate cancer diagnostics in Memorial Clinic?
The cost for treatment in Turkey is 30% lower in comparison with the hospitals of Israel and Germany. The total cost varies from USD 2,500 to 3,500 and depends on the indicated by a doctor tests. Contact Bookimed doctor-coordinator to find out the treatment program with exact prices!
What are the methods of prostate cancer treatment in Memorial Hospital?
There are the following non-surgical prostate cancer tratment methods in Memorial Clinic:
- Chemotherapy and hormone therapy, brachytherapy, cryotherapy and radiation therapy;
- Minimally invasive surgery, incl. prostate laser ablation;
- Prostatectomy by means of the da Vinci Surgical System;
- Laser surgery (laser vaporization);
- New modifications of transurethral resection techniques;
- Transurethral needle ablation (TUNA), as well as abdominal open removal surgery.
What are the results of prostate cancer treatment in Memorial Hospital?
Memorial Hospital has one of the highest recovery rates - 70-90% of patients are cured after the treatment.