✔️You are looking for the most appropriate treatment option or consultation with an ophthalmologist, but do not know how to manage it? Bookimed Medical Doctors will be happy to help you! For free.
Bookimed is an independent medical service for searching the best treatment options in the world. Bookimed makes world’s medical services available for everyone.
What can you get?
- free 24/7 Bookimed Medical Doctor assistance
- eyes treatment in the TOP medical center in Germany
- 95% of diagnostics acuity
- over 90% of eye therapy effectiveness
- second medical opinion (upon your request).
➤ Find out the world’s best eye hospitals below. ⇩
BGN Clinic is a private medical center for eye treatment in Busan, South Korea.
The Clinic specializes in vision correction, cataract and glaucoma treatment, eye retina operations. Such state-of-the-art techniques are available here: LASIK, LASEK, Smile lasers, implantable contact lens surgery (ICL).
Specialists of the Clinic have already performed over 346,000 vision correction operations.
BGN Clinic is popular among patients from the USA and Europe.
The Ophthalmology Department of in Medipol Clinic (Istanbul, Turkey) specializes in the therapy of eye diseases.Specialists provide the treatment of retinal dystrophy, strabismus, cataract, myopia, astigmatism, glaucoma. Medipol ophthalmologists perform a traditional surgery or ultrasonic phacoemulsification for patients with cataract. Correction of myopathy and astigmatism is performed with a laser (LASIK method).
Zulekha Hospital Dubai is a private multidisciplinary medical facility that is a part of Zulekha Healthcare Group. The Hospital specializes in cardiology and heart surgery, minimally invasive surgery, orthopedics, gynecology, and childbirth.
JCI certificate and Dubai Quality Award prove the high quality of medical services of the Hospital.
International patients from Germany, India, Pakistan, and Nigeria choose this Clinic.
Common proceduresCorneal transplant Laser eye surgery LASIK eye surgery ReLEx SMILE eye surgery Cataract surgery with IOL replacement Ophthalmoscopy
EuroEyes is a specialized ophthalmology clinic in Hamburg, Germany.
20,000 patients with cataracts, myopia, hyperopia, astigmatism, and presbyopia are treated here every year.
Doctors of the clinic apply the latest methods of laser correction — ReLEx Smile, LASIK, Femto-LASIK. These methods are minimally invasive. With the help of these techniques, ophthalmologists affect the cornea and improve vision.
Over 500,000 patients have been treated in EuroEyes Medical Network.
The Ophthalmology Department of Kardiolita Hospital (Vilnius, Lithuania) specializes in the treatment of eye diseases.
Patients with glaucoma, cataracts, diabetic retinopathy undergo treatment here.
Ophthalmologists apply diagnostics using computer perimetry, optical coherence tomography, ultrasound.
Eye doctors carry out the treatment using laser and surgical methods.
Where is the best eye hospital in the world? Advantages and disadvantages of ophthalmology treatment in different countries
- Germany is considered as the leader in ophthalmology. Eye treatment in Germany is one of the most successful in Europe and the world;
- Medicines used by doctors in the treatment of ophthalmic diseases prevent further deterioration of vision in 90% of patients; 30% of patients have an improvement in image;
- The German doctors are the best eye surgeons in the world. They use cutting-edge canners and laser systems to provide the most effective treatment.
- The cost of medical services in Germany is 40% higher than in countries of Asia and Eastern Europe.
- Foreign patients need a visa to enter the county, except the citizens of the European Union.
- All German hospitals work on the system of prepaying. A patient should pay a percentage of the price before starting the treatment. This percent is different for citizens of different countries.
- The cost of laser correction in Turkey is 2 times lower than in Europe, and the quality of ophthalmologic services at the European level. It is 80% cheaper than in the UK, US, and Australia.
- Top ophthalmology hospitals provide patients with check-up programs(diagnostics of the whole body), the cost of which is available to almost everyone.
- Foreign patients do not need a visa for entering the country.
- The language barrier. Not all, but just a few doctors speak English.
- A patient may face troubles in obtaining documents required for foreign patients.
- Low cost. Quality services are at 40% lower prices than in European countries.
- High level of service in leading hospitals. Large clinics offer high-quality medical services, have the latest diagnostic and treatment devices, comfortable wards.
- Language. English-speaking doctors and staff who educated in Europe or the USA provide high-quality medical services in large institutions.
- Waiting time. The minimal or total absence of waiting for services.
- People are lack of information on the healthcare system in India. That’s why the patients hesitate about qualification of Indian specialists.
- The infrastructure of India is far from European standards.
