Modern clinic, responsive medical staff, professional doctors. All at the highest level.
Dr. Maurinsh Vein Center
Dr. Maurins Vein Clinic is a private hospital in Latvia, Riga. Doctors of the Medical Center specialize in the treatment of varicose, thrombosis, thrombophlebitis, trophic ulcer.
Annually over 20,000 patients undergo treatment at his Clinic. Doctors perform 2,500 surgeries.
I liked it all very much. A modern building, there is a parking near, a beautiful form of the staff. They are courteous and considerate. Knowing Latvian, it is not so easy for me to describe some of the nuances (I do not talk much with anyone about these topics), but meeting me, they spoke with me in my native language. I gave an assessment of "good", but still had to evaluate "excellent." Perhaps, because the prices for a pensioner are too high.
Dr. Maurins Varicose Vein Clinic was founded in 2001. It is located in the capital of Latvia - Riga. The Hospital consists of 2 operating theatres, 7 medical treatment rooms and 3 hospital rooms.
Specializations of the Medical Center are the laser treatment of varicose, sclerotherapy, lymph drainage, and therapy of trophic ulcer.
Advantages of the Vein Clinic
- Cost of procedures. The price for treatment in the Dr. Maurins Vein Center is lower than in the same centers of Europe.
- The accuracy of diagnostics in the Clinic is 100%.
- Quick and painless procedures. The duration of procedures is approx. 1 hour for both legs.
Dr. Maurins Vein Clinic in figures
Specialists of the Clinic treat vein diseases of legs using a laser. Biolitec Apparatus Painless 1470 nm of the last generation is used here. It does not cause any pain to a patient and does not leave scars on the skin. The risk of the repeated appearance of varicose is minimal.
Advantages of the procedure:
- the laser does not damage the nerve endings and lymph vessels
- the speed for performing a procedure is 20-25 minutes for 1 leg
- a patient recovers for a day.
For the surgery, doctors apply laser treatment under local anesthesia. The general duration of a procedure takes 40-55 minutes.
Specialists administer a small conductor. It emits a laser beam that closes the varicose. The procedure is performed on an outpatient basis, after it a patient returns home.
Before and after the laser therapy of varicose
Sclerogenic therapy (sclerotherapy)
For the treatment of superficial varices cardiac surgeons perform sclerotherapy. During a surgery, a doctor administers a special substance in the vein which “glues” a damaged vessel.
Advantages of an approach
- cost of a procedure is lower compared with the laser therapy
- doctors perform surgery without anesthesia because it is painless
- sclerotherapy is safe for elderly people and patients with chronic diseases.
After a therapy, doctors do not recommend to have a hot bath, attend sauna or make physical exercises. Specialists prescribe to wear compressional socks for 1 month after surgery.
Before and after the procedure
Service for the international patients
A personal coordinator accompanies foreign patients and consults them regarding all issues.
The hospital is equipped for people with disabilities.
Free parking is available. The building is located in the pine park of Mezaparks.
- 321 hospitals worldwide
- Customer care support 24/7
- Patient reviews and global community