- Who treats lung cancer?
- Lung cancer treatment options in the Clinic
- Cost of lung cancer treatment
- In stages 1 - 2A of lung cancer the endoscopic methods of diagnostics and care treatment are preferred.
- Radiosurgery, namely, Gamma-Knife. Advantages: simultaneous effect, high conformity degree, no surgical risks.
- In stages 3 - 4 pulmonectomy (removing particular segments, lobes or whole lung) or bronchial stenting are applied along with chemotherapy.
Who treats lung cancer?
One of the leading doctors of Oncology Unit of Asklepios Kliniken GmbH to treat lung cancer is Prof. Dr. med. Henrik Becker, the Chief Physician of Pneumology, Internal Medicine, Intensive Care Department.
Henrik Becker is a Chief Pulmonologist with a work experience of 25 years. He can deal with all variety of pulmonary illnesses and injuries, including all types of lung cancer (small cell, non small cell, adenocarcinoma).
Lung cancer treatment options in the Clinic
The surgical way of treatment is practiced in most clinical cases.
Argon Beamer Procedure – non-invasive endoscopic operation, when argon gas, which is coming out of the tube, “evaporates” the malignant tissue. This option allows to retain much of the unaffected areas of lung tissue and accelerate the patient’s recovery.
Before selecting the final treatment plan, cancer metastases diagnostics are conducted by endoscopic biopsy of the local lymph nodes. During the treatment process each patient may stay in ward with a close relative or friend.
Cost of lung cancer treatment
The treatment procedures costs from € 35,000 to 44,000. Price depends on the stage of disease, way of care and additional features on demand.
To get more accurate information about set of diagnostic investigations and cost of lung cancer treatment leave a message to our Doctor-Coordinator.
Solingen Clinic is in the list of TOP Clinics by FOCUS - Germany's largest hospital comparison (2015)
- Treatments and cures for lung cancer
- Who is in charge of lung cancer treatment?
- What is the cost for lung cancer treatment?
Medical Center in Solingen is multidisciplinary medical institution with 150-year history comprising of 15 specialized clinics.
Treatments and cures for lung cancer
Lung cancer is cured in the Department of Visceral, Thoracic and Vascular surgery in Solingen Clinic. The Unit is engaged in curative operations of lung cancer and metastases in the lungs, as well as bronchial and angioplasty interventions in accordance with the international guidelines for cancer treatment.
- non small cell cancer is eradicated by the way of surgical tumor excision and chemotherapy or chemoradiation afterwards;
- option for small cell cancer is lobectomy with mediastinal lymph node dissection and radiation therapy.
The vast majority of operations takes place under the control of video assistance, eliminating technical errors and reducing the risk of possible postoperative complications.
Who is in charge of lung cancer treatment?
Professor, Dr. med. Martin Kruschewski is a Chief Physician of Thoracic Surgery Department with a work experience of 25 years, who specializes in surgical treatment of all impairments of thorax organs, including any type of lung cancer and its metastases.
What is the cost for lung cancer treatment?
In Solingen Clinic a foreign patient pays as much for the services as German citizen does.
- Integrated diagnostics program, comprised of doctor’s consultation, blood analyses, biopsy or revision of histological material, MRI, CT - € 6,000;
- Chemotherapy course - from € 2,000;
The cost of surgical treatment depends on lung cancer type and, thus, extent of surgery.
You can get answers to all raised questions or receive a personal treatment program by contacting Bookimed Doctor-Coordinator.
Center for Oncology of Nordwest Clinic has passed ESMO Certification. There are only 22 clinics of similar level in the world.
- Why Nordwest Clinic should be chosen for the treatment of lung cancer?
- Who treats lung cancer in Nordwest Clinic?
- What are the diagnostics and treatment for lung cancer?
- What is the cost for lung cancer treatment in Nordwest Clinic?
