- Diagnostics of osteosarcoma
- Cost of complex examination in the Sourasky Hospital
- Methods of osteosarcoma treatment
Why is Ichilov Hospital one of the best centers for the treatment of osteosarcoma?
Ichilov (Sourasky) is among the three highly authoritative medical centers in Israel. For the successful treatment of patients with osteosarcoma hospital has a number of advantages:
- leading oncologists of the country;
- low prices (due to the state status of the clinic);
- multidisciplinary approach during the treatment (councils of related specialists);
- the maximum period for making an accurate diagnosis is 48 hours;
- sparing methods of treatment and surgeries;
- all the doctors of clinic are constantly in the clinic, so the patient will not waste time waiting for the required doctor.
This type of sarcoma is almost symptom-free at the initial stages. This significantly complicates the timely definition of the diagnosis. Early diagnostics with the use of modern technologies in the Ichilov Clinic is able to save the patient's life.
The following procedures are carried out for the examination:
What is the cost of a comprehensive examination?
Each patient gots a set of procedures for the examination, so the price is individual. The estimated cost of a comprehensive examination is $4,000-5,000. You can find out the exact price of complex diagnostics right now!
What types of osteosarcoma treatment are applied in Ichilov Hospital?
The Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center uses the most up-to-date methods of osteosarcoma treatment, which gives a high chances of survival and the preservation of the affected bones and extremities.
The following methods are applied for the treatment:
- Surgery without amputation is possible for removal only small local areas of bone where the cancer is concentrated;
- Sparing surgeries save the extremities, and areas of bone that is removed are immediately replaced with modern prostheses;
- Radiation therapy is used to destroy the cancer cells that remain after surgery or when removal of the affected bone was impossible;
Chemotherapy is almost often combined with radiotherapy or surgery for the removal of tumor residue, or if there is no possibility of its removal.
- Complex diagnostics of osteosarcoma in Assuta Medical Center
- How to treat osteosarcoma in Assuta Clinic
- Cost of osteosarcoma treatment in Assuta
Why is Assuta Clinic recommended to the patients with osteosarcoma?
An authoritative private clinic of Israel Assuta employs some of the leading oncologists and chemotherapists of Israel:
- Prof. Ilan Ron, Head of Oncology;
- Dr. Ella Tepper (an oncologist of the Highest Category Board Certified);
- Dr. Pepper Rafael is an expert on the radiotherapeutic techniques.
- Prof. Shmuel Dekel is one of the most experienced doctors conducted endoprosthesis replacement of the country.
Oncological therapists of Assuta prescribe the innovative regimens of chemotherapy that increase survival rate and curability of patients. Operating rooms are fitted with all necessary equipment for surgical interventions at all stages of osteosarcoma.
What is the diagnostic procedure of osteosarcoma in Assuta?
- examination by an oncologist and an oncological surgeon with following examination by a traumatologist;
- biochemistry of blood, tumor markers (if necessary);
- radiography and scintigraphy of the affected area;
- MRI to determine the stage of the disease;
- PET-CT and MSCT for metastases searching;
- biopsy of formation, histology.
The price for the treatment of osteosarcoma in Assuta
- Standard X-ray - $50;
- PET-CT - $2,000;
- MRT- $1,800;
- CT- $550;
- consultation of specialized professionals - $400-600.
If the disease is spreading, the volume of prescriptions, diagnostic methods and treatment will increase. You can find out the exact prices on the website of Bookimed company (aid for free).
Methods of osteosarcoma treatment in Assuta
- sparing surgical removal of the focus and metastasis. Assuta doctors do their best to preserve healthy tissues and avoid disability of the patient;
- total joint replacement or shaft of a bone with expressed defects;
- amputation of the extremity if total affection by the disease;
- removal of metastases in other organs (typical places of the lungs, liver);
- chemotherapy, including targeted administration of drugs (targeted chemotherapy);
- radiotherapy – the cells of the tumor body are suppressed with directional radiation;
- immunotherapy – to stimulate the growth of bone cells and prevention of appearance of distant metastasis.
The effectiveness of the treatment of osteosarcoma in Assuta Medical Center
- 90% of curability when referring to the 1st stage of the process;
- 75% of curability and 85% five-year survival at 2 and stage;
- The survival rate is more than 40% in patients at stage 3-4 of osteosarcoma.
- Treatment of osteosarcoma in Rambam Clinic
- Methods of diagnostics of osteosarcoma at Rambam Medical Center
- Cost of osteosarcoma treatment in Rambam Hospital
- Principles of treatment of osteosarcoma in Rambam
- experienced oncologists. Rambam has specialists in children bone oncopathology, such as Dr. Sergey Postovsky;
- modern diagnostic equipment;
- oncological surgeons perform sparing surgeries to remove sarcomas, saving money on prostheses and rescuing the patients from disability;
- in Ram Bam Clinic doctors apply the latest regimens of chemotherapies, which increases the survival rate of patients.
