- Who treats lung cancer?
- Lung cancer treatment options in the Clinic
- Cost of lung cancer treatment
- At stages 1 - 2A of lung cancer the endoscopic methods of diagnostics and care treatment are preferred.
- Radiosurgery, namely, Gamma-Knife. Advantages: simultaneous effect, high conformity degree, no surgical risks.
- At stages 3 - 4, pulmonectomy (removal of particular segments, lobes or the whole lung) or bronchial stenting are applied along with chemotherapy.
Who treats lung cancer?
One of the leading doctors of Oncology Unit of Asklepios Kliniken GmbH for treating lung cancer is Prof. Dr. med. Henrik Becker, Chief Physician of Pneumology, Internal Medicine, Intensive Care Department.
Henrik Becker is a Chief Pulmonologist with a work experience of 25 years. He works with all variety of pulmonary illnesses and injuries, including all types of lung cancer (small cell, non small cell, adenocarcinoma).
Lung cancer treatment options in the Clinic
The surgical way of treatment is practiced in most clinical cases.
Argon Beamer Procedure – non-invasive endoscopic operation, when argon gas, coming out of the tube, “evaporates” the malignant tissue. This option allows to retain much of the unaffected areas of lung tissue and accelerate the patient’s recovery.
Before selecting the final treatment plan, cancer metastases diagnostics are conducted by endoscopic biopsy of the local lymph nodes. During the treatment process each patient may stay in ward with a close relative or friend.
The cost of lung cancer treatment
The treatment procedures costs from € 35,000 to 44,000. Price depends on the stage of disease, method of care and additional features on demand.
To get more accurate information about set of diagnostics and cost of lung cancer treatment, leave a message to our Doctor-Coordinator.
Sourasky Medical Center is considered as a leader in Oncology treatment in Israel
- Methods of lung cancer diagnostics in Sourasky Hospital
- What are the methods of lung cancer treatment at Sourasky Medical Center?
- What is the cost for lung cancer treatment in Ichilov Hospital?
- CT, MRI;
- Bronchoscopy (is carried out by means of a special endoscopic equipment under general anesthesia);
- Invasive biopsy (transthoracic: puncture under CT or thoracoscopy) with histological analysis of the sample;
- Super Dimension Bronchus System for the diagnostics of new formations in the lungs at an early stage with a wireless probe and tracking system;
- Thoracocentesis, i.e. pleural puncture;
- Complete blood counts, including tumor markers searching.
- Stereotactic radiosurgery (NovalisShapedSurgery);
- 3D-conformal radiotherapy;
- Radiation therapy to modulate the intensity of the exposure (IMRT);
- Treatment with biological drug Erlotinib - Tarseva (no side effects);
- Photodynamic therapy (effective in the treatment of small tumors or metastases).
Multidisciplinary team of experts on lung cancer treatment at Ichilov is headed by experienced oncologist Prof. Ilan Ron. The team includes Prof. Ofer Merimsky who specializes in oncological diseases of the lungs, and Prof. Yaron Paz, one of the best specialists in the country in thoracic surgery, who performs minimally invasive surgeries with pinpoint accuracy.
Methods of lung cancer diagnostics in Sourasky Hospital
What are the methods of lung cancer treatment at Sourasky Medical Center?Ichilov specialists know the latest methods of lung cancer treatment. One of the most effective methods is surgery, which includes wedge resection, lobectomy; segmentectomy or segmental resection, pneumonectomy, resection of the part of the bronchus.
The innovative methods of lung cancer treatment include:
What is the cost for lung cancer treatment in Ichilov Hospital?
Make a request to the Doctor of the Bookimed International Patient Support Center to get personal treatment program with the exact prices.
- Diagnostics of cancer at Teknon Medical Center
- Modern techniques of oncology treatment in Spain
- Prices for diagnostics and treatment of cancer at Teknon
Why do the patients choose Teknon Clinic for the diagnostics and treatment of oncological diseases?
