- Why is Prostate Center Europe considered to be a leader in prostate cancer treatment?
- What doctors perform surgeries on prostate cancer removal in the Center?
- Prostate cancer diagnostics in Prostate Center Europe
- Treatment of prostate cancer in the Center
Why is Prostate Center Europe considered to be a leader in prostate cancer treatment?
Diagnostics and treatment of prostate cancer is the main area of Center’s activity. The clinic rates first in the amount of performed operations on this disease in Europe with the assistance of the da Vinci robot. You can be sure of treatment and diagnostics reliability as urologists from all over the world are learning the da Vinci method on the basis of this hospital. Prostate Center Europe is also the only highly specialized hospital in Germany with the “fixed price” principle for its patients.
What doctors perform surgeries on prostate cancer removal in the Center?
All patients with prostate cancer are operated by the Director of the Clinic, Doctor of Medical Sciences and the best urological surgeon in Europe Jörn H. Witt. His work experience is 25 years. Up to now he has performed more than 4,000 surgeries on prostate cancer removal. In addition, Dr. Witt teaches hundreds of urologists annually to use the da Vinci method, publishes scientific works in surgery. He is a co-writer of the most comprehensive practical guide for urologists and surgeons Atlas of Robotic Prostatectomy.
Prostate cancer diagnostics in Prostate Center Europe
Before the beginning of treatment you’ll undergo the complete prostate diagnostics.
Diagnostic services of the clinic include:
- urological check-up, i.e. primary examination with/without MRI;
- prostate biopsy, i.e. main method of prostate cancer diagnostics;
- rehistology, i.e. review of prostate biopsies.
Treatment of prostate cancer in the Center
Prostate Center Europe specialists use the robotic system da Vinci when removing prostate cancer. Such a surgery decreases the probability of impotence development and enuresis after the operation by times and shortens the rehabilitation period just to 1 day.
Advantages of the da Vinci robot:
- minimum probability of erectile dysfunction and enuresis;
- very low pain effect after the surgery:
- minimum blood loss hence there is almost no need in blood transfusion;
- returning to daily activity within the period of 1 day;
- short hospital stay and quick rehabilitation;
- small punctures therefore the surgical scars are almost unnoticed.
The Center applies radiotherapy in case of recurrence after the surgery.
- Diagnostics of cancer at Teknon Medical Center
- Modern techniques of oncology treatment in Spain
- Prices for diagnostics and treatment of cancer at Teknon
Why do the patients choose Teknon Clinic for the diagnostics and treatment of oncological diseases?
The Department of Oncology at Teknon Medical Center is one of the best in Spain and Europe. A lot of leading Spanish oncologists work here. The leadership of the Сlinic constantly updates its equipment implementing the latest technological innovations.
- breast cancer;
- prostate cancer;
- stomach cancer;
- intestinal cancer;
- skin cancer;
- lung cancer;
- kidney cancer.
How is the diagnostics held at Teknon?
The diagnostic base of the Hospital gives an opportunity to carry out the most complex tests, which help to make accurate diagnoses and increase the efficiency of treatment.
Which therapeutic techniques are used at Teknon?
- Radiotherapy (including radiosurgery: Gamma-knife, Cyber-knife, TrueBeam);
- The latest protocols of chemotherapy (including those developed on the basis of Teknon Research Institute of Oncology);
- Surgical operations (among which are robotic surgeries and cardiosurgery).
Prices for diagnostics and treatment of cancer at Teknon Hospital
The cost of diagnostics and treatment depends on many factors such as the disease development and body condition. International Patients Support Center Bookimed will choose an individual program with accurate prices for you.
Get the exact prices for diagnostics and treatment at Teknon Medical Center
- The diagnostic methods of prostate cancer at Ichilov Hospital
- The cost of prostate cancer diagnostics at Ichilov Hospital
- The prostate cancer treatment methods at Ichilov Hospital
Why is Ichilov Hospital the leading center in prostate cancer treatment?
State Sourasky Medical Center Ichilov is in the TOP 5 oncology clinics of Israel. Prostate cancer diagnostics, examination and treatment is one of the most demanding activities of the hospital owing to multidisciplinary approach of the group of the best oncourologists of the country.
The operations are held by Dr. Meyer David Gershbaum M.D., world-known professional on urological robotic operations, who perfectly knows DaVinci Xi – the brand new model of Da Vinci Surgical System of 4th generation. Dr. Gershbaum is invited to the hospitals from all over the world for demonstration operations. He has held hundreds of successful operations in Israel and USA, having become the best urological surgeon of New-York and Israel.
What are the diagnostic methods of prostate cancer at Ichilov Hospital?
- Prostate palpation and PSA blood test (i.e. general clinical and biochemical blood tests);
- Tumor markers blood test;
- Urine tests;
- Transrectal prostate ultrasound (sonography);
- Biopsy followed by examination of the tissues under a microscope;
- CT and PET-CT for the detection of distant metastases.
