- Effectiveness of osteosarcoma diagnostics in Helios
- Experience of Helios orthopedic oncologists in bone tissue tumors removal
- What protocol is chosen to treat children's osteosarcoma in the Clinic
- Cost of osteosarcoma therapy in Helios
Osteosarcoma (osteogenic sarcoma) treatment may be followed by amputation of extremity, where the tumor is localized, so it is extremely important to be sure of the diagnosis correctness.
Doctors in the Department of Oncology at Helios Medical Center while putting the osteosarcoma diagnosis and appointing treatment, practice comprehensive approach with multidisciplinary council to select therapeutic tactics.
When the diagnosis is confirmed, a patient undergoes chemotherapy to minimize the tumor size and eliminate possible metastasis. The success of the treatment depends on particular type of tumor, its location, early detection and response to presurgical chemotherapy treatment.
What is the diagnostics procedure in Helios Kliniken?
The researching program at suspicion on osteosarcoma in Helios Hospital include:
- bone tissue biopsy (the most informative investigation for this disease);
If metastasis are suspected, the following procedures will be added:
Authoritative German experts Prof. Dr. med. Robert Krempien and Dr. med. Stephan W. Tohtz, who have over 20 years of experience in practical and researching work in the treatment of patients with osteosarcoma, deal with malignant pathologies of bone tissue in the hospital.
For maximal malignant formation weakening during presurgical preparation, a patient will be appointed to undergo a course of chemotherapy with Adriblastina, Methotrexatum, and Aetoposidum. These drugs are included into the modern protocols of cancer treatment that have proven their effectiveness. In the German clinics, surgeries are attended by an expert pathologist. His aim is to see how the tumor responds to the preliminary chemotherapy. By virtue of evaluation of the pathologist, treating doctor corrects the subsequent therapy. After resection, chemotherapy follows.
- Patients after limb amputation surgery can apply to the Department of Plastic Surgery.
What protocol is chosen to treat children's osteosarcoma in Helios
German clinics adhere COSS protocols, developed by the researching group COSS (Cooperative German-Austrian-Swiss Osteosarcoma Study Group). In Germany, they were introduced in 2011 after the renewal of a number of indications in the study of pediatric osteosarcoma.
Cost of osteosarcoma therapy in Helios
Price for health care services will depend on the stage of the disease. Osteosarcoma is classified into three subtypes according to the degree of its aggressiveness. This rate also affects the method of treatment and prices. The approximate cost of examinations for osteosarcoma diagnosis in Germany varies between EUR 7,000 - 9,000.
You may get treatment options, based on your situation, as well as assistance in the rapid treatment organization abroad and detailing current price from the Doctor-Coordinator of the International Patient Support Center Bookimed.
The company has already helped 22,000 of patients to avoid payment intermediaries.
- Methods of oncologic diseases treatment
- Oncologists of Vivantes Medical Centers
- Cost for cancer treatment in Germany
Why are Vivantes Medical Centers some of the best on cancer treatment in Germany?
The treatment of cancer in Germany means the good chances to save lives of many patients from all over the world. Vivantes medical network is one of the largest medical groups in Europe, having four Departments of Oncology, admitting over 14,000 patients from all over the world annually. The modern equipment, the advanced diagnostic and treatment methods, as certainly high-qualified experts in oncology with many years of experience guarantee the efficient treatment of cancer. Vivantes Spandau, one of the biggest centers of oncology in Germany, is in the number of the medical centers of Vivantes.
What are the treatment methods of oncologic diseases applied at Vivantes Medical Centers?
Vivantes centers of oncology apply the modern equipment for diagnostics and treatment of the patients suffering from the latter cancer stages. The medical centers provide:
- Blood testing for tumor markers
- Transfusion medicine
- Biological therapy
- Hormonal therapy
- Substitutional therapy
- Palliative therapy
- Immunologic therapy
- Aspirational cytology etc.
Who are the oncologists at Vivantes Medical Centers?
Over 100 professional doctors provide the treatment of oncologic diseases at Vivantes Medical Centers. The treating doctor is consulted by the group of expert colleagues while working with every patient, resulting in unique efficient treatment program for the patient. One of the leading oncologists in Germany Prof. Ernst Spät-Schwalbe has managed Spandau Medical Center since 2001.
What is the cost of cancer treatment at Vivantes Medical Centers?
The cost for treatment of various kinds of cancer is significantly lower at Vivantes Medical Centers in Germany in comparison with Switzerland, Great Britain or the USA. By virtue of Bookimed website, patients from all over the world can pay for the medical services without any agents directly to the account of the Clinic. You can get the treatment program including the pricing now!
