The best places for laser eye surgery are presented in the Bookimed list below. The ranking is based on our Medical Doctors’ expert opinion, the patients’ reviews, and the laser eye center costs.
100% is a success rate of the laser vision surgeries. Patients get rid of the glasses and contact lenses after the eye correction procedures. 98% of all people are satisfied with the results of the surgery. The laser eye operations are useful for persons with myopia, presbyopia, hyperopia, and astigmatism.
The laser operation for eyes cost depends on the chosen method, country, and medical center. Refer to the clinics' catalog to learn how expensive is laser eye surgery and what is included in the price.
Asklepios Eye Clinic is the most significant laser vision center in Northern Germany. The Center is among the best ophthalmologic facilities in Europe.
Ophthalmologists of the Center perform laser eye surgeries to treat retinal and scleral diseases. An eye doctor determines the method of the laser operation after the complete examination. The diagnostics usually includes the visual acuity test, the intraocular pressure diagnostic, the visual fields exams, and the eye fundus test.
Laser surgeries are the outpatient procedures. A patient shouldn't stay at the Hospital after the operation. The laser operation for eyes cost depends on the disease stage and its severity, the chosen technique.
Asklepios Hospital Barmbek offers to perform laser eye surgery from $1400 to $5150. The hospital ranking is 4.6 according to 53 patient reviews. The medical center is located in Hamburg, Germany. This hospital is typically chosen by patients from Iraq. The travel arrangement takes 6 days. The medical center provides a patient with paid airport-clinic transfer, paid clinic-airport transfer and translator. Feel free to request Bookimed to compare the prices and costs of laser eye surgery in Germany and make a shortlist of the most suitable clinics.
Ophthalmologists of Noviy Zir perform the laser vision surgery applying the LASIK and its kinds for the patients with nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism.
Laser correction is painless. It is an outpatient procedure. The laser surgery takes 20-60 seconds. A patient is under local anesthesia during the operation.
100% is a success rate of the laser eye surgeries at the Center. Noviy Zir ophthalmologists save over 30-40% of the cornea during the laser procedures.
The Eris and Amaris laser units help an eye doctor to watch the patient’s eye movements during the procedure. It makes the laser beam affect the corneal layer more acuity.
In the Laser Eye Center prices depend on the method and technique applied.
Ophthalmologists of Bumrungrad Eye Center provide one of the best laser eye surgeries in the world. Doctors apply LASIK and ReLex Smile methods of the laser vision procedures. Patients with myopia, presbyopia, hyperopia, and astigmatism receive the laser therapy here.
Patients should undergo the complete diagnostics before the laser eye surgeries. The screening program includes the general eye exam, visual acuity test, corneal curvature test, retinal thickness exam, etc.
Bumrungrad International Hospital is among the best centers providing laser eye surgery abroad. Ophthalmologists offer the lower laser operation for eyes cost compared to the American, Australian, British or German eye clinics. But the healthcare services are on the same level.
Bumrungrad International Hospital offers to perform laser eye surgery from $2950 to $4650. The hospital ranking is 4.3 according to 40 patient reviews. The medical center is located in Bangkok, Thailand. The travel arrangement takes 5 days. Feel free to request Bookimed to compare the prices and costs of laser eye surgery in Thailand and make a shortlist of the most suitable clinics.
Centro Médico Teknon is one of the best places to get laser eye surgery in Europe. Eye specialists of the Center perform the laser operations with the excimer laser.
Teknon ophthalmologists provide high-quality eye services to solve the patient’s visual problems. Eye doctors of the Center treat myopia, astigmatism, and hypermetropia with LASIK technique. This optical correction method helps to improve vision, stop wearing glasses and contact lenses.
Teknon eye specialists provide the laser surgery using the Zyoptix method. It is a personalized type of excimer laser treatment. Applying the Zyoptix approach, eye doctors of the Center offer the patients the most suitable eye treatment option in each particular case.
Sourasky ophthalmologists perform the laser eye surgery for vision correction. Patients with the nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism undergo the laser vision procedures here.
Before the laser eye procedure, a patient has to undergo the complete diagnostics. The standard exams program contains optical coherence tomography (OCT), ultrasound of the eye, visual field test, and eye angiogram.
The laser operation for eyes cost and the quality of services at Sourasky Medical Center is on the same level as in German hospitals.
