I really liked Dr. Kones, carefully asked everything, explained everything. Elena was also attentive and in detail translated. The consultation was held in a calm and friendly atmosphere. Thanks a lot, everyone.
Hospital HM Delfos
HM Delfos is a multidisciplinary hospital in Barcelona. It is a part of HM Hospitales chain, Spain. The hospital specializes in surgery, oncology, orthopedics, cardiology, gynecology, and urology.
Hospital HM Delfos is equipped with the latest medical equipment for diagnostics and treatment — for example, advanced EOS device. for imaging in orthopedic surgical care, CT, and MRI.
Everything is good, how well time will show
HM Delfos Hospital has become a part of HM Hospitales chain in September 2018. It comprises 40 medical facilities: 15 hospitals, 4 specialized centers, and 21 clinics.
The hospital is situated in Barcelona, 15 km from the International El Prat Airport.
Advantages of HM Delfos Hospital
Advanced medical equipment. In the hospital, there is a system of orthopedics diagnostics EOS, new MRI 3 Tesla making detailed images of organs to show the difference between healthy and affected tissues, intraoperative computed tomography, robotic surgery, PET/CT, and 2 linear accelerators of the latest generation for radiotherapy.
HM Delfos in figures
Awards and achievements of HM Delfos
At the beginning of the 70s, the first ultrasound machine in Spain was established at HM Delfos Hospital.
General, Abdominal and Endocrine Surgery
The Surgery Department in Delfos has been serving patients for 50 years. The hospital doctors specialize in minimally-invasive surgeries. A doctor performs an operation through small incisions not damaging healthy tissues. After minimally-invasive surgery patients get recovered faster and easier than after open surgery.
The department consists of 11 subdivisions, the largest of them are the following:
The doctors conduct operations, which do not require a long-term hospital stay, as:
- gallbladder removal
- inguinal and umbilical hernia repair
- hemorrhoid and anal fissure treatment.
Gastrointestinal tract surgery
The doctors of the hospital treat digestive system and stomach pathologies as stomach cancer and inflammations, Meckel's diverticulum (a bulge of the abdominal wall), reflux disease, abdominal hernia, ulcerative colitis, and Crohn’s disease (chronic intestinal inflammation).
Doctors of the department specializes in a treatment of metabolic organs — thyroid, parathyroid and adrenal glands. Patients with thyroid cancer, thyroiditis (inflammation of the thyroid gland), parathyroid adenoma, benign and malignant tumors in adrenal glands receive treatment here.
Doctors provide treatment for patients with obesity and type 2 diabetes. Physicians perform the gastric bypass surgery and sleeve gastrectomy. The aim of these surgeries is to reduce the quantity of eaten food at one sitting.
Treatment in the Oncology Department of HM Delfos is based on a multidisciplinary approach. Doctors from different departments (medical oncologists, surgical oncologists, radiologists, endocrinologists, dietitian, and psychiatrists) discuss every case on consilium to establish an effective therapy.
- Computed Tomography (CT) of the latest generation. It allows to make 3D images in 20 seconds with low-dose radiation. The level of radiation produced by this device is lower at 85% compared to others.
- 2 advanced linear accelerators for radiotherapy, which destroy cancer cells without affecting healthy ones.
CT device in HM Delfos Hospital
- Chemotherapy — individually chosen drugs to treat cancer;
- Radiotherapy — destroying the tumors with ionizing radiation without surgeries.
- Intraoperative radiation therapy — delivers a concentrated dose of radiation to a tumor during a surgery. Doctors precisely direct radiation beams to the area where the tumor is located. It helps to affect cancer saving healthy tissues*.
*Only a treating physician can make the most appropriate treatment plan after examining the medical records.
Doctors of the department specialize in diagnostics and treatment of orthopedic trauma. A subdivision of geriatric orthopedics, where old patients receive a treatment, works on the hospital premises.
Orthopedic diagnostics is done with EOS system, which allows to make 2D and 3D images in a proportion of 1:1. Among its characteristics, there are low-dose radiation and high-quality imaging. The device helps to limit the X-ray dose absorbed by a patient.
EOS system at HM Delfos
Services for International patients at HM Delfos
- Transfer airport-hospital (unless a person cones for a consultation).
- Free interpreter assistance.
- Medical invitation for visa receiving.
- Help with a hotel booking.
Slow connection. Wait for the end of loading to send a request.
- We find a medical coordinator familiar with the matter
- You get a personal offer with step-by-step guide and the cost estimate
- We arrange your travel including appointment scheduling and flights booking
- You arrive at the hospital, we support you 24/7