- Who performs diabetes type 2 treatment at BLK Medical Center?
- What kind of surgical treatment of diabetes is held in India?
Who performs diabetes type 2 treatment at BLK Medical Center?
Therapy of Diabetes at BLK is provided by the Center for Treatment of Liver and Gastrointestinal Tract. Surgeries are conducted by Dr. Ravindra Watts - a specialist in bariatric and metabolic surgery with laparoscopic method (through small punctures of the abdominal wall). Dr. Watts is the member of International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders.
Doctors of the clinic notice normalization of fertility for women who undergo this treatment.
What kind of surgical treatment of diabetes is held in India?
- Gastric bypass — a connection of the stomach to the small intestine when you cannot eat more than 50 ml. After the surgery, during 2 years, the patient loses 70-80% of the weight. The operation also helps with hypertension, sleep apnea, heart diseases.
- Sleeve gastrectomy — the stomach is reduced to about 15% of original size, by surgical removal of a large portion of the stomach along the greater curvature.
- Ballooning — a silicon balloon with 500 ml of water is placed in the stomach. You achieve satiation after a small portion of food. The patient loses 70-80% of own weight.
- Bandaging — a special annulus that forms a space with 40-50 ml dimension on the upper third of stomach (ability to regulate the annulus is included). It helps to achieve faster satiation. There's no need to perform a surgery with cuts on the body.
Ileal Interposition — a surgery that consists of complex manipulations connected with stomach, small intestine and duodenum. It is aimed to normalise hormonal processes. 90% of patients refuse taking insulin after the surgery.
Approximate cost of sleeve gastrectomy is $6,700 - 9,300.
Get the exact prices for diagnostics and treatment at Asklepios Medical Center from Bookimed Coordinator.