- The diagnostic methods of prostate cancer at Ichilov Hospital
- The cost of prostate cancer diagnostics at Ichilov Hospital
- The prostate cancer treatment methods at Ichilov Hospital
Why is Ichilov Hospital the leading center in prostate cancer treatment?
State Sourasky Medical Center Ichilov is in the TOP 5 oncology clinics of Israel. Prostate cancer diagnostics, examination and treatment is one of the most demanding activities of the hospital owing to multidisciplinary approach of the group of the best oncourologists of the country.
The operations are held by Dr. Meyer David Gershbaum M.D., world-known professional on urological robotic operations, who perfectly knows DaVinci Xi – the brand new model of Da Vinci Surgical System of 4th generation. Dr. Gershbaum is invited to the hospitals from all over the world for demonstration operations. He has held hundreds of successful operations in Israel and USA, having become the best urological surgeon of New-York and Israel.
What are the diagnostic methods of prostate cancer at Ichilov Hospital?
- Prostate palpation and PSA blood test (i.e. general clinical and biochemical blood tests);
- Tumor markers blood test;
- Urine tests;
- Transrectal prostate ultrasound (sonography);
- Biopsy followed by examination of the tissues under a microscope;
- CT and PET-CT for the detection of distant metastases.
The diagnostics takes 3 to 4 days.
What is the cost of prostate cancer diagnostics at Ichilov Hospital?
The total costs varies from 2,800 to 3,700 USD. The examinations may be varied regardless the disease stage and ways of cancer spread. Clarify the price for treatment and diagnostic procedures costs on Bookimed website.
What are the prostate cancer treatment methods at Ichilov Hospital?
Ichilov Hospital provides the brand new treatment methods, such as:
- Surgery (traditional abdominal surgery, laparoscopic prostatectomy, Da Vinci Surgical System of 4th generation);
- Radiation therapy (brachytherapy and IMRT);
- Hormone therapy;
- Focused ultasound ablation;
- Gene therapy;
- Targeted (molecularly oriented) therapy.
- The diagnostic methods of prostate cancer at Assuta Medical Center
- The cost of prostate cancer diagnostics at Assuta Medical Center
- The prostate cancer treatment methods at Assuta Medical Center
Why is Assuta Medical Center the leading center in prostate cancer treatment?
What doctors are the experts in prostate cancer treatment at Assuta Medical Center?
Diagnosis confirmation and treatment assignment are held under the supervision of Prof. Haim Matzkin, the leading oncourologist of the country and world-known surgeon-urologist. Despite this, he is the participant of the famous research projects in oncourology at the medical centers of Miami and Memphis. His team includes the professionals of the brand new treatment methods, who carry out successful operations of the prostate cancer at the latest stages of disease.
Prostate cancer diagnostics and examination takes from 3 to 4 days at Assuta Medical Center. The diagnostics includes:
- A blood test for prostate specific antigen (PSA);
- Digital rectal examination of the prostate;
- Gleason score cells evaluation.
What is the cost of prostate cancer diagnostics at Assuta Medical Center?
The total cost varies from 2,700 to 3,500 USD. The examinations may be varied regardless the disease stage and ways of cancer spread. Clarify the price for treatment and diagnostic procedures costs on Bookimed website.
What are the prostate cancer treatment methods at Assuta Medical Center?
Assuta Medical Center offers the following methods of the prostate cancer treatment:
- Surgery (laparoscopic method, da Vinci Surgical System, removal of the tumor through the urethra, open surgery);
- Radiation therapy (external radiation, brachytherapy);
- Hormone therapy.
Rambam Oncological Center is recognized as one of the leaders in Israel. A special feature of the center is the applying of the radiotherapy technologies and radioactive iodine in treatment. Treatment of patients is held outpatiently and inpatiently. Due to the close cooperation with leading European and US centers of cancer treatment, Rambam Center is introduced the most advanced and innovative technologies and equipment for cancer treatment from the best clinics in the world. Among them are the radio- and beam-therapy, brachytherapy, chemotherapy.
Prostate cancer treatment in Israel
One of the most common cancers among men is prostate cancer. The tumor affects the prostate gland, the organ involved in the sperm release and the process of ejaculation. The incident rate of this type of cancer shows it occupies the third place after lung and stomach cancers and the second place as the cause of men’s deaths from the cancer. The incident rate is more than 400,000 people in a year and it keeps steadily growing.