Why Solingen Clinic is recommended to the patients with cancer?
Solingen University Hospital (located at International University of Cologne) uses innovative protocols of chemotherapy, reducing the risk of recurrence and improves drug tolerance. Wide usage of radiosurgery and endoscopy make patients recover more quickly and leave less cosmetic defects after surgery.
Oncology Service is headed by Dr. Peter Emshermann, the world-known oncosurgeon. There are narrow specialists (oncosurgeons and chemotherapists) for tumors of any origin and localization.
Integrated oncology diagnostics in Solingen
- High-field MRI (of 1.5 T capacity) capable of detecting a tumor of the size of 1 mm;
- PET-CT and MSCT allow oncologists to find metastases in any place of the body;
- ductography, mammography, breast ultrasound are used for rapid diagnostics of breast cancer;
- biopsy, including evaluation of sentinel lymph nodes for determination the type of tumor and treatment tactics;
- determination of tumor markers, analysis of biomedical measurement
- biochemical analysis of indicators of cellular blood composition, urine and liquor.
Main types of medical aid in Solingen Oncology
- pancreatic head resection including preservation of the spleen and the pylorus;
- resection of tumors of the gastrointestinal tract
- surgical treatment of malignant tumors of the thyroid and parathyroid glands;
- liver cancer and biliary tract cancer surgeries;
- basal cell carcinoma removal, surgical treatment of squamous cell carcinoma;
- rapid diagnostics and removal of melanomas and potentially malignant naevi;
- treatment of cervical and uterine cancers;
- all types of mastectomy with simultaneous breast reconstruction;
- radiofrequency ablation of brain tumors by means of the CyberKnife system.
What is the cost of cancer treatment in German Solingen Clinic for foreign patients?
In Solingen Clinic, a foreign patient pays as much as a German citizen does. Only few medical institutions in Germany conduct the same price policy in relation to patients from other countries. The rest of the hospitals offer medical tourists the prices, that can differ even in times. Find out the exact cost of cancer treatment in the clinic of Solingen right now by ordering an individual treatment program at the International patients support center Bookimed.
Treatment of cancer pathology is performed in seven Charite Clinics united into one integrated Charite Comprehensive Cancer Center. Center is under the direction of Professor Ulrich Keilholz is one of the most famous and respected oncologists in Europe. The Centre includes the most innovative and professional modern equipment for the treatment of cancer, such as CyberKnife, linear accelerators, etc. Accurate diagnosis, individual approach to each patient and medical case allow disclosing the early stages of oncology, making each procedure or operation unique, quality and corresponding to the highest world standards.
- Early osteosarcoma diagnostics in Asklepios Kliniken: approaches and technical capabilities
- High stakes: the key factor of a decision of the extremity amputation in Asklepios Hospital
- Complex of chemotherapeutic agents in the osteosarcoma treatment
- Cost of treatment in Asklepios Clinic
Fighting for life, cancer patient do not have to waste their time on unqualified specialists. The hospital is specialized in the treatment of one of the most intractable forms of cancer - osteosarcoma. Patients chose the Department of Oncology in Asklepios Clinic because of:
- a professional team led by renowned oncologist Dr. Axel Stang;
- diagnostics at the early stages;
- concilium of specialized doctors in difficult cases;
- organ preservation surgery;
- possibility of out-patient treatment;
- psychological and spiritual support in the palliative care facility.
The main method is bone tumors resection by means of minimally invasive methods.
It’s highly important for osteosarcoma patients to be sure of the diagnosis, as far as the removal of bone cancer is accompanied by a possible extremity amputation.
Patients of the Asklepios Group of Hospitals make X-ray and bone biopsy to confirm/make an accurate diagnosis. To detect the possible metastases, the patient also undergoes MRI and sonography (ultrasound). Examination equipment, abovementioned MRI for instance, has its service life. Equipment replacement in Germany is performed in accordance with equipment life time.
Complex of chemotherapeutic agents in the osteosarcoma treatment
Level of the cured at early stages patients who saved the extremity in the clinic is more than 90% of the total.
Rehabilitation in Asklepios Clinic
The hospital offers services on the replacement of a part or whole the bone for qualitative implants made of plastic and metal.
Treatment cost in Asklepios
Your expenses for medical procedures and drugs will vary between EUR 90,000 - 100,000. The final amount will depend on the treatment duration, the type of chemotherapy, and the necessity of endoprosthesis replacement. The International Patient Support Center Bookimed will help you with all organizational issues.