The Department of Oncology at Teknon Medical Center is one of the best in Spain and Europe. A lot of leading Spanish oncologists work here. The leadership of the Сlinic constantly updates its equipment implementing the latest technological innovations.
- breast cancer;
- prostate cancer;
- stomach cancer;
- intestinal cancer;
- skin cancer;
- lung cancer;
- kidney cancer.
How is the diagnostics held at Teknon?
The diagnostic base of the Hospital gives an opportunity to carry out the most complex tests, which help to make accurate diagnoses and increase the efficiency of treatment.
Which therapeutic techniques are used at Teknon?
- Radiotherapy (including radiosurgery: Gamma-knife, Cyber-knife, TrueBeam);
- The latest protocols of chemotherapy (including those developed on the basis of Teknon Research Institute of Oncology);
- Surgical operations (among which are robotic surgeries and cardiosurgery).
Prices for diagnostics and treatment of cancer at Teknon Hospital
The cost of diagnostics and treatment depends on many factors such as the disease development and body condition. International Patients Support Center Bookimed will choose an individual program with accurate prices for you.
Get the exact prices for diagnostics and treatment at Teknon Medical Center
Lung cancer is one of the most common oncological malignancies that develops from the lung cells.
Onset of the symptoms indicates the 3rd stage of the disease. Therefore, it is important to carry out preventive examinations in order to start treatment as early as possible during the diagnostics. Lung cancer very early starts to metastasize to other organs, so everybody needs to be consulted by oncologist before the manifestation of such symptoms:
- Persistent cough;
- Retrosternal pain;
- Dyspnoea, difficulty in breathing, wheezing;
- Frequent pneumonia and bronchitis;
- Bloody sputum by coughing;
- Loss of appetite or weight loss;
- Fatigue, apathy;
- Drumstick fingers.
There are four stages of lung cancer:
- - Disease focus is less than 3 cm (1,2"), located in one segment of lung, without metastases;
- - Tumor size is 6 cm (3,2"), located within one lung segment, metastases in regional lymph nodes are present;
- - Tumor is more than 6 cm (3,2"), located beyond the lung segment, there are metastases in regional lymph nodes and in the mediastinum;
- - Tumor is of any size, extends to the whole lung, there are distant metastases in other organs.
Anadolu Medical Center is a strategic partner of Johns Hopkins Medicine
- Advantages of lung cancer treatment in Anadolu Medical Center
- Distinctions of diagnostics and treatment for lung cancer in Anadolu
- Cost of lung cancer treatment in Anadolu
- Contact radiation exposure (brachytherapy technology). Radiation source is introduced into the affected organ.
- IGRT (Image-Guided Radiation Therapy).
- CyberKnife. "Smart knife" technology with the most accurate impact on the tumor.
- PDT (Photodynamic Therapy) provides labelling of tumor cells to increase the eradication of cancer cells and reduce the healthy cells death.
- Consultation of oncologist - $170
- Consultation of pulmonologist - $120
- Consultation of thoracic surgeon - $120
- Bronchoscopy and biopsy - $1,655
- PET-CT - $1,100
Advantages of lung cancer treatment in Anadolu Medical Center
Anadolu Medical Center is accredited by the JCI, ISO, ESMO and possesses Certificate of Child Health Facility. Partnership with leading US Johns Hopkins Medical Center allows to apply US standards, unique diagnostic methods and ultra-modern technology for the treatment of lung cancer at any stage.
Distinctions of diagnostics and treatment for lung cancer in Anadolu
Modern trends in the treatment for lung cancer in Anadolu:
Cost of lung cancer treatment in Anadolu
Prices for diagnostics of lung cancer:
Price for the treatment of lung cancer is determined individually depending on the type, location and stage of lung cancer.
To get additional information on the treatment for lung cancer in Anadolu Medical Center contact Bookimed Medical Coordinator.