The diagnostics takes 3 to 4 days.
What is the cost of prostate cancer diagnostics at Ichilov Hospital?
The total costs varies from 2,800 to 3,700 USD. The examinations may be varied regardless the disease stage and ways of cancer spread. Clarify the price for treatment and diagnostic procedures costs on Bookimed website.
What are the prostate cancer treatment methods at Ichilov Hospital?
Ichilov Hospital provides the brand new treatment methods, such as:
- Surgery (traditional abdominal surgery, laparoscopic prostatectomy, Da Vinci Surgical System of 4th generation);
- Radiation therapy (brachytherapy and IMRT);
- Hormone therapy;
- Focused ultasound ablation;
- Gene therapy;
- Targeted (molecularly oriented) therapy.
- The diagnostic methods of prostate cancer at Assuta Medical Center
- The cost of prostate cancer diagnostics at Assuta Medical Center
- The prostate cancer treatment methods at Assuta Medical Center
Why is Assuta Medical Center the leading center in prostate cancer treatment?
What doctors are the experts in prostate cancer treatment at Assuta Medical Center?
Diagnosis confirmation and treatment assignment are held under the supervision of Prof. Haim Matzkin, the leading oncourologist of the country and world-known surgeon-urologist. Despite this, he is the participant of the famous research projects in oncourology at the medical centers of Miami and Memphis. His team includes the professionals of the brand new treatment methods, who carry out successful operations of the prostate cancer at the latest stages of disease.
Prostate cancer diagnostics and examination takes from 3 to 4 days at Assuta Medical Center. The diagnostics includes:
- A blood test for prostate specific antigen (PSA);
- Digital rectal examination of the prostate;
- Gleason score cells evaluation.
What is the cost of prostate cancer diagnostics at Assuta Medical Center?
The total cost varies from 2,700 to 3,500 USD. The examinations may be varied regardless the disease stage and ways of cancer spread. Clarify the price for treatment and diagnostic procedures costs on Bookimed website.
What are the prostate cancer treatment methods at Assuta Medical Center?
Assuta Medical Center offers the following methods of the prostate cancer treatment:
- Surgery (laparoscopic method, da Vinci Surgical System, removal of the tumor through the urethra, open surgery);
- Radiation therapy (external radiation, brachytherapy);
- Hormone therapy.
Why is Memorial Hospital one of the leading centers in prostate cancer treatment?
The surgeries on prostate in Memorial Mega Hospital are held only by the experienced professors of urology, who perfectly possess various techniques of endoscopic and robotic operations. Since 2007 Memorial conduct the robotic surgeries. Annualy world-known professionals of Memorial Clinicmore conduct more than 500 surgeries by means of the da Vinci Surgical System.
The percent of successful surgeries in Memorial Hospitals is one of the highest in Europe, and 90% of patients retained regular potency and urination.
The main surgeonl of the Hospital is Prof. Dr. Tibet Erdogru, who is one of the leading urologists in Europe, possessing the techniques of endoscopic and robotic operations of the prostate.
What are the diagnostic methods of prostate cancer in Memorial Hospital?
- Comprehensive urodynamic examination;
- Urethra cystoscopy;
- CT, MRI, PET-CTof pelvic organs;
- Intravenous urography;
- Radionuclide scintigraphy, X-ray.
What is the cost of prostate cancer diagnostics in Memorial Clinic?
The cost for treatment in Turkey is 30% lower in comparison with the hospitals of Israel and Germany. The total cost varies from USD 2,500 to 3,500 and depends on the indicated by a doctor tests. Contact Bookimed doctor-coordinator to find out the treatment program with exact prices!
What are the methods of prostate cancer treatment in Memorial Hospital?
There are the following non-surgical prostate cancer tratment methods in Memorial Clinic:
- Chemotherapy and hormone therapy, brachytherapy, cryotherapy and radiation therapy;
- Minimally invasive surgery, incl. prostate laser ablation;
- Prostatectomy by means of the da Vinci Surgical System;
- Laser surgery (laser vaporization);
- New modifications of transurethral resection techniques;
- Transurethral needle ablation (TUNA), as well as abdominal open removal surgery.
What are the results of prostate cancer treatment in Memorial Hospital?
Memorial Hospital has one of the highest recovery rates - 70-90% of patients are cured after the treatment.
LIV Hospital Oncological Department specializes in the diagnostics and treatment of all types of cancer. There is the whole range of modern equipment, including MRT, CT, PET-CT, TrueBeam ST and others in the department. It is through the use of a linear accelerator LIV Hospital TrueBeam ST cancer patients get the exact dose of radiation directed to the affected cells and tissues. TrueBeam ST visualization is very important in the treatment of lung cancer, breast cancer, spinal or prostate tumors. Software Acuros XB, for the first time in Turkey, was applied in LIV Hospital. It calculates more accurately and quickly the amount of radiation dose than other systems. All these factors extremely reduce the period of treatment and minimize the chance of spread of the tumor.