The causes of prostate cancer
Only in Israel:
- Surgical removal of the prostate tumor by means of the da Vinci Surgical System
- The innovative technique of ultrasound ablation
- The CyberKnife system of targeting radiotherapy
The causes of development and risk factors
The causes of cancer have not been yet identified. It has been associated with the excess concentrations of male hormone testosterone in blood. In addition, a multitude of observed factors significantly increases the risk of prostate cancer:
- age-related hormonal changes (75% of cases occur among men older than 65 years);
- unhealthy diet (high level of animal fats in food and low level of fiber);
- inherited predisposition to the disease;
- viruse infections (some type species of retroviruses);
- the environmental effect (e.g. UV radiation);
- the effect of cadmium (in rubber industry and typography etc.)
The occurrence of the prostate tumor is often proceeded by the following precancerous conditions:
- benign prostatic hyperplasia;
- intraepithelial neoplasia.
Symptoms of prostate cancer
The tumor of the prostate gland is characterized by two very unpleasant features. The first one is that the prostate cancer is almost free of symptoms at the early stages of its development. Symptoms appear after the tumor starting to spread throughout the body. These include:
- weak and stuttering urine stream;
- burning during urination;
- sensation of incomplete emptying of the urinary bladder. The result is increased frequency of urination and defecation;
- sometimes a decreased ejaculation and impotence may occur.
Further development of the disease defines other, more specific manifestations:
- the appearance of red blood cells in urine;
- the problem of urinary incontinence;
- pain in the pubic region and the perineum.
In addition, the patient can notice typical symptoms of most cancers as weakness, fatigue, absence of appetite and weight loss, fall in hemoglobin level in blood.
For the successful treatment, it is important to detect the disease as early as possible. For this purpuse men are recommended to make preventive checkups at least once a year. It is very important that these checkups to be carried out by experienced doctors. The leading experts of Israeli hospitals successfully diagnose prostate cancer at the early stages that allows to begin treatment in proper time.
Prostate cancer diagnostics in Israel
The diagnostic procedures for prostate cancer determination in Israel include both specific methods for malignant tumor detection and methods for determination of the expansion rate of metastases in the body. The first include:
- Digital rectal examination of the prostate. It is conducted to detect the induration of the prostate, the analysis of mobility, structure and other features of the organ.
- Ultrasonography of the prostate and urine bladder is the investigation of the prostate by means of ultrasonic wave. For a more detailed study it is also used Transrectal ultrasonography.
- Uroflowmetry is a study of urine flow rate.
- Blood tests for the tumor marker of a specific protein PSA, its level increases with the development of prostate tumor.
- Biopsy is an investigation of prostate cells and their estimation under the Gleason grading system. The material for investigation is taken with local anesthesia under ultrasound machine.
The following techniques are used to determine the spread of cancer in body:
- Ultrasonography of abdominal cavity organs.
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and X-ray computed tomography (CT scan) give images of internal organs by means of a magnetic field and X-ray radiation.
The data obtained as a part of the study, allows Israeli doctors to diagnose prostate cancer, determine the degree of its development as well as the level of aggression, and assign the optimal treatment.
Methods of prostate cancer treatment in Israel
The most preferred method of treatment at the early stages of prostate cancer is surgical treatment i.e. prostateсtomy. In the hospitals of Israel this surgery accounts as minimally invasive procedure and is produced by means of Da Vinci, modern robotic installation. It minimizes the risks of patient’s traumatism.
If surgery is contraindicated or metastasing takes place, the following treatment methods are used:
- Teleirradiation of tumor and nearby lymphs by means of CyberKnife system.
- Brachytherapy, the procedure of local irradiation by isotopes that are introducing into the tumor.
- Ultrasound ablation is the destruction of the tumor by ultrasound exposure.
- Cryoablation is the destruction of the tumor and the surrounding tissues by intervention of low-temperature materials.
It is noteworthly that prostate cancer can be well treated at its early stages.
At the later stages, prostate tumor is treated with radiation therapy, which is combined with hormone therapy. The aim of the hormone therapy is slowing the development of tumor by reducing testosterone level in blood. Chemotherapy and ultrasonic ablation are also applied at this stage.
