Many thanks to the coordinator. We picked up a really high level clinic. All wishes were taken into account. The coordinators controlled the whole process, I received answers to any questions, both organizational and medical, in the shortest possible time.
European Health Center Otwock
The European Health Center Otwock (Europejskie Centrum Zdrowia Otwock) is Poland's first private hospital that specializes in oncology and cardiology. The Сlinic has the only one in the country Interdisciplinary Cardio-oncology Department for cancer treatment in patients with heart disease. The Otwock Health Center is located 25 km from the center of Warsaw.
The European Health Center Otwock is named after Fryderyk Chopina and has been working since 2004. It is the 1st medical institution in Poland to receive all the technological innovations from Philips Healthcare.
Due to highly experienced medical staff and up-to-date equipment, the Otwock Medical Center for Postgraduate Education is the first institution in Poland to receive the accreditation of the Polish Ministry of Health for providing education to postgraduate medical staff.
The Otwock Health Center (The Fryderyk Chopin Hospital) is a highly specialized clinic, which provides a full range of treatment in:
- General Surgery and Bariatrics;
- Algology (treatment of pain caused by oncological disease).
Department of Clinical Oncology and Oncological Surgery
The Сlinic provides inpatient and outpatient treatment of cancer, including chemotherapy.
The Otwock Oncology Department cooperates with:
- The University of Oxford;
- The International Group on Cancer Research;
- Central European Cancer Group;
- Michelangelo Fund.
The Chairman of the Scientific Council is Associated Professor, MD Cezary Szczylik – the founder and president of the Foundation for Experimental and Clinical Oncology, a co-founder of the Study Center of Molecular Medicine.
Patients have the opportunity to participate in clinical trials. If a patient's cancer profile meets the particular requirements, they can join the research.
Genetic Diagnosis of Cancer
The Clinic offers genetic testing packages for prostate, breast, ovarian, and colorectal cancer.
- Mammaprint genetic testing is used to determine the possibility of recurrence of breast cancer. It helps to establish whether aggressive chemotherapy would be needed in a specific clinical case.
- 4K-score analysis shows the risk of developing aggressive prostate tumors. It is performed before a biopsy or after a negative biopsy. 4K-score determines the likelihood of cancer spreading to other parts of the body over the next 20 years.
Modern methods of cancer treatment in Otwock
Treatment of oncological diseases includes:
- surgical treatment — removal of tumors;
- radiotherapy –- the destruction of malignant tumors by irradiation;
- HIFU (High-Intensity Focused Ultrasound Ablation) - tumor destruction by ultrasound;
- cryoablation / cryodestruction – freezing of tumor cells in the liver, kidney, and breast;
- hyperthermia (thermal therapy) – high temperatures kill cancer cells.
Radiology and Imaging Department
The Department is recognized as the International Reference Centre by the Philips company which provides the world's latest technology in medicine. It offers patients a diagnosis with the most recent methods of imaging for all parts of the body, including cardiac MRI, 3D BRAIN VIEW and Whole Body 3-Tesla MRI.
For computed tomography, the Clinic uses a 128-slice CT scanner. It allows to conduct radiation diagnosis faster (up to 27 seconds per zone) and therefore with a smaller dose of radiation.
Digital 3D Mammography with Tomosynthesis is used for breast cancer screening. During the procedure, the breast is fixed without compression. It increases the accuracy of mammography: breast tissue does not overlap a possible tumor.
Department of Urology
The Department is accredited by the Polish Ministry of Health and the European Board of Urology (EBU). This Department performs onco-urological surgery with the use of laparoscopic techniques (through small incisions).
The Otwock Health Center is the largest center in Poland for pulmonary arterial hypertension treatment. The Clinic is the 4th in the world in performing procedures of the pulmonary artery angioplasty and the implantation of a subcutaneous pump (for infusion).
Doctors of the Cardiovascular Clinic and Clinic for Pulmonary Thromboembolic Diseases are initiators of the programs for the surgical treatment of pulmonary embolism and pulmonary arterial hypertension with pharmacotherapy in the country.
The Cardioangiology Department includes specialized laboratories of echocardiography and interventional radiology for diagnosis and treatment of thrombosis, vascular malformations, arrhythmias, etc.
The European Health Center Otwock has been treating cancer in patients with heart disease. Cancer and its therapy can lead to cardiovascular complications. Specialists of the Department adjust the treatment plan in order to avoid them. One of the goals is to choose the right combination of drugs and reduce the burden on the heart.
Intensive Care Unit and Crisis Intervention Unit
Highly qualified staff provides post-surgical vital function observation, life support, 24-hours watch. It consists of 4 Intensive Care Unit beds and 18 beds with telemetric monitoring capability.
For the international patients
Patients are hospitalized in comfortable 1- and 2-person rooms with bathrooms and a life-monitoring system.
Slow connection. Wait for the end of loading to send a request.
- We find a medical coordinator familiar with the matter
- You get a personal offer with step-by-step guide and the cost estimate
- We arrange your travel including appointment scheduling and flights booking
- You arrive at the hospital, we support you 24/7