Endocrinology in Germany: overview and considerations
Thyroid diseases and diabetes are the most widespread in Germany among other endocrine system disorders. 33% of the local population have thyroid diseases and 12% of German people have diabetes as the International Diabetes Federation (IDF) and the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) report.
Endocrinology in Germany combines 2 treatment methods:
- surgery (endocrine tumors removal or weight loss surgery)
- therapy (medications intake).
Surgery is considered a more effective one because helps get rid of the disease in a shorter period with a greater outcome.
Asklepios Barmbek is No.1 choice of Bookimed patients in the Federal Republic. people prefer Asklepios Barmbek among other hospitals due to world-class services, high success rates, and doctors’ experience.
Submit a request on Bookimed website and ask our medical doctors questions you’re interested in regarding endocrinology in Germany.
- Treatment of severe thyroid diseases, especially thyroid cancer, is the main specialty of endocrinology clinic at Barmbek. Asklepios Barmbek is certified by the German Cancer Society (DKG) that guarantees high results and patients’ safety.
- Up to 92% of thyroid tumors are treated successfully.
- Prof. Thomas Carus, an outstanding bariatric surgeon, provides the surgical treatment for diabetic patients in the endocrine clinic. He is a member of the Society for Abdominal Microsurgery and one of the best weight loss surgeons in Germany according to the Focus magazine, an authoritative healthcare publication within the country.
- Asklepios Barmbek is a top medical facility in the Federal Republic for treatment of foreigners as the Medical Travel Quality Alliance reports.
- Over 80,000 patients choose Asklepios Barmbek for diagnostics and treatment every year.
- 1,500 patients undergo treatment of endocrine diseases at Helios Krefeld annually.
- Helios Krefeld is one of the leading centers for diabetology and endocrinology in Germany. The center is certified by the German Diabetes Association (DDG) that confirms first-rate quality and safety of medical care in the hospital.
- The Hypertension Center has an accreditation from the German Hypertension Society (Deutsche Hochdruckliga — DHL) that ensures Helios Krefeld to provide excellent care for hypertonic patients.
- 95% of patients are satisfied with diagnostics and treatment at Helios Krefeld according to hospitals’ anonymous survey results.
Helios Park Hospital in Leipzig is one of the largest hospitals in Germany. It is included in the rating of the best national medical centers according to the Focus version.
Main specialties are oncology and hematology, cardiology, orthopedics, gastroenterology.
Helios Leipzig has achieved a high treatment success rate. According to the hospital’s data, 100% of vessel surgeries and 99.9% of stomach tumors removals do not cause complications.
Helios Park Hospital serves 50,000 German and international patients annually.
Common procedureswell woman check-up
Medical Park (Medical Park AG) is the network of specialized rehabilitation clinics in the field of recovery after injuries, orthopedic surgery, after various diseases: rheumatic, neurological, cardiac and psychosomatic and after various operations, located in the most beautiful regions of Germany. Two of them - outpatient therapeutic centers «CITY MED» and «Medical Park Art.» are located at the largest Bavarian cities Munich and Nuremberg. Other clinics are located in Bavaria, such towns as Tegernsee, Chiemsee, Bad Wiessee - combines the beauty of mountain lakes and Alpine panorama.
- Over 4,000 endoscopic examinations are conducted annually. This screening method is the best way to observe the thyroid gland swelling.
- St. Georg is among the best endocrine clinics in Germany for diabetic patients therapy according to the German Diabetes Association (DDG) certification.
- Asklepios St. Georg is among Top 100 national best hospitals in agreement with Focus magazine, the most trustworthy medical edition in Germany.
- The specialized center for thyroid gland treatment has been working on the premises of St. Georg for over 100 years. Doctors have a vast experience and provide innovative treatment methods.
- Thyroid cancer is treated at Tumorzentrum, one of the largest in Europe. Over 1,000 patients undergo therapy there annually.
- 87,000 patients visit Asklepios St. Georg annually.
Costs of endocrinology procedures in Germany
|well woman check-up||$1700 - $3950|
Asklepios Nord is the largest multidisciplinary hospital in Hamburg. It is included in the biggest medical network in Germany — Asklepios Kliniken.
Pediatrics, neurosurgery, gastroenterology, ophthalmology, maxillofacial surgery are the main specialties at Asklepios Nord.
Asklepios Nord is regularly ranked among TOP hospitals in Germany for dentistry, ophthalmology, proctology.
72,000 patients receive treatment in the hospital annually.
Asklepios Klinik Altona is a university hospital of Hamburg, one of the oldest medical facilities in Northern Germany. The medical center belongs to the hospitals’ group of Asklepios Kliniken. Asklepios Altona Hamburg specializes in robotic surgery, gastroenterology, abdominal surgery, neurology, and oncology specialties.
95,000 patients get treatment annually here.
- Sachsenhausen endocrine clinic specializes in diabetes treatment. It is one of the best facilities for the disease therapy in the Federal Republic according to Focus magazine, an authoritative medical edition within the state.
