- Why is St. Martinus-Krankenhaus highly appreciated in diabetes treatment?
- Methods of diabetes type 2 surgical treatment
- Diabetes surgical treatment cost
Why is St. Martinus-Krankenhaus highly appreciated in diabetes treatment?
Treatment of diabetes and its complications are in charge of Prof. Matthias Schlensak's team, that was awarded as a leading one in bariatric diabetes treatment. Diabetes type 2 treatment is performed by surgeons, behavioural therapists, endocrinologists, nutritionists and personal trainers.
Every patient gets personalized treatment plan. Your level of sugar in blood is always under control.
- diabetic foot;
- renal failure;
- visual impairment;
- trophic ulcers.
Methods of diabetes type 2 surgical treatment are related to metabolic surgery. Also, methods of obesity surgery are used. If you lose weight — the blood sugar level gets normal.
Methods of metabolic surgery:
- ileal interposition;
- duodenal switch;
- biliopancreatic diversion.
- sleeve gastrectomy;
- gastric bypass.
Diabetes surgical treatment cost (obesity stages 2-3):
- gastric bypass - €15,000;
- sleeve gastrectomy - €13,000.
Food, accommodation, transfer and medical care are included.