John de Groot
Thomas A. Aloia
David B Sokol
Possesses the title of Colorectal and Robotic Surgeon of Excellence by Surgical Review Corporation (SRC).
Has performed over 4,000 robotized operations since 2011.
Has written 43 international articles about surgical treatment of digestive cancers.
Repeatedly obtained numerous awards for scientific oral and video presentations.
A member of several well-known international associations of abdominal surgeons and oncologists and Society of European Coloproctology.
Review author for 14 international scientific journals.
During the last 5 years Prof. Oktar Asoglu managed to conduct over 4,000 operations using the da Vinci robot.
Such a rich experience allowed him to become one of the main Turkish representatives in the branch of laparoscopic and robotized abdominal surgery of various injuries and cancers of alimentary tract.
Nowadays, he combines his clinical practice with research and pedagogic activities, meaning, holds two appointments at the same time: the Chief of the General Surgery Unit at LIV Hospital and a Professor at Istanbul University.
Education: Oktar Asoglu graduated from Akdeniz University, Faculty of Medicine and then continued his education at Istanbul University, Faculty of Medicine until he became a general surgeon in 1996.
Academic experience: Has achieved a grade of Assistant Professor in 2000 and a scholastic Associate Professor degree in 2005. Was conferred with Professor degree in 2010 at Istanbul University. Due to scientific significance of his research studies, Prof. O. Asoglu was honored to be sci. secretary at several international scientific surgical congresses.
Improving of practical qualification in a number of international prestigious universities and medical centers:
- Training courses on Robotic Surgery at Paris Medical University;
- International scholarship at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, USA;
- Training on laparoscopic surgery of stomach, colorectal, hepatopancreatobiliary system cancers in the Mayo Clinic, Department of General Surgery, USA;
- General surgery practicing in German Hospital, Baku;
- Van 100-bed Military Hospital (compulsory service).
Your request has been submitted successfully Our Doctor-Coordinator will contact you in the short term
Что-то пошло не так! Попробуйте еще раз
- Fast response on your request
- Medical coordinator informs you on all treatment options
- No hidden or extra fees
- Transfer and accomodation assistance
*Your contact information will be used only for medical consultation and won't be shared.