Sourasky Medical Center offers to perform laser eye surgery from $9300. The hospital ranking is 4.4 according to 90 patient reviews. The medical center is located in Tel Aviv, Israel. The travel arrangement takes 2 days. The medical center provides a patient with free airport-clinic transfer, paid clinic-airport transfer and translator. Feel free to request Bookimed to compare the prices and costs of laser eye surgery in Israel and make a shortlist of the most suitable clinics.
What is corrective eye surgery?
The laser (refractive) eye surgery is a set of procedures to correct the common vision problems.
The operative vision correctness help to stop wearing glasses and contact lenses.
What vision problems does the laser surgery solve?
Ophthalmologists of the laser vision centers offer the corrective operations in cases of:
- Myopia (near sight, nearsightedness) is a vision abnormality when a person sees only the close objects, but the farther away ones are blurred. The near sight is 1 of 3 leading blindness causes. 30% of people worldwide are myopic.
- Hyperopia (farsightedness, hypermetropia) is the widespread vision condition when a person sees the distant objects more clearly in comparison with the close ones. 15% of people with refractive problems are hypermetropic.
- Presbyopia is a loss of possibility to focus on the objects in the aged people. 1.3 billion people over the world have presbyopia. Most often presbyopia occurs after age of 40.
- Astigmatism is the optic condition that makes the eye to focus incorrectly and causes the blurred vision. It is a common eye impairment in children and adults. Over 45% of people worldwide have astigmatism.
How does the refractive surgery repair the eyes impairments?
Eye doctors perform the laser vision surgery for people aged 18-55. The refractive procedures are the best treatment options for persons who have:
- astigmatism from -1,0 to 15,0 diopters
- farsightedness from +1,0 to 6,0 diopters
- nearsightedness from ± 0,5 to ± 5,0 diopters.
With any visual impairment, the image of the surrounding objects does not focus on the retina of the eye.
The main aim of the laser vision correction is to change the shape of the cornea. It makes the image of objects fall precisely on the retina of the eye.
Laser vision surgery: to be or not to be?
Several million of the laser eye surgeries are performed over the world annually. The vision correction surgeries are considered the most effective and safest visual treatments for over 20 years.
What are the advantages of the laser eye procedures?
- Safety. 99% of the laser eye surgeries are successful. It means that there are no complications and side effects of the refractive therapy.
- Suitable for any visual impairment treatment. 20/20 vision without glasses or contact lenses after the surgery. If a patient has no contraindications, the laser eye correction can restore vision in the patients with myopia, hyperopia, astigmatism, presbyopia.
- Appropriate at any age. Patients aged 18 to 55 are the optimal candidates for this procedure.
- Surgery time. The operation itself takes a few seconds to a minute. The rest of the time is spent on preparatory procedures and takes 10 minutes per eye.
- No pain. Doctors of the laser vision centers apply the anesthetic drops. They block pain sensitivity entirely. A patient feels only touches and pressure at some phases of the operation.
- Outpatient basis. There is no need to stay in an eye laser clinic after the procedure. A patient comes back home in 1 hour after the correction.
- Quick recovery period. A patient may notice the 1st results in 2 hours after the laser eye surgery. During a few days to several weeks vision stabilizes completely.
- Predictable results. A patient may rely on the visual acuity that s/he has in glasses or lenses before the correction.
- Stability of the operation results. After the laser correction of vision, the shape of the cornea persists for life (if a patient does not have progressive myopia).
Refractive eye surgery steps
All the types of the laser correction procedures consist of 3 steps:
- Creation of the superficial corneal flap with the help of microkeratome or laser. The flap is taken away as a page of the book.
- The laser beam changes the shape of the cornea according to the patient’s characteristics.
- Returning of the corneal flap to its original position and its engraftment without stitches and scars.
Laser eye surgery: types and features
- LASIK (Laser-Assisted in situ Keratomileusis) is the most common kind of the laser operations. Performing the procedure, ophthalmologists take into account the individual features of the patient's cornea structure. Specialists of the laser vision centers carry out the LASIK surgery with the microkeratome or the femtosecond laser. The patients have a good vision at all distances without glasses or lenses.
97% of the LASIK surgeries are successful. 7 out of 10 patients have 20/20 vision after the LASIK procedure. Over 95% of all patients are satisfied with the LASIK results.
- LASEK/PRK (Photorefractive Keratectomy/Laser Subepithelial Keratomileusis) is the refractive surgery method for vision correction in cases of contraindications to LASIK procedures. For example, when a patient has too thin cornea, the LASIK therapy is impossible. Ophthalmologists perform the LASEK surgery using the excimer laser. During the first 3 days after PRK surgery, a patient feels discomfort and pain. It is the primary disadvantage of the LASEK procedure.
