- How is prostate cancer treated at Ichilov Medical Center?
- Leading expert specialized in prostate tumors at Sourasky Medical Center
- Prostate cancer treatment methods and cost in Ichilov Hospital
How is prostate cancer treated at Ichilov Medical Center?
Multifield Sourasky Clinic was placed in TOP-5 best worldwide oncologic centers by Forbes and Newsweek. Prostate cancer treatment in Israel is provided by doctors who are specialized only in this sphere to exclude any mistakes.
Pharmaceutical treatment of prostate tumor includes immune therapy and targeted therapy.
Stages 3,4 prostate cancer treatment includes radio therapy and chemotherapy.
Prostate cancer treatment in Israel at Sourasky Medical Center is performed by head oncologic urologist — Meyer David Gershbaum. He is the leading robotic surgeon in Israel who performs prostatectomy with da Vinci. He has performed more than 1,100 surgeries using da Vinci. Meyer David Gershbaum is recognized as the best robotic surgeon in Israel and New York.
Prostate cancer treatment cost at Ichilov Medical Center
Approximate prostate cancer treatment cost at Ichilov Medical Center:
- prostatectomy da Vinci — $25,000
- laparoscopy — $20,000
- radical prostatectomy — $21,000-$25,000.
You can find out exact treatment cost by leaving a quote, Bookimed Doctor-Coordinator will contact you. Final cost may vary because of treatment method.
- Who conducts the prostate cancer treatment in Assuta hospital?
- Treatment and diagnostics program cost in Assuta Hospital
- Treatment methods at Assuta Medical Center
Who conducts the prostate cancer treatment in Assuta Hospital?
Prostate cancer treatment is conducted under control of authoritative oncologist with more than 30-years experience — Professor Haim Matzkin.
Dr. Zohan Dotan (specialist in prostate cancer surgery) and Dr. Svetlana Zalmanova (Head of the Institute of Radiotherapy and radiosurgery at Assuta Medical Center) are members of Prof. Haim Matzkin's team.
Treatment and diagnostics program cost in Assuta Hospital
On stages 3,4 of prostate cancer PET-CT is performed with choline. Procedure cost is $1,800.
The complete physical examination lasts 3-4 days.
Treatment methods at Assuta Medical Center
Surgical (prostatectomy), radiologic (ray treatment), and pharmaceutical prostate cancer treatment methods are used in Assuta Clinic.
In Radical prostatectomy program are included:
- preoperative preparation (electrocardiogram, chest X-ray, anesthesiologist consultation);
- surgical intervention;
- 4 days of hospitalization;
- disposable consumable surgical materials;
- express biopsy and final histopathology.
Prostatectomy can be performed using da Vinci (surgical system) robot. In this case, catheter won't be installed, and the term of hospitalization is shortened to 3 days.
The cost of the robot prostatectomy using da Vinci – from $32,000.
During the surgery performed with da Vinci system in 80% of cases, erectile function and normal urination are completely retained.
When tumors are small and they haven't spread beyond the prostate, the treatment applies high-intensity ultrasonic waves HIFU.
Brachytherapy is targeted radiation inside the tumor with minimal impact on healthy cells.
The cost of brachytherapy in Assuta Medical Center – from $24,000.
- Who conducts the prostate cancer treatment in Rambam Hospital?
- Treatment and diagnostics program cost at Rambam Medical Center
- Treatment therapies
Who conducts the prostate cancer treatment in Rambam Hospital?
Dr. David M. Kakiashvili is the Director of Urologic Oncology, Chief of Robotic Surgery at Rambam Medical Center. He has got an international certificate in robotic surgery. Dr. David M. Kakiashvili was trained as urologic oncology, robotic surgeon. He was called "The man of the year in medicine” by Israeli Radio Haifa in 2012. In 2005 he obtained APF (American Physician Fellowship for Israel) Annual Grant in the field of basic research.
Dr. Kakiashvili is well known as an expert in robotic prostatectomy who carries out surgeries with da Vinci System.
Treatment and diagnostics program cost at Rambam Medical Center
Biopsy and diagnostics of prostate cancer are carried out with a designated sonar system.
The complete examination approximately lasts 4 days.
Treatment therapies in Rambam Hospital
In Rambam Hospital the following therapies of prostate cancer treatment are used:
- Radiotherapy (including Intensity-modulated radiation therapy);
- Brachytherapy (minimal impact on healthy cells);
- Prostatectomy (including robotic surgery).
35% of patients who underwent treatment in Rambam Hospital and followed all prescriptions have never had this disease again.