- Cultural differences. Foreign patients can’t accept some aspects (religion, culture and even hygiene).
- For citizens of foreign countries, except citizens of Nepal and Bhutan, a visa is required to enter India.
- Highly qualified specialists. Best ophthalmologists in the world work in Israeli medical centers.
- Specialists of top eye clinics provide complex techniques for more effective treatment. A lot of such technologies were developed or improved in Israel.
- Best eye hospitals offer a high level of medical facilities and equipment.
- In most clinics, the staff speaks English, Russian and Arabic.
- Foreign patients do not need a visa to get treatment in Israel.
- The prices are significantly higher than in other Asian countries. However, the cost in top eye hospitals in Israel is on the same level than in European ones.
- Political situation. The conflict with Palestine and Arab countries (United Arab Emirates, Iran and Syria) is one of the reasons why many people do not request to Israeli clinics.
What should a patient pay attention to choosing top ophthalmology hospital?
- Accreditation. An important criterion in choosing a medical institution is its compliance with international standards. Appropriate certificates guarantee high-quality treatment and patient care. It is necessary to find out if the medical center you are interested in, has a license to provide the medical services that you need.
Best eye hospitals in the world usually have 2 worldwide known accreditations of medical institutions:
- JCI (Joint Commission International) accreditation;
- International Organization for Standardization (ISO).
- Specialists. The success and effectiveness of treatment depend mainly on the qualifications of the doctor.
When you choose a clinic, take notice if there are such specialists who can provide highly qualified help in the treatment of your disease.
- Equipment. Best ophthalmology hospitals in the world are equipped with all necessary technologies for the highest accuracy of the treatment.
Best eye treatment in the world. Laser correction of vision LASIK
The most common and the most effective type of ophthalmology treatments is laser surgery LASIK. Ophthalmologists of medical centers in Germany, Turkey, India and Israel perform this type of laser surgery with a success rate up to 95%.
The advantages of the vision correction with LASIK are:
- The surgery is safe. Best ophthalmologists observe patients for a long time before and after the procedure. Observing helps doctors to prevent complications after the laser surgery.
- Suitable for treatment of all types of visual impairment. If a patient has no contraindications, then laser correction can restore vision almost at all the most common degrees of myopia, hyperopia, and astigmatism,
- Suitable for patients of any age. Patients aged 18 to 55 are the optimal candidates for this procedure.
- The quickness of operating. The operating time of the laser surgery takes a few seconds - 1 minute. The rest of the time is spent on preoperative procedures and takes 10 minutes per eye.
- The absence of pain at all stages of the operation. The ophthalmologists instill anesthetic drops in the eyes, which block pain sensitivity. A patient has only a feeling of pressure at some stages of the surgery.
- The procedure is performed on an outpatient basis. Within an hour after the operation, a patient may come home.
- Quick recovery of vision. 2 hours after the operation a patient can evaluate the first results of laser correction of vision. During 1 week, vision is stabilized.
- Longevity of the operation results. After the laser correction of vision, the shape of the cornea persists for whole life. If a patient does not have progressive myopia, the result of the operation remains for many years.
How to choose the best optical hospital?
Bookimed is a team of doctors who provide a patient with the necessary information and help to choose the best treatment options. The company employs practicing doctors, not the call center managers. Doctors face the problems of patients every day and know everything about the methods and benefits of treating diseases in clinics.
If you have any questions or in doubt with a chosen clinic, ask our Doctor-Coordinator, and he/she will provide you with information of:
- top eye hospitals in the world;
- the most suitable treatment options in your case;
- statistical data on the success of the ophthalmology treatment;
- give you advice about the best ophthalmologist in the world.
Costs of ophthalmology procedures
|Corneal transplant||$1550 - $13000|
|Laser eye surgery||$1200 - $9300|
|LASIK eye surgery||$300 - $2950|
|ReLEx SMILE eye surgery||$2100 - $4700|
|Cataract surgery with IOL replacement||$1200 - $22000|
|Vitrectomy||$2250 - $8450|
|Trabeculotomy||$220 - $10600|
|Ophthalmoscopy||$60 - $240|
The Ophthalmology Department of Vienna Private Clinic specializes in eye surgery. Doctors treat myopia, hyperopia, astigmatism.
The Сlinic applies LASIK technology. It allows correct myopia (up to -10 diopters), farsightedness (up to +4) and astigmatism (up to -4).
The Ophthalmology Department of the Döbling Hospital (Vienna, Austria) specializes in the treatment of eye diseases.