Prostateсtomy (by means of surgical robot)
Radiation therapy, brachytherapy, ultrasonic ablation, cryoablation
Hormone therapy, radiation therapy, ultrasonic ablation
Hormone therapy, radiation therapy, chemotherapy, palliative treatment
Patient review on prostate cancer treatment in Israel
Rehabilitation and prevention of recurrence of prostate cancer in Israel
After completing the course of treatment the patient is observed in hospital for at least another 10-14 days. The Israeli hospitals develop an individual rehabilitation program for each patient. Typically it includes follow-up of patient and, if necessary, treatment by such experts:
- urologist (recovery of normal functioning of the bladder and intestines);
- andrologist (potency recovery);
- psychologist (psychic trauma management after treatment).
Recovery at resorts of the Dead Sea is also recommended.
After the rehabilitation, the patient returns home. Israeli Doctors recommend to repeate the course of rehabilitation after a year.
It is necessary to fulfill all directions of the attending doctor and undergo periodic examinations to prevent the recurrence of prostate cancer.
The cost of prostate cancer treatment in Israel
The cost of treatment in Israel depends on the occurrence of the disease, its stage, degree of tumor aggression and patient's individual characteristics. More information you can obtain from the specialists of the International Patients Support Center Bookimed.
|Identification of tumor markers||from 450 to 700$||from 500 to 800€||from 500 to 800€||from 200 to 400$||from 300 to 600$|
|Prostatectomy||from 22000 to 26000$||from 16000 to 24000€||from 16000 to 24000€||from 15000 to 25000$||from 15000 to 25000$|
- The diagnostic methods of prostate cancer at Sheba Medical Center
- The cost of prostate cancer diagnostics at Sheba Medical Center
- The prostate cancer treatment methods at Sheba Medical Center
Why is Sheba Medical Center the leading center in prostate cancer treatment?
What doctors are the experts in prostate cancer treatment at Sheba Medical Center?
The center is headed by Prof. Dr. Raanan Berger, who is the head of the Oncology Institute and Sheba Department of Clinical Trials, respected doctor of international class in urological oncology and radiotherapy. Despite that he is one of the main professionals of more than 30 clinical researches of Sheba Cancer Center.
Prostate cancer diagnostics include a detailed list of the consultations, surgical imaging procedures and laboratory tests, such as:
- Thorough examination (digital rectal examination), urologist and oncologist consultations;
- Detailed laboratory analyses (incl. PSA-test);
- Transrectal and transabdominal ultrasound;
- Prostate biopsy with histopathological analysis of tissue samples obtained;
- Bone scan;
- 3D CT;
What is the cost of prostate cancer diagnostics at Sheba Medical Center?
Prostate cancer diagnostics program is strictly individual at Sheba Medical Center and varies from 2,700 to 3,800 USD. The examinations may be varied regardless the disease stage and ways of cancer spread. Clarify the price for treatment and diagnostic procedures costs on Bookimed website.
What are the prostate cancer treatment methods at Sheba Medical Center?
The most demanding and innovative prostate cancer treatment methods at Sheba Cancer Center are the following:
- Laparoscopic radical prostatectomy;
- Robot assisting radical prostatectomy using Da Vinci Surgical System;
- Brachytherapy, as well as transurethral prostate resection (under benign hyperplasia).
There are the following classic treatment methods:
- Radical prostatectomy traditional operation;
- Hormonal therapy and drug therapy.
Cancer Center "Davidoff" of Rabin Medical Center is the largest oncology clinic in Israel and the entire Middle East. Every fifth of Israeli citizens gets an aid of the cancer treatment here. The center treats patients with all types of cancer and hematological diseases (leukemia, osteomyelosclerosis, anemia, leukocytosis, and others). The Center includes the departments of radiation therapy, chemotherapy, integrative medicine, palliative therapy and dietology. Center operates with the following cutting-edge techniques for treatment: SBRT, IMRT, IGRT, Rapid Arc., SIRT.
Clinic Cancer Center “Herzliya” has thirty years of experience. Center staff takes trainings and gets skills in the best medical centers in the world. Each patient throughout the treatment period is accompanied by a personal manager and translator. Center Department of Diagnostic works quickly and professionally - for the entire period of the department’s activity there was no single case of misdiagnosis. The main pathologies treated in Cancer Center Herzliya are: leukemia, Hodgkin's lymphoma, lymphoblastic leukemia, myeloma, carcinoid tumor, branchiogenic tumor, lung cancer, melanoma, brain cancer and other cancers.
Dan Carmel Haifa 5*