Prostate cancer treatment in Israel
One of the most common cancers among men is prostate cancer. The tumor affects the prostate gland, the organ involved in the sperm release and the process of ejaculation. The incident rate of this type of cancer shows it occupies the third place after lung and stomach cancers and the second place as the cause of men’s deaths from the cancer. The incident rate is more than 400,000 people in a year and it keeps steadily growing.
Causes of prostate cancer
Only in Israel:
- Surgical removal of the prostate tumor by means of the da Vinci Surgical System
- The innovative technique of ultrasound ablation
- The CyberKnife system of targeting radiotherapy
Causes of prostate cancer development and risk factors
The causes of cancer have not been yet identified. It has been associated with the excess concentrations of male hormone testosterone in blood. In addition, a multitude of observed factors significantly increases the risk of prostate cancer:
- age-related hormonal changes (75% of cases occur among men older than 65 years);
- unhealthy diet (high level of animal fats in food and low level of fiber);
- inherited predisposition to the disease;
- viruse infections (some type species of retroviruses);
- the environmental effect (e.g. UV radiation);
- the effect of cadmium (in rubber industry and typography etc.)
The occurrence of the prostate tumor is often proceeded by the following precancerous conditions:
- benign prostatic hyperplasia;
- intraepithelial neoplasia.
Symptoms of prostate cancer
The tumor of the prostate gland is characterized by two very unpleasant features. The first one is that the prostate cancer is almost free of symptoms at the early stages of its development. Symptoms appear after the tumor starting to spread throughout the body. These include:
- weak and stuttering urine stream;
- burning during urination;
- sensation of incomplete emptying of the urinary bladder. The result is increased frequency of urination and defecation;
- sometimes a decreased ejaculation and impotence may occur.
Further development of the disease defines other, more specific manifestations:
- the appearance of red blood cells in urine;
- the problem of urinary incontinence;
- pain in the pubic region and the perineum.
In addition, the patient can notice typical symptoms of most cancers as weakness, fatigue, absence of appetite and weight loss, fall in hemoglobin level in blood.
For the successful treatment, it is important to detect the disease as early as possible. For this purpuse men are recommended to make preventive checkups at least once a year. It is very important that these checkups to be carried out by experienced doctors. The leading experts of Israeli hospitals successfully diagnose prostate cancer at the early stages that allows to begin treatment in proper time.
Diagnostics of prostate cancer in Israel
The diagnostic procedures for prostate cancer determination in Israel include both specific methods for malignant tumor detection and methods for determination of the expansion rate of metastases in the body. The first include:
- Digital rectal examination of the prostate. It is conducted to detect the induration of the prostate, the analysis of mobility, structure and other features of the organ.
- Ultrasonography of the prostate and urine bladder is the investigation of the prostate by means of ultrasonic wave. For a more detailed study it is also used Transrectal ultrasonography.
- Uroflowmetry is a study of urine flow rate.
- Blood tests for the tumor marker of a specific protein PSA, its level increases with the development of prostate tumor.
- Biopsy is an investigation of prostate cells and their estimation under the Gleason grading system. The material for investigation is taken with local anesthesia under ultrasound machine.
The following techniques are used to determine the spread of cancer in body:
- Ultrasonography of abdominal cavity organs.
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and X-ray computed tomography (CT scan) give images of internal organs by means of a magnetic field and X-ray radiation.
The data obtained as a part of the study, allows Israeli doctors to diagnose prostate cancer, determine the degree of its development as well as the level of aggression, and assign the optimal treatment.
Methods of treatment of prostate cancer in Israel
The most preferred method of treatment at the early stages of prostate cancer is surgical treatment i.e. prostateсtomy. In the hospitals of Israel this surgery accounts as minimally invasive procedure and is produced by means of Da Vinci, modern robotic installation. It minimizes the risks of patient’s traumatism.
If surgery is contraindicated or metastasing takes place, the following treatment methods are used:
- Teleirradiation of tumor and nearby lymphs by means of CyberKnife system.
- Brachytherapy, the procedure of local irradiation by isotopes that are introducing into the tumor.
- Ultrasound ablation is the destruction of the tumor by ultrasound exposure.
- Cryoablation is the destruction of the tumor and the surrounding tissues by intervention of low-temperature materials.
It is noteworthly that prostate cancer can be well treated at its early stages.
At the later stages, prostate tumor is treated with radiation therapy, which is combined with hormone therapy. The aim of the hormone therapy is slowing the development of tumor by reducing testosterone level in blood. Chemotherapy and ultrasonic ablation are also applied at this stage.
