- Why is St. Martinus-Krankenhaus highly appreciated in diabetes treatment?
- Methods of diabetes type 2 surgical treatment
- Diabetes surgical treatment cost
Why is St. Martinus-Krankenhaus highly appreciated in diabetes treatment?
Treatment of diabetes and its complications are in charge of Prof. Matthias Schlensak's team, that was awarded as a leading one in bariatric diabetes treatment. Diabetes type 2 treatment is performed by surgeons, behavioural therapists, endocrinologists, nutritionists and personal trainers.
Every patient gets personalized treatment plan. Your level of sugar in blood is always under control.
- diabetic foot;
- renal failure;
- visual impairment;
- trophic ulcers.
Methods of diabetes type 2 surgical treatment are related to metabolic surgery. Also, methods of obesity surgery are used. If you lose weight — the blood sugar level gets normal.
Methods of metabolic surgery:
- ileal interposition;
- duodenal switch;
- biliopancreatic diversion.
- sleeve gastrectomy;
- gastric bypass.
Diabetes surgical treatment cost (obesity stages 2-3):
- gastric bypass - €15,000;
- sleeve gastrectomy - €13,000.
Food, accommodation, transfer and medical care are included.
Diabetes treatment with metabolic surgery methods
Diabetes type 2 surgical treatment is conducted by Alper Celik — he performs more than 1,400 surgeries annually. 96,2% of patients don't have any complications.
- sleep apnea (pauses in breathing);
- high blood pressure;
- high level of cholesterol and triglycerides (may cause cardiac infarction).
Diabetes surgical treatment cost:
- Ileal Interposition - $ 20,000
- Other metabolic surgeries - $ 16,000
Food, hospitalization for 5 days, transfer and medical care are included in the final cost.
Types of diabetes surgeries conducted at Teknon Medical Center
Teknon physicians are specialized in the surgical treatment of diabetes with laparoscopic and endoscopic methods (stomach centesis or natural orifice). Surgeries are conducted at Laparoscopic Surgery Center headed by Carlos Ballest.
Also, physicians treat complications after conducted treatment.
This Center provides all types of metabolic and obesity surgery:
- sleeve gastrectomy;
- gastric bypass;
- biliopancreatic diversion;
- POSE and Endo-Sleeve methods.
If you require a diet, nutritionists will provide you with the dietary plan. Also, plastic surgeries and programs of physical activity can be conducted.
Diabetes surgical treatment cost (obesity stages 2-3):
The final cost may vary depending on your case. Approximate costs:
- gastric bypass - € 20,000
- sleeve gastrectomy - € 18,000
Food, medical hospitalization, examination and extra bed for accompanying person are included in the final cost.
How metabolic and bariatric surgeries are performed
- In case you are taking blood thinners and antiplatelet drugs (aspirin, clopidogrel), you have to inform your doctor. It is necessary to stop taking the following drugs before the surgery. 1 day before the surgery you have to consume only liquid food, 8 hours before the surgery you have to stop eating and drinking anything. It can help to clear an intestine and you can avoid putting an enema.
- Surgeries (metabolic and bariatric) are performed with laparoscopic method (stomach centesis). All surgeries are performed under anesthesia. Your blood pressure and blood oxygen level will be measured. You have to wear a catheter on your forearm that will be removed in 1 or 2 days after the surgery. Also, you have to wear urinal catheter until you will be able to go to the toilet. For the prevention of thromboembolic complications, the patient has to wear special stockings or elastic bandages on a leg. During the surgery the patient is breathing with help of medical ventilation apparatus that is removed after the surgery.
- The first day after the surgery the patient stays in intensive care unit, doctors examine the patient's state. First hours after the surgery you are allowed to drink water only. Two or three days after the surgery the patient starts taking liquid food. Hospitalization usually lasts 4-6 days.
- After your discharge, you should keep liquid or semi-solid diet. You have to drink 1.5 liters of water per day. Within a month after the surgery, you should take prescribed medications and nutritional supplements. During the month you have to measure the pressure, the amount of blood sugar and weight regularly.
- Who performs diabetes type 2 treatment at BLK Medical Center?
- What kind of surgical treatment of diabetes is held in India?
Who performs diabetes type 2 treatment at BLK Medical Center?
Therapy of Diabetes at BLK is provided by the Center for Treatment of Liver and Gastrointestinal Tract. Surgeries are conducted by Dr. Ravindra Watts - a specialist in bariatric and metabolic surgery with laparoscopic method (through small punctures of the abdominal wall). Dr. Watts is the member of International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders.
Doctors of the clinic notice normalization of fertility for women who undergo this treatment.
What kind of surgical treatment of diabetes is held in India?
- Gastric bypass — a connection of the stomach to the small intestine when you cannot eat more than 50 ml. After the surgery, during 2 years, the patient loses 70-80% of the weight. The operation also helps with hypertension, sleep apnea, heart diseases.
- Sleeve gastrectomy — the stomach is reduced to about 15% of original size, by surgical removal of a large portion of the stomach along the greater curvature.
- Ballooning — a silicon balloon with 500 ml of water is placed in the stomach. You achieve satiation after a small portion of food. The patient loses 70-80% of own weight.
- Bandaging — a special annulus that forms a space with 40-50 ml dimension on the upper third of stomach (ability to regulate the annulus is included). It helps to achieve faster satiation. There's no need to perform a surgery with cuts on the body.
Ileal Interposition — a surgery that consists of complex manipulations connected with stomach, small intestine and duodenum. It is aimed to normalise hormonal processes. 90% of patients refuse taking insulin after the surgery.
Approximate cost of sleeve gastrectomy is $6,700 - 9,300.
Get the exact prices for diagnostics and treatment at Asklepios Medical Center from Bookimed Coordinator.
- Who performs surgical diabetes type 2 treatment in the Clinic?
- Diabetes surgical treatment cost at San Raffaele
Who performs surgical diabetes type 2 treatment in the Clinic?
Obesity surgical treatment in San Raffaele Clinic is used as a therapy at metabolic disorders, particularly for diabetes type 2 treatment. This direction is covered by the National institute for obesity treatment that performs more than 1,000 surgeries annually. Dr. Carlo Socci, with 17 years of experience, works with medical tourists who seek treatment abroad.
Diabetes surgical treatment cost at San Raffaele
All surgeries are performed using video-laparoscopic minimally invasive methods. This technique provides the best aesthetic results, and reduces post-operative pain. In case of a significant reduction in weight, you may also need a functional plastic surgery.
- Sleeve gastrectomy - €9,000
- Gastric bandaging - €9,000
- Gastric bypass - €9,000
- Who conducts diabetes type 2 surgeries at Medical Park?
- What kind of bariatric surgeries are performed at Medical Park and their cost
Who conducts diabetes type 2 surgeries at Medical Park?
Diabetes surgery at Medical Park is controlled by a specialized department under the leadership of Chief surgeon - Dr. Tugrul Demirel.
What kind of bariatric surgeries are performed at Medical Park and their cost
Department of obesity and diabetes surgery conducts such bariatric surgeries:
- Sleeve gastrectomy - $11,000
- Gastric bypass - $10,000
- Ballooning - $4,800
- Bandaging - $6,240
All surgeries are performed laparoscopically (through small punctures in the anterior abdominal wall). During the sleeve resection and gastric bypass surgery, hospitalization lasts 3 days. During the ballooning - 1 day (and complete physical examination in 3 days). Preparation for bandaging takes 2 days, hospitalization - 1 day (and complete physical examination in 7-10 days). Hospital stay and examination are included in the cost of the operation.