The recovery period after the LASEK lasts 3-4 days. The visual improvement is noticed in 3 days after the procedure.
- ReLEx SMILE (Small Incision Lenticule Extraction) is the most innovative type of the laser vision correction. Eye doctors perform the SMILE operation with the femtosecond laser of high precision. The procedure takes 23 seconds. A specialist makes no incisions during the process. There are no risks and side effects of the ReLEx SMILE. The surgery is suitable for the treatment of visual impairment at all stages.
Over 700,000 people in 60 countries worldwide are treated with the ReLex SMILE procedure annually.
100% is a success rate of the ReLEx SMILE operations. 98% of patients are satisfied with the results of the procedure. 97% of people are willing to recommend the SMILE to their family and friends.
How much does laser eye surgery cost?
How much does it cost for laser eye surgery? There is no absolute answer to this question. The laser operation for eyes cost depends on the number of factors.
- Laser vision center location. The prices for the laser eye surgery vary from country to country dramatically. The main reason for this is the economic development of the state. In the highly developed countries (the USA, Germany, Spain, the UK) the procedure is over 50% higher than in the less developed nations (Thailand, India, Turkey).
- Eye laser clinic status. The state clinics provide the cheap laser eye surgery cost. But the healthcare services are of the poor standard. The private laser eye centers show the best results in the refractive therapy, but the prices for the procedures are much higher.
- Laser eye surgery type. The laser eye center costs depend on the procedure chosen by a patient. The ReLex SMILE surgery is approximately 15% higher than the LASIK procedure. And the LASEK one is performed with the cheap laser eye surgery cost in comparison with SMILE and LASIK.
- Additional services. The laser operation for eyes cost may include pre- and postoperative care, meals, accommodation (if needed), medicaments. Some laser vision centers provide the extra charges for these services. Be attentive and clarify the information about the price policy at a center!
Laser eye surgery abroad
The healthcare standards in the Indian laser eye centers comply with high world standards. Eye specialists in India offer the widest range of services in the world. The main advantage of the Indian medical system is the affordable prices for the high-qualitative services. India is considered the cheapest country for laser eye surgery. The costs for the laser vision surgery here are 40-100% less expensive than in the other Asian and European states.
Spain is one of the best countries for laser eye surgery in the world. Spanish laser vision centers present the top healthcare system in the globe. It has been awarded the 7th rank worldwide for the high quality of medical care by the World Health Organization (WHO). The laser operation for eyes cost in Spain is 70% lower than in the USA and the UK.
Over 1 million medical tourists from over the world visit Thailand every year. Phuket and Bangkok are the leading medical destinations for Thai medical tourism. The cities offer the modern healthcare infrastructure, staying in the centers looking like the luxury resorts, and delicious Thai food. The cheap laser eye surgery costs accompany excellent quality of the ophthalmological services here. Medical tourists may save up to 75% of the money in Thailand compared to the USA, Australia, the UK.
Germany is among the best places for laser eye surgery over the globe. Over 200,000 medical tourists choose the German laser vision centers due to their excellent quality annually. German eye specialists offer the techniques and procedures that are not available in the less developed countries. Ophthalmologists are included in the eye surgeons top lists over the world according to Forbes magazine. The laser operation for eyes cost here is higher than in the Asian or Eastern European countries. But in comparison with the American and British laser eye centers, the prices in Germany are 15% lower.
Due to the high quality of the private medical facilities and the cost affordability, Ukraine has become very popular among the medical tourists. Ukrainian eye doctors offer the cheapest laser eye surgery in Europe. The prices here are up to 50% lower than in Germany, or Spain. Along with Thailand, India, Latvia, and Turkey, Ukraine is the cheapest place to get laser eye surgery in the world.
How to choose the best country for laser eye surgery
- Submit a request on Bookimed website.
- Tell our Medical Doctor about the vision problem bothering you.
- Listen to the laser therapy options that the Doctor will offer you.
- Choose the best option taking into account laser operation for eyes cost, doctor’s experience, and medical center status.
- Arrive at a hospital and get the success laser eye surgery abroad. Our Medical Doctor will be in touch with you during your medical trip.
How much does laser eye surgery cost ?
