Cancer Center "Davidoff" of Rabin Medical Center is the largest oncology clinic in Israel and the entire Middle East. Every fifth of Israeli citizens gets an aid of the cancer treatment here. The center treats patients with all types of cancer and hematological diseases (leukemia, osteomyelosclerosis, anemia, leukocytosis, and others). The Center includes the departments of radiation therapy, chemotherapy, integrative medicine, palliative therapy and dietology. Center operates with the following cutting-edge techniques for treatment: SBRT, IMRT, IGRT, Rapid Arc., SIRT.
Clinic Cancer Center “Herzliya” has thirty years of experience. Center staff takes trainings and gets skills in the best medical centers in the world. Each patient throughout the treatment period is accompanied by a personal manager and translator. Center Department of Diagnostic works quickly and professionally - for the entire period of the department’s activity there was no single case of misdiagnosis. The main pathologies treated in Cancer Center Herzliya are: leukemia, Hodgkin's lymphoma, lymphoblastic leukemia, myeloma, carcinoid tumor, branchiogenic tumor, lung cancer, melanoma, brain cancer and other cancers.
- Why do the patients choose oncological Department of Quiron Barcelona Hospital?
- Who specializes in the treatment of cancer in Quiron Barcelona Clinic?
- How is the diagnostics carried out at Quiron Barcelona?
- Prices for complex diagnostics of oncology in Quiron Barcelona Hospital
Oncological Department at Quiron Barcelona is more than just a division of the clinic. This Department is honorary titled as the Baselga Insitute of Oncology. It was named after its founder, a world’s recognized oncologist Professor Jose Baselga. The prior specialization of Dr. Baselga is breast cancer. Annually, more than 3,000 patients get treatment and over 20,000 receive consultations at the Institute. Various scientific researches are conducted on the basis of the Clinic, which allows to develop new treatment methods and urgently implement them into practice.
Who specializes in the treatment of cancer in Quiron Barcelona Clinic?
The best oncologists in Spain work with the patients here:
- Pr. Jose Baselga, a world-famous physician and the only European oncologist honored to be the member of the American Cancer Society;
- Dr. Josep Tabernero is another great specialist in the world of oncology. He is the author of several medical protocols successfully applied in many countries;
- Dr. Armando López-Guillermo, an oncohematologist;
- Dr. Daniel Sánchez Posada, an oncosurgeon.
Quiron Barcelona Medical Center uses a multidisciplinary approach and the latest equipment. It gives an opportunity to exclude inaccuracies during diagnostics and increase the treatment effectiveness.
How is the diagnostics carried out at Quiron Barcelona?
The complex diagnostic program includes:
- Complete and biochemical blood count (checking the state of separate organs, systems or of the whole body);
- Blood test for tumor markers (detection of the specific substances common for cancer);
- CT, PET-CT, MRI and ultrasound (detection of metastases, assessment of regional lymph nodes);
- Biopsy of tumor tissues: fine-needle or trephine biopsy (for histological verification of the diagnosis).
Prices for complex diagnostics of oncology in Quiron Barcelona Hospital
The diagnostics takes from 2 to 5 days depending on the type of pathology and general body condition of a patient. The total cost of the diagnostics contains the price for doctor consultation and diagnostic procedures:
- Blood count - €250-500;
- Mammography - €195;
- Arthrography - €293;
- Cystography - €293;
- Cholangiography - €293;
- Urethrocystography - €293;
- Ultrasound - €200-350;
- Tomography - €242;
- Myelography - €293;
- Biopsy - €200-650.
Receive an individual program
How is the treatment of cancer conducted in Quiron Barcelona Oncological Department?
The Baselga Institute of Oncology takes part in the development of innovative treatment techniques, that’s why it can be confidently said that the patients receive the most accurate diagnostics and high-quality treatment here. The hospital uses all kinds of innovative manipulations for cancer treatment:
- Robotic surgery using the da Vinci robot;
- Minimally invasive and bloodless operations;
- Radiotherapy (Cyber-knife, TrueBeam);
- Cryoresection and cryodestruction;
- Chemotherapy with the newest drugs.
Lung cancer is one of the most common oncological malignancies that develops from the lung cells.
Onset of the symptoms indicates the 3rd stage of the disease. Therefore, it is important to carry out preventive examinations in order to start treatment as early as possible during the diagnostics. Lung cancer very early starts to metastasize to other organs, so everybody needs to be consulted by oncologist before the manifestation of such symptoms:
- Persistent cough;
- Retrosternal pain;
- Dyspnoea, difficulty in breathing, wheezing;
- Frequent pneumonia and bronchitis;
- Bloody sputum by coughing;
- Loss of appetite or weight loss;
- Fatigue, apathy;
- Drumstick fingers.
There are four stages of lung cancer:
- - Disease focus is less than 3 cm (1,2"), located in one segment of lung, without metastases;
- - Tumor size is 6 cm (3,2"), located within one lung segment, metastases in regional lymph nodes are present;
- - Tumor is more than 6 cm (3,2"), located beyond the lung segment, there are metastases in regional lymph nodes and in the mediastinum;
- - Tumor is of any size, extends to the whole lung, there are distant metastases in other organs.