Fortis Gurgaon is a private multidisciplinary medical center in India.
The Hospital takes the 2nd place in the rating of the most technically advanced hospitals in the world according to the Top Master’s in Healthcare global research.
Doctors of the hospital specialize in the Organ Transplant, Oncology, Neurosurgery, Cardiology, and Robotic Surgery.
Fortis Gurgaon Hospital belongs to the Fortis Healthcare Network which consists of 45 medical centers in 11 countries. The 1st hospital of the Network was established in 2001.
Fortis Gurgaon is located in the same-name city, 6 km away from the center and 20 km from Indira Gandhi International Airport.
Advantages of the Hospital
- E-ICU system of electronic monitoring over treatment. The program monitors patient’s health condition 24/7. If any health deteriorating is detected, the program informs the medical staff to handle a medical emergency.
- Advanced equipment. Fortis Gurgaon Hospital is equipped with the state-of-the-art devices:
- 256-slice CT. It scans the heart only for 2-3 seconds.
- Brain Suite MRI for brain surgeries. Using Brain Suite MRI, a doctor removes the tumor completely without affecting vital areas of the brain.
- Da Vinci robot for surgery of the neoplasms and cardiac pathologies. It allows doctors to perform operations through the 1-2 cm incisions.
- CyberKnife radiosurgical system is used to remove hard-to-reach neoplasms without incisions on the skin.
- Patients undergo postoperative rehabilitation on the premises of the Hospital. The local atmosphere promotes the recovery: there are a landscape park, waters, and rooms for meditations.
Medical Center in figures
Certificates of Fortis in Gurgaon
National Accreditation Board for Hospitals and Healthcare Providers (NABH)
Fortis Gurgaon is certified for the level of medical service and innovative treatment options.
National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories (NABL)
The Hospital is certified by NABL for the high level of technical equipment and accuracy of diagnostics.
The Center includes Onco-Gynecology, Radiation and Surgical Oncology Departments. Over 5,500 patients receive treatment here annually. Doctors conduct 40 bone marrow transplant procedures and 500 robotic surgeries on the neck each year.
In 2015, the Department received the award for technological innovations from Frost and Sullivan international company.
Doctors specialize in the treatment of:
- neck and head tumors;
- breast cancer
- melanoma (malignant disease of the skin)
- sarcoma (tumors of the connective tissues)
- stomach, bowel, and pancreas cancers
- endocrine tumors.
Diagnostics of malignant neoplasms is carried out using MRI, CT, PET-CT, and biopsy (taking a tissue sample).
Cancer treatment options at Fortis:
- traditional and minimally invasive removal of tumors. Doctors perform minimally invasive surgeries through small 5-6 cm incisions. The recovery period after such procedures is 2 times shorter in comparison with the traditional surgery.
- Robotic surgery of neoplasms using Da Vinci robot. Robotic operations are carried out through 8 mm incisions. The hospitalization period after the surgery takes 1-2 days, and complete recovery — up to 10 days.
- Chemo- and targeted therapy. Chemo drugs destroy fast-growing cancer cells but influence the healthy ones. The targeted drugs destroy only malignant tissues without damaging the healthy ones.
- Radiotherapy on IMRT, IGRT, and VMAT technologies. IMRT is an intensity-modulated radiation therapy. It allows directing a high dose of irradiation to the tumor without damaging surrounding tissues. IGRT is an image-guided radiation therapy. Doctors apply IGRT to influence the hard-to-reach neoplasms. VMAT technology is the most state-of-the-art radiation therapy technique. It influences only the tumor with 1 mm accuracy; the healthy tissues are not damaged.
Philips MRI device at Fortis
Organ Transplant Center
Doctors of the Center conduct the cornea, heart, lung, liver, and kidney transplants.
Surgeons transplant donor and artificial corneas. Doctors apply minimally invasive techniques — DALK and DMEK. Using DALK (deep anterior lamellar keratoplasty), doctors replace the front corneal layer through the small incision. During DMEK (descemet's membrane endothelial keratoplasty) process, they replace only affected internal layer.
Heart-lung transplant is conducted for patients with ischemic disease, cardiomyopathy, valvular disease.
Doctors of the Department are among the first ones in India who have performed the heart-lung transplant.
Surgeons at Fortis carry out laparoscopic kidney transplant through up to 7 cm incision. Transplant procedure is conducted according to the international protocols. After the operation, a patient recovers in the sterile ward to avoid complications.
Doctors of the Department have performed over 2,500 liver transplants. Surgeons have over 17 years of experience in this field.
The success rate for the liver transplant at Fortis is over 95% for a recipient and 100% for a donor. It means that the organ is completely replanted. A liver donor recovers within 10-14 days.
Single ward at Fortis Gurgaon, India
The Department includes 3 subdivisions: Neurology, Neurosurgery, and Neuroradiology. Treatment of the brain and spinal cord, peripheral nerves and muscles is performed here.
Neurologists specialize in the treatment of cerebral hemorrhage, paralytic disorders, epilepsy, Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis, and sleeping disorders.
Neurosurgeons carry out the treatment of benign and malignant tumors of the brain and spinal cord. They use the most advanced methods:
- Intraoperative neuromonitoring. Doctors use it to control the brain condition during the operation.
- Powerful microscope to make the precise movements.
- Neuronavigation. A neurosurgeon operates accurately and does not damage surrounding tissues.
Neuroradiologists remove neoplasm of the brain, spinal cord, head and neck using stereotactic radiosurgery. This method does not need any skin incisions. The device influences a tumor with a high dose of radiation and does not damage healthy cells.
The Department includes the subdivisions of Heart Anesthesia, Interventional Cardiology, Cardiovascular Surgery. Doctors specialize in the treatment of ischemic heart disease, aortic aneurysm, heart failure, valve correction and replacement, heart transplant.
Doctors of the Interventional Cardiology Department perform the catheter diagnostics and operations. All manipulations are carried out using a thin tube (catheter) which is inserted in the femoral or inguinal arteries. No incisions are necessary, so postoperative recovery takes 1-2 days.
Cardiac surgeons perform open, minimally invasive and robotic interventions on the heart and vessels:
- minimally invasive procedures are carried out through the small 5-6 cm incisions. If there are no complications, a patient is discharged from the Fortis Gurgaon Hospital in 3-4 days after the surgery.
- Robotic interventions on the heart are conducted through several 1 cm openings. Using the robot for cardiac surgery, the success rate of the operation increases. The movements of the device are precise and almost exclude any error.
The echocardiography room
Services for international patients
- Accommodation in a single or double room, VIP-wards
- individual menu
- personal coordinator who assist during the diagnostics and treatment
- airport-clinic transfer
- interpreter’s services for additional fees.
"Dog of democracy" installation
Slow connection. Wait for the end of loading to send a request.
- We find a medical coordinator familiar with the matter
- You get a personal offer with step-by-step guide and the cost estimate
- We arrange your travel including appointment scheduling and flights booking
- You arrive at the hospital, we support you 24/7