- PET-CT combining with MRI of the brain;
- Bronchoscopy with tissue sampling;
- Bone scintigraphy;
- Spiroergometry to check whether the patient can be operated surgically.
- Non-small-cell carcinoma (adenocarcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma, large-cell carcinoma, carcinoid) is removed with the use of keyhole surgery when there are no metastases, otherwise it is treated with chemo-/radiation therapy;
- Small-cell carcinoma more frequently leads to distant metastases, therefore the definitive treatment is chemotherapy.
- set of diagnostics - €5,000;
- chemotherapy - €2,000;
- radiotherapy - €10,000;
- surgery - €20,000.
Why Nordwest Clinic should be chosen for the treatment of lung cancer?
Oncology and Hematology Center is accredited by the European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO). It includes specialized centers for the treatment of various cancers, branch of the Ludwig American Institute of Clinical Research and Palliative Department.
Who treats lung cancer in Nordwest Clinic?
Lung cancer treatment is in charge of one of the best doctors according to FOCUS magazine Prof. Dr. med. Elke Jäger, Chief Physician of Oncology Department and Dr. med. Stefanie Veit, Chief Doctor of the Unit for Thoracic Surgery.
What are the diagnostics and treatment for lung cancer?
Set of diagnostic procedures includes:
What is the cost for lung cancer treatment in Nordwest Clinic?
Cost of lung cancer treatment is determined individually in each case and depends on type and stage of lung cancer. The approximate cost for:
For more information about treatment programs, as well as calculation of the individual cost of treatment, please contact Bookimed Medical Coordinator.
- Professional oncologists at Helios Medical Center
- Diagnostics and treatment of cancer
- Cost for treatment of oncologic diseases in Germany
Why Helios Medical Center is considered one of the leading in oncologic diseases treatment in Germany?
- Acute leukemia
- Melanoma, i.e. skin cancer
- Lymphogranulomatosis, non-Hodgkin's lymphoma
- Tumors in the nervous and endocrine systems
- Breast cancer
- Tumors in the digestive system
About 10 thousand patients go for diagnostics and get the treatment program at Helios Center of Oncology annually, while over 3 thousand get ambulatory treatment.
How do the experts operate at Helios Medical Center?
Professor Wolf-Dieter Ludwig manages Helios Center of Oncology, being the expert in diagnostics and treatment of various kinds of cancer and other oncologic pathologies. Qualified oncologists are among the Medical Center staff, having many years of work experience and applying the modern comprehensive methods of treatment.
What do the cancer diagnostics and treatment include?
Diagnostics at the early stages is able to increase significantly the treatment efficiency; therefore, Helios Medical Centers are fitted with all the required modern equipment for qualitative and precise examinations. The patient gets the required treatment when the diagnosis is put. Helios Center of Oncology provides the interdisciplinary therapy as well. The following diagnostic and treatment procedures are among standard ones:
- Biochemical blood test + tumor markers testing
- CT, MRI, PET-CT
- Surgery by Gamma Knife, Cyber Knife and robotic surgical system, i.e. the da Vinci etc.
- Chemotherapy modern methods
- Hormone therapy
- Bio and immunologic therapy
What is the cost for treatment for the foreign patients at Helios Medical Center?
The prices for cancer treatment in Germany are justified by the medicine level and the treatment efficiency. Every patient can pay for the medical services directly to the account of the Medical center with no commissions for agents by virtue of Bookimed service. You can order the treatment program including the pricing now!
Treatment of cancer pathology is performed in seven Charite Clinics united into one integrated Charite Comprehensive Cancer Center. Center is under the direction of Professor Ulrich Keilholz is one of the most famous and respected oncologists in Europe. The Centre includes the most innovative and professional modern equipment for the treatment of cancer, such as CyberKnife, linear accelerators, etc. Accurate diagnosis, individual approach to each patient and medical case allow disclosing the early stages of oncology, making each procedure or operation unique, quality and corresponding to the highest world standards.