Doctors calculate the cost of the laser eye surgery individually for each patient. The price may depend on the hospital's reputation and doctor's experience. You may get the final laser eye surgery cost only after the consultation with a doctor.
32 clinics are represented in the ranking. According to their data, the approximate laser eye surgery cost is:
- The average cost is $3200. The lowest price is $1200 and the highest — $9300.
Kyung Hee University Hospital at Gangdong, also known as KUIMS, is a multidisciplinary medical facility in Seoul (capital of South Korea).
KUIMS is a first and only global center that combines different medical approaches in one facility — international medicine with the traditional one.
Oncology, medical check-ups, orthopedics, and dentistry are the leading specialties at Kyung Hee University Medical Center.
The center is a medical partner of the FIFA World Cup Korea/Japan and is recognized as an outstanding facility by WHO and UNICEF.
1,500,000 patient visit KUIMS annually.
Gangnam Severance Hospital is a large multidisciplinary medical center in Seoul, South Korea. The hospital specializes in oncology, neurosurgery, neurology, cardiology, and check-up (complex diagnostics).
Gangnam Severance Hospital has received JCI accreditation, a global organization that evaluates the clinics across the globe for safety and high-quality medical services. That means the hospital complies with international healthcare standards.
The hospital is the 1st in South Korea to perform lung transplant.
Severance Hospital in Korea is an international multidisciplinary clinic at Yonsei University, located in Seoul South Korea. Yonsei Severance Hospital's Health System includes: oncology and rehabilitation centers, pediatric and women's clinics, cardiovascular center and Clinic of Ophthalmology and Otolaryngology. The Hospital has been certified by JCI (Joint Commission International) and serves 1.6 million outpatients annually.
Ospedale San Raffaele in Milan is one of the largest research hospitals in Europe. It applies exclusive methods for rare immune system and genetic diseases treatment.
Among its achievements — the world's first stem cell therapy for patients with severe combined immune deficiency disorder.
Oncology, oncohematology, neurosurgery, cardiac surgery, and gynecology are the strongest specialities here.
Surgeons of the medical center perform over 50,000 operations annually.
Klinikum Bremen-Mitte is a multidisciplinary hospital included in the network of medical centers Gesundheit Nord (Nord Klinik Allianz). Bremen-Mitte specializes in oncology, orthopedics, surgery, neurology, and neurosurgery.
In 2015-2016, Focus magazine, an authoritative German edition, included the hospital in the TOP of the leading medical institutions in Germany. The rating is based on patients’ reviews and doctors’ qualifications.
40,000 patients choose Klinikum Bremen-Mitte for treatment every year.
Bremen-Mitte Clinic offers to perform laser eye surgery from $2300. The hospital ranking is 4.3 according to 23 patient reviews. The medical center is located in Bremen, Germany. The travel arrangement takes 5 days. The medical center provides a patient with paid airport-clinic transfer, paid clinic-airport transfer and translator. Feel free to request Bookimed to compare the prices and costs of laser eye surgery in Germany and make a shortlist of the most suitable clinics.
EuroEyes is a specialized ophthalmology clinic in Hamburg, Germany.
20,000 patients with cataracts, myopia, hyperopia, astigmatism, and presbyopia are treated here every year.
Doctors of the clinic apply the latest methods of laser correction — ReLEx Smile, LASIK, Femto-LASIK. These methods are minimally invasive. With the help of these techniques, ophthalmologists affect the cornea and improve vision.
Over 500,000 patients have been treated in EuroEyes Medical Network.
EuroEyes Clinic offers to perform laser eye surgery from $2250. The hospital ranking is 5.0 according to 1 patient reviews. The medical center is located in Hamburg, Germany. Feel free to request Bookimed to compare the prices and costs of laser eye surgery in Germany and make a shortlist of the most suitable clinics.
Global Hospital (Gleneagles Global Health City) is a multidisciplinary hospital in Chennai, India.
The hospital is the best medical facility for the organ transplant in the country and the world’s leader in the number of successful liver transplants (over 1,000). Doctors are the 1st in India to perform minimally invasive lung and combined heart-kidney transplants.
Gleneagles Global Health City specializes in the organ and bone marrow transplant, cardiology, pulmonology (treatment of the lungs), and oncology.
Global Hospital Chennai is a part of Gleneagles Global Hospitals Medical Group, which accepts 2 mln patients annually.
Spreebogen Eye Clinic is one of the best places for laser eye surgery in Germany and Europe. Ophthalmologists of the Center treat ametropia (myopia, hyperopia, astigmatism, and others) with the laser techniques.