Ophthalmologists perform cataract surgery, operations on the back part of the eyeball, and corneal transplantation.
Doctors use medicines, laser and microsurgical techniques for the restoration of vision
The Ophthalmology Department in Anadolu Hospital (Gebze, Turkey) specializes in the treatment of eye diseases.
The ophthalmologists treat cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus, inflammation of the choroid, retinopathy, retinal detachment.
The Anadolu doctors apply the laser for vision correction. For the patients with cataracts, the eye doctors perform intraocular lens implantation (IOL).
The Medical Diagnostic and Treatment Center is one of the largest private clinics in Lithuania. Specialists focus on accurate diagnostics for more effective treatment. They also develop high-quality rehabilitation for fast recovery. Over 48,000 patients undergo treatment in the Hospital. 1 in 10 patients is from abroad. The most of patients are from the United Kingdom, Ireland, Sweden, and Norway.
Seoul National University Bundang Hospital (SNUBH)
Seoul National University Bundang Hospital is one of the most innovative multidisciplinary medical centers in Korea.
It is the 1st digital hospital in the country. The hospital is equipped witg BESTcare system that allows avoiding medical errors, improving treatment safety and effectiveness.
Bundang specializes in general and abdominal surgery, oncology, orthopedics and traumatology.
1,500,000 patients undergo treatment at in hospital every year.
Severance Hospital in Korea is an international multidisciplinary clinic at Yonsei University, located in Seoul South Korea. Yonsei Severance Hospital's Health System includes: oncology and rehabilitation centers, pediatric and women's clinics, cardiovascular center and Clinic of Ophthalmology and Otolaryngology. The Hospital has been certified by JCI (Joint Commission International) and serves 1.6 million outpatients annually.
The Department of Ophthalmology at Ichilov specializes in the treatment of cataracts, glaucoma, retinal pathologies, and cornea. Doctors perform 3,500 operations annually. Together with the Department of Oncology, ophthalmologists provide treatment for malignant tumors. They use organ-preserving techniques: intraocular chemotherapy, microsurgery. The Department includes the units of pediatric ophthalmology and the corneal transplant center where more than 100 operations are performed every year.
Vienna General Hospital (AKH) is one of the most innovative clinics in Europe. It has a long 300-year history. Vienna Medical Clinic includes over 42 university hospitals and institutes, 6 own laboratories, 10,000 employees of staff. AKH Vienna Hospital in Austria guarantees high standards and innovative technologies in all fields of medicine. Vienna Hospital is “a city in a city” with specialized medical centers, shops, restaurants and branches of a bank.
✔️ Over 2 million international patients choose Asklepios Hospitals Group. What do they fall for?
- 95% of patients are satisfied with the eye treatment results
- Asklepios takes 2nd place among the medical tourism facilities. The fact is approved by Medical Travel Quality Alliance (MTQA)
- Asklepios is a leader of German eye healthcare for 25 years
- medical personnel offer the 5-star quality of accommodation
❗️ If you are interested in Asklepios Network, turn to Bookimed Doctor to learn more about treatment options and the price of the procedures in your particular case.
Medicana Group of Hospitals is a large healthcare organization that follows world’s standards of treatment. It comprises 12 modern clinics and employs over 3,500 medical personnel. All hospitals have high-tech equipment, caring and experienced medical staff. Medicana Hospitals meet quality and service standards of the Turkish Ministry of Health and the Joint Commission International (JCI).
The Department of Ophthalmology at Teknon Medical Center (Barcelona, Spain) specializes in correction of vision problems. Doctors treat cataract, glaucoma, strabismus, retinal pathologies. The team of doctors consists of an ophthalmologist and a neurologist.
The Clinic performs surgeries on the retina and vitreous body, removal of the vitreous body (vitrectomy), lens implantation, laser correction of vision.
Hospital Sant Joan de Déu (Barcelona, Spain) accepts children for treatment from the infant age to 21. The Hospital belongs to Top-5 medical institutions in Europe and is recognized as the most authoritative one in the field of pediatric oncology treatment. The Center has its own Laboratory for Molecular Medicine where innovative therapeutic methods are developed.
Asklepios Nord is the largest multidisciplinary hospital in Hamburg. It is included in the biggest medical network in Germany — Asklepios Kliniken.
Pediatrics, neurosurgery, gastroenterology, ophthalmology, maxillofacial surgery are the main specialties at Asklepios Nord.
Asklepios Nord is regularly ranked among TOP hospitals in Germany for dentistry, ophthalmology, proctology.
72,000 patients receive treatment in the hospital annually.