Steps in osteosarcoma diagnostics in Rambam
- examination by an oncologist, traumatologist, and if necessary, hematologist and other related professionals;
- Analysis of incoming medical records, biopsies (if there are any);
- X-ray, scintigraphy, densitometry (to solve the problem of endoprosthesis replacement);
- MRI of the affected area;
- blood tests, determination of level of tumor markers;
- biopsy under ultrasound or CT;
- PET-CT is recommended for the high spreading of the disease or invasiveness of atypical cells (is determined by histology of bioptic material).
Cost of osteosarcoma diagnostics in Rambam Clinic
- Consultation of the oncologist - $500;
- X-ray - $60;
- PET-CT $1,800;
- MRI from $1,600 to $2,400.
Prices for the diagnostics of osteosarcoma in Rambam Hospital can be specified beforehand (on the website of Bookimed Company). The volume of examination depends on the stage of osteosarcoma, tumor spreading and comorbidities.
The main directions of the osteosarcoma treatment at Rambam Medical Center are:
- bone microsurgery, i.e. removal of small formations without organ dysfunction;
- sparing resection, restore of mobility through the endoprosthesis. The Rambam Clinic makes hundreds of joint replacements a year;
- amputation of the affected limb, removal of large metastases;
- chemotherapy, radiation of the focus, immunotherapy is carried out to limit the disease and prevent a recurrence;
- if necessary, chemotherapy can be considered as a massive version of allogeneic bone marrow transplantation.
The effectiveness of the treatment of osteosarcoma at the Medical Center:
- survival rate of patients with localized forms of osteosarcoma in Rambam Clinic makes up to 70% (stage 1-3a of the disease) in adults;
- more than 80% of children are fully cured.
Patients with osteosarcomas localized in the extremities, have these figures higher by 5% on average.
Sheba Medical Center is a unique clinic as it is the only one of all medical centers in Europe and the Middle East, having signed the contract of research and development cooperation with the most famous and respected center of cancer treatment, i.e. American MD Anderson Cancer Center..
Sheba Center of Oncology has all the modern treatment technologies and programs for the patients suffering from the ontological diseases nowadays, as well as the innovative equipment for diagnostics, prevention and treatment of cancer.
What are the diagnostic and treatment procedures of cancer at Sheba Center of Oncology?
Sheba Clinic provides the innovative treatment method of 360° oncology CARE. This is not just the search of efficient methods of cancer treatment, but also the selection of individual treatment program and maximal care for the needs of the patients.
The following comprehensive examinations are appointed for the patient before the treatment in order to put the diagnosis:
- Blood testing for tumor markers
- Genetic diagnostics etc.
The individual treatment program is set up after the precise diagnosis is put, including:
- Surgical treatment, i.e. full and partial resections, prosthesis installation, application of the da Vinci Surgical System and the Cyber-Knife System
- Biological therapy
- Hormone therapy
- Immunologic therapy
- Rehabilitation etc.
What is the cost for cancer treatment at Sheba Center of Oncology?
The prices for cancer treatment in Israel are much lower than in Europe or the USA, while the treatment efficiency and service level can be even higher.
The foreign patients can be treated in Sheba Hospital without any agents by virtue of Bookimed service. The treatment program is developed for each patient individually as you can order the treatment program including the exact pricing now!
Cancer Center "Davidoff" of Rabin Medical Center is the largest oncology clinic in Israel and the entire Middle East. Every fifth of Israeli citizens gets an aid of the cancer treatment here. The center treats patients with all types of cancer and hematological diseases (leukemia, osteomyelosclerosis, anemia, leukocytosis, and others). The Center includes the departments of radiation therapy, chemotherapy, integrative medicine, palliative therapy and dietology. Center operates with the following cutting-edge techniques for treatment: SBRT, IMRT, IGRT, Rapid Arc., SIRT.
Clinic Cancer Center “Herzliya” has thirty years of experience. Center staff takes trainings and gets skills in the best medical centers in the world. Each patient throughout the treatment period is accompanied by a personal manager and translator. Center Department of Diagnostic works quickly and professionally - for the entire period of the department’s activity there was no single case of misdiagnosis. The main pathologies treated in Cancer Center Herzliya are: leukemia, Hodgkin's lymphoma, lymphoblastic leukemia, myeloma, carcinoid tumor, branchiogenic tumor, lung cancer, melanoma, brain cancer and other cancers.
Dan Carmel Haifa 5*