LASIK, PRK, and LASEK methods of the laser vision correction are available in the Clinic. Eye doctors use the IntraLase femtosecond and excimer lasers. It means that the procedure is low traumatic and safe.
The laser operation for eyes cost depends on the vision correction method and the severity of patient’s condition. The price is determined individually in each particular case.
Spreebogen Ophthalmology Clinic offers to perform laser eye surgery from $1400. The hospital ranking is 4.0 according to 1 patient reviews. The medical center is located in Berlin, Germany. The travel arrangement takes 5 days. The medical center provides a patient with paid airport-clinic transfer, paid clinic-airport transfer and translator. Feel free to request Bookimed to compare the prices and costs of laser eye surgery in Germany and make a shortlist of the most suitable clinics.
Memorial Şişli Hospital in Istanbul is the largest multidisciplinary medical center in Istanbul. It is the 1st hospital in Turkeу and the 21st in the world accredited by Joint Commission International (JCI) for the high quality of treatment.
Memorial Şişli specialties are the following: oncology, bone marrow transplant, in vitro fertilization (IVF), neurosurgery, and organ transplant. The success rate of organ transplant at Memorial is 90%.
Patients from 92 countries choose Memorial Şişli for treatment annually.
Memorial Şişli Hospital offers to perform laser eye surgery from $1500 to $2050. The hospital ranking is 4.5 according to 39 patient reviews. The medical center is located in Istanbul, Turkey. The travel arrangement takes 5 days. The medical center provides a patient with translator, free airport-clinic transfer and free clinic-airport transfer. Feel free to request Bookimed to compare the prices and costs of laser eye surgery in Turkey and make a shortlist of the most suitable clinics.
Ophthalmologists of Navarra Hospital (Clinica Universidad de Navarra) have been carrying out the laser correction surgeries for over 20 years. Eye surgeons of the Center are among the best in Spain due to their vast experience.
In the Laser Eye Center cost includes the surgery and the repetitive operation in 6 months (if needed). Before the laser operation, a patient should undergo the complete eye diagnostics.
The laser operation for eyes cost contains the examinations only if a patient undergoes the laser surgery at the Center. In cases when a patient does not agree to the laser surgery, the diagnostics cost is paid additionally.
Hisar Hospital Intercontinental is a multispecialty medical center in Turkey, Istanbul.
The medical center specializes in pediatric and adult cardiovascular surgery, orthopedics, oncology.
Hisar Hospital is certified by JCI (Joint Commission International) that confirms compliance with international standards of treatment quality and safety.
Patients from European, Middle Eastern, and Asian countries choose Hisar Hospital.
Manipal Hospitals represent Clinical Unit of private Indian company Manipal Education & Medical Group (MEMG), one of the leading healthcare centers in India with more than fifty years of experience in the field of medical care. Today, Manipal Hospitals is the third largest health care provider in India offering comprehensive medical care. Manipal Group includes 15 hospitals and 3 clinics, located in six states of the country, as well as in Nigeria and Malaysia. The network of Manipal Hospitals annually serves about 2,000,000 patients from India and abroad.
Seoul National University Bundang Hospital is one of the most innovative multidisciplinary medical centers in Korea.
It is the 1st digital hospital in the country. The hospital is equipped witg BESTcare system that allows avoiding medical errors, improving treatment safety and effectiveness.
Bundang specializes in general and abdominal surgery, oncology, orthopedics and traumatology.
1,500,000 patients undergo treatment at in hospital every year.
Asklepios Nord is the largest multidisciplinary hospital in Hamburg. It is included in the biggest medical network in Germany — Asklepios Kliniken.
Pediatrics, neurosurgery, gastroenterology, ophthalmology, maxillofacial surgery are the main specialties at Asklepios Nord.
Asklepios Nord is regularly ranked among TOP hospitals in Germany for dentistry, ophthalmology, proctology.
72,000 patients receive treatment in the hospital annually.
Memorial Atasehir Hospital is a private multidisciplinary hospital in Istanbul which belongs to the large Memorial Healthcare Group. The Memorial Atasehir specialties are organ transplant (with 99.5% success rate for liver and 99% for kidney), in vitro fertilization (65% success rate), oncology, cardio- and neurosurgery.
The hospital has Joint Commission International (JCI) certificate for the compliance with international treatment standards, quality, and safety. JCI is a global organization that controls the quality of medical services worldwide.