- Diagnostic methods
- Total cost of the prostate cancer diagnostics at Hirslanden Hospital
- Treatment methods of the prostate cancer
Why is the Hirslanden Private Hospital one of the best centers in prostate cancer treatment?
This medical institution provides the most unique and newest surgeries. The proper medical care is set up perfectly, therefore the rehabilitation takes little time after the majority of the surgeries held.
The Department for Urology provides the treatment of the most complicated diseases by surgical and therapeutical methods followed by the rehabilitation, excluding relapses and complications. The professional team besides the urologists and oncologists also includes psycho oncologists, physicians and nutritionists, who provide the patients and their families with the competent and comprehensive approach.
The diagnostics and treatment at this medical institution is held by the experienced high-qualified doctors with perfect knowledge and skills, such as Prof. Dr. med. André Reis, Dr. med. Urs Bangerter, Dr. med. Stephan Bauer.
What are the diagnostic methods applied at Hirslanden Private Hospital?
- rectal palpation (through rectum);
- PSA blood test to detect the tumor is the golden standard of diagnostics and the main screening method.
The prostate cancer is also diagnosed by MRI and CT.
What is the cost of the prostate cancer diagnostics at Hirslanden Hospital?
The total cost starts from 5,000 USD.
What are the treatment methods of the prostate cancer at Hirslanden Private Hospital?
The four methods of the prostate cancer treatment at Hirslanden:
- chemotherapy is mostly used when the metastases are detected;
- hormone therapy may include the adrenals affection;
- estrogene therapy as well as the affection of ovaries and the hypothalamus;
- the surgical treatment may be divided into organ preserving surgery of the prostate and radical prostatectomy.
The doctors used to combine the surgical treatment with radiotherapy. The radiotherapy is divided into external radiotherapy (i.e. 70-80 Gy per dose) and brachytherapy. The latter is administration of the radioactive substances.