Prostateсtomy (by means of surgical robot)
Radiation therapy, brachytherapy, ultrasonic ablation, cryoablation
Hormone therapy, radiation therapy, ultrasonic ablation
Hormone therapy, radiation therapy, chemotherapy, palliative treatment
Patient review on prostate cancer treatment in Israel
Rehabilitation and prevention of recurrence of prostate cancer in Israel
After completing the course of treatment the patient is observed in hospital for at least another 10-14 days. The Israeli hospitals develop an individual rehabilitation program for each patient. Typically it includes follow-up of patient and, if necessary, treatment by such experts:
- urologist (recovery of normal functioning of the bladder and intestines);
- andrologist (potency recovery);
- psychologist (psychic trauma management after treatment).
Recovery at resorts of the Dead Sea is also recommended.
After the rehabilitation, the patient returns home. Israeli Doctors recommend to repeate the course of rehabilitation after a year.
It is necessary to fulfill all directions of the attending doctor and undergo periodic examinations to prevent the recurrence of prostate cancer.
Cost of prostate cancer treatment in Israel
The cost of treatment in Israel depends on the occurrence of the disease, its stage, degree of tumor aggression and patient's individual characteristics. More information you can obtain from the specialists of the International Patients Support Center Bookimed.
|Tumor Marker Blood Test||from 450 to 700$||from 500 to 800€||from 500 to 800€||from 200 to 400$||from 300 to 600$|
|Prostatectomy||from 22000 to 26000$||from 16000 to 24000€||from 16000 to 24000€||from 15000 to 25000$||from 15000 to 25000$|
- The diagnostic methods of prostate cancer at Sheba Medical Center
- The cost of prostate cancer diagnostics at Sheba Medical Center
- The prostate cancer treatment methods at Sheba Medical Center
Why is Sheba Medical Center the leading center in prostate cancer treatment?
What doctors are the experts in prostate cancer treatment at Sheba Medical Center?
The center is headed by Prof. Dr. Raanan Berger, who is the head of the Oncology Institute and Sheba Department of Clinical Trials, respected doctor of international class in urological oncology and radiotherapy. Despite that he is one of the main professionals of more than 30 clinical researches of Sheba Cancer Center.
Prostate cancer diagnostics include a detailed list of the consultations, surgical imaging procedures and laboratory tests, such as:
- Thorough examination (digital rectal examination), urologist and oncologist consultations;
- Detailed laboratory analyses (incl. PSA-test);
- Transrectal and transabdominal ultrasound;
- Prostate biopsy with histopathological analysis of tissue samples obtained;
- Bone scan;
- 3D CT;
Prostate cancer diagnostics program is strictly individual at Sheba Medical Center and varies from 2,700 to 3,800 USD. The examinations may be varied regardless the disease stage and ways of cancer spread. Clarify the price for treatment and diagnostic procedures costs on Bookimed website.
What are the prostate cancer treatment methods at Sheba Medical Center?
The most demanding and innovative prostate cancer treatment methods at Sheba Cancer Center are the following:
- Laparoscopic radical prostatectomy;
- Robot assisting radical prostatectomy using Da Vinci Surgical System;
- Brachytherapy, as well as transurethral prostate resection (under benign hyperplasia).
There are the following classic treatment methods:
- Radical prostatectomy traditional operation;
- Hormonal therapy and drug therapy.
Cancer Center "Davidoff" of Rabin Medical Center is the largest oncology clinic in Israel and the entire Middle East. Every fifth of Israeli citizens gets an aid of the cancer treatment here. The center treats patients with all types of cancer and hematological diseases (leukemia, osteomyelosclerosis, anemia, leukocytosis, and others). The Center includes the departments of radiation therapy, chemotherapy, integrative medicine, palliative therapy and dietology. Center operates with the following cutting-edge techniques for treatment: SBRT, IMRT, IGRT, Rapid Arc., SIRT.
Clinic Cancer Center “Herzliya” has thirty years of experience. Center staff takes trainings and gets skills in the best medical centers in the world. Each patient throughout the treatment period is accompanied by a personal manager and translator. Center Department of Diagnostic works quickly and professionally - for the entire period of the department’s activity there was no single case of misdiagnosis. The main pathologies treated in Cancer Center Herzliya are: leukemia, Hodgkin's lymphoma, lymphoblastic leukemia, myeloma, carcinoid tumor, branchiogenic tumor, lung cancer, melanoma, brain cancer and other cancers.