- Why do patients with prostate cancer choose Asklepios Hospital for the treatment?
- Brachytherapy for prostate cancer in Asklepios as the alternative to preserve potency
- Technical capabilities of the German Clinic in oncology treatment
- Radiation and other methods for prostate cancer treatment in Asklepios Hospital
Why do patients with prostate cancer choose Asklepios Hospital for the treatment?
Prostate oncology is a common disease among men demanding the most careful treatment methods. The side effects make an impact on the sexual function. The network of Asklepios Medical Centers includes oncology departments with highly specialized physicians - that means that they choose one direction and improve themselves in it. But the decision on treatment strategy in Asklepios is made by the council of doctors where the oncology specialists, urologists, radiologists and pathologists take an informed decision. 92% of the patients admitted to Asklepios Oncocenters at the 1st-2nd stage of prostate cancer receive full recovery. For the patients at the later cancer stages the Clinic offers palliative medicine.
Brachytherapy for prostate cancer in Asklepios as the alternative to save preserve potency
Against the background of distant irradiation of the whole body which still remains the main method of prostate cancer treatment in many countries, the specialized clinics practice targeted radiotherapy and brachyherapy. This technique is a process of temporary implantation of radio particles into the patient’s body as close to carcinoma as it is possible. Besides the clinic practices radiofrequency ablation, chemotherapy and others.
Technical capabilities of the German clinic in oncology treatment
Traditional operations in 80% of prostate cancer removal cases lead to loss of sexual power, so the surgery precision is crucial. Modern medicine achieves such precision with the assistance of the da Vinci robotic surgery system. Asklepios uses the device of the 4s generation, by means of which surgeon performs surgeries with minimum risks.
Oncology center Barmbek is situated on the clinic’s 3rd floor where the patient may receive consultation of related professionals. The Department is headed by the Oncology Professor Chief Dr.Axel Stang.
Radiation and other methods for prostate cancer treatment in Asklepios Hospital
- laparoscopic prostatectomy (minimum incisions);
- traditional surgical interference;
- irradiation on IMRT technology and immunotherapy for early stages.
The complex of the offered services also includes the installation of port-catheters, ascite drainages and targeted ultrasound radiofrequency ablation of tumors.
In additions, Asklepios doctors conduct genotyping of cancer cells in order to choose effective chemotherapy drugs for the treatment of prostate cancer. It is necessary to admit that Germany is a popular state for the treatment of this oncopathology - and patients should approve the date of their arrival at the clinic. You can do it with the help of the doctor-consultants of the International Patients Support Center Bookimed. Ask for the help right now!
- Prostate cancer diagnostic methods
- Total cost for prostate cancer diagnostics at Dusseldorf University Hospital
- Treatment methods
Why is Dusseldorf University Hospital one of the leading center in prostate cancer treatment?
The prostate cancer is one of the main professional targets of Department for Urology at Dusseldorf University Hospital.
The close cooperation of the hospital and R&D laboratory of the university allows to apply the innovative methods in diagnostics and treatment of the prostate cancer. The peculiar achievements in prostate surgeries, so-called keyhole surgery, contributed to certifying the Department for Urology as a professional Center for Prostate Carcinoma in 2012 by German Cancer Society.
What doctors are the experts in prostate cancer treatment at Dusseldorf University Hospita?
The Department for Urology was headed by Prof. Dr. Peter Alberts four years ago. He upgraded the department, updated the medical methods and systems of medical care, whereby made the Department one of the most modern medical establishments in Europe, focusing on urologic and oncologic diseases.
What are the prostate cancer diagnostic methods at Dusseldorf University Hospital?
- physical examination;
- transrectal ultrasound;
- prostate biopsy;
- urine hystological testing for microbiological and cytological examination;
- prostate cancer genetic testing;
- bones scan.
What is the cost for prostate cancer diagnostics at Dusseldorf University Hospital?
The total cost starts from 4,000 USD.
What are the treatment methods of the prostate cancer at Dusseldorf University Hospital?
The prostate cancer treatment is usually held by laparoscopic equipment:
- Special probes with video and tool nozzles supplied to the gland through the keyholes, i.e. tiny superficial incisions.
- The most progressive surgery is held by DaVinci Surgical System. It provides the unique precision of the actions by each surgical tool.
- Besides that the surgeon monitors the surgeries in zoom and in 3D.
- The robotic assistance is also applied in intrafascial surgeries, when the healthy and affected tissues are separated by strings.
Other kinds of progressive treatment are also applied under certain indications:
- hormone therapy;
- intensity modulated radiotherapy;
- radionuclide therapy;
- anaesthetic therapy.