- Dr. Ralf Jung is one of the outstanding endocrinologists in Germany. The doctor has 25 years under his belt and heads Sachsenhausen Endocrinology Clinic.
- Over 1,000 patients turn to Sachsenhausen doctors for help with endocrinology diseases treatment every year.
Helios Berlin-Buch is the largest and modern hospital in the capital of Germany.
It is included in the best German centers list in 2018 according to the Focus magazine ranking.
94% of patients recommend Helios Berlin-Buch for diagnostics and treatment.
Key specialties of the hospital are oncology and surgical oncology, orthopedics, neurosurgery, and obesity treatment.
Meoclinic in Berlin is a one of the biggest international hospitals in Germany. 50 doctors work at Meoclinic specialized in over 30 medical fields. The Hospital consists of 5 narrow focused centers of radiology, cardiology, surgery, phlebology, and rehabilitation. Meoclinic has a certification according to the international Quality Management System ISO 9001:2008.
- Charité Endocrine Clinic is recognized as the Center of Excellence for diagnostics and treatment of adrenal and thyroid cancer, pituitary tumors, diabetes, and metabolic impairments.
- Charité Hospital has been awarded as the best German medical facility according to the Focus magazine, the most authoritative healthcare publication in the Federal Republic.
- Adrenal and thyroid cancer treatments are conducted under the supervision of the German Cancer Society (DKG), a promoter of world-class methods and technologies for cancer treatment within the country.
- Over 800,000 patients visit Charité annually.
- Outstanding specialists provide treatment of the highest international standards. A lot of Charité experts have been the Nobel Prize winners (Emil von Behring, Robert Koch, and Paul Ehrlich).
Martha-Maria Hospital is one of the leading hospitals in Bavaria and is located in a quiet green area on the outskirts of Munich. The hospital was founded in 1889 and has been for many years a leading surgical center for the treatment of endocrine and oncological diseases. The hospital meets all international standards for quality of medical services.
Alfried Krupp Krankenhaus is one of the largest medical institutions of the Rurh region in Germany. The Hospital consists of 19 departments, 10 certified centers. Alfried Krupp Krankenhaus is a leading facility for emergency patients as the most efficient in severe cases. Annually clinics receives around 80,000 patients and actively cooperates with other European and German medical centers in the field of medical assistance and teaching programs.
St. Martinus-Krankenhaus is a multidisciplinary clinic located 20 minutes from the International Airport in the center of Düsseldorf. It is considered as the leading German hospital in the surgical treatment of obesity. Only two German clinics are accredited by the International Federation of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders and St. Martinus-Krankenhaus is one of them. The Medical Center also includes specialized divisions for diabetes (accredited by the German Diabetes Association - DDG) and minimally invasive gastric surgery. St. Martinus-Krankenhaus is entitled to Top Mediziner 2016 in obesity surgery according to Focus Magazine (one of the most prestigious medical awards in Germany). The Clinic has also an advanced training base for dietitians from the whole country.
Essen University Hospital is one of the Europe leaders which provides high-quality medical services and accurate diagnosis in many areas (oncology, hematology, transplantation and treatment of cardiovascular disease). The hospital has an international authority, successfully combines research work with the practice of the treatment of patients, as well as the development and implementation of innovative treatment techniques, conducting various clinical trials and actively collaborates with leading hospitals around the world.
Solingen Municipal Hospital/Academic Hospital of the University of Cologne is among top clinics in Germany according to Focus magazine - one of the most widely circulated German editions. Städtisches Klinikum Solingen is a certified medical institution treating over 60,000 patients per year.
- Bremen-Mitte is recognized as the best medical facility for endocrinology in Germany by the Focus magazine, a dependable newsletter about medical care in the country.
- Endocrinologists certified by the German Diabetes Association (DDG) carry out diabetes treatment at Bremen-Mitte. It ensures high quality and therapy method accuracy for each patient.
- Specialists conduct an accurate diagnostics to detect thyroid diseases. The clinic is equipped with magnetic resonance and positron-emission computed tomographs (MRT and PET-CT) of the latest generation. 100% is a precision of diagnostics with the devices.
- 70 thyroid surgeries are carried out at Bremen-Mitte per year.
- Bremen-Mitte is one of the best thyroid cancer treatment centers in the Federal Republic. The center is certified by the German Cancer Society (DKG) that proves the excellent quality of services and patients’ safety in the hospital.
- Endocrinologists cooperate with neurosurgeons and perform microsurgeries to remove pituitary tumors. This method is more precise than the open surgery and reduces healing processes after the procedure.
- 40,000 patients trust their health to Bremen-Mitte doctors annually.
Klinikum Bremen-Ost is a multidisciplinary hospital located in Bremen. The hospital is a part of the Gesundheit Nord-Klinikverbund Bremen network of hospitals. Bremen-Ost Hospital specializes in lung surgery, neurology, psychotherapy, and psychiatry.
Bremen-Ost is among best German medical facilities in 2015-2016 according to the rating of Focus magazine. The rating includes hospitals with positive patients’ feedback and high treatment success rates.
Every year Bremen-Ost receives 19,000 patients for treatment.