- Complex diagnostics of kidney cancer in the Ichilov Clinic (Sourasky)
- Cost of kidney cancer treatment in Ichilov
- Principles of treatment of kidney cancer in Sourasky
Why is Ichilov (Sourasky) Clinic recommended for patients with kidney cancer?
Great significance is attached to the multidisciplinary approach – kidney cancer is treated by few specialists simultaneously.
In the Oncology Division at the Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center the assistance is provided by the leading clinicians of Israel:
- Prof. Haim Matzkin, an oncourologist, the Head of the Urology Department at Ichilov Medical Center;
- Prof. Ilan Ron, an oncologist of the Highest Category Board Certified;
- Dr. Diana Matsevski, radiotherapist (Institute of Radiological Diagnostics).
This approach, combined with the latest equipment and the use of efficient schemes of chemotherapy causes high survival of patients and curability of the disease.
What is the diagnostic procedure of kidney cancer in Sourasky (Ichilov)
- consultation of oncological urologist;
- cystoscopy (identification of blood in urine);
- intravenous urography diagnose the kidney disorder (contrast enhancement);
- kidney ultrasound to identify the body of the tumor and other formations from 2 cm in diameter;
- MRI of the kidneys. It is used for the diagnosis of cancer at the stages 1-2 (1 cm);
- MSCT and PET help to detect distant metastases.
- MRI (high field MRI scanner) of kidney - $1,100;
- PET-CT - $1,400;
- evaluation of “incoming” biopsy (for patients with their own glasses) - from $200 to 900;
- biopsy under CT - $2,500.
The volume of examination can be extended. Depending on the cell type and the stage of kidney cancer. You can clarify information, visiting the web-site of Bookimed Company (free support of patients with cancer).
Methods of kidney cancer treatment of in Ichilov (Sourasky)
- Laparoscopic removal, cryoablation (freezing) of the tumor (at the stage 1-A);
- sectoral resection, including the da Vinci robotic-assisted system (at stage 1-2A );
- Nephrectomy, i.e. removal of affected kidney with other concerned structures;
- Embolization of target renal artery. Embolus (artificial blood clot) is introduced to restrict the blood supply to the tumor. Reduced (and weakened) colony of atypical cells are removed in a while.
Why does Assuta Medical Center admit annually thousands of patients from all over the world to treat the oncologic diseases?
The Oncology Center of the largest Israeli private Medical Center Assuta is fitted with all the required modern equipment for early diagnostics and treatment of cancer. The patients from all over the word can choose the leading professional oncologists by the opportunity of individual selection of the treating doctor.
What are the cancer diagnostic procedures at Assuta Medical Center?
This is the only place where the patient can get the diagnostics of cancer with immediate results of the biopsy. The prompt examination of cancer is the saving of the precious time for the timely treatment.
- Blood testing for tumor markers
- Ultrasound etc.
What are the treatment methods of the oncologic diseases applied at Assuta Medical Center?
The experts of Assuta Medical Center apply such treatment methods of cancer as radiosurgery and chemotherapy. The application of such device as IMRT allows providing the irradiation by regular intensity, which contributes to focused effects on the damaged cells no disturbing the healthy tissues.
The Department of Chemotherapy operates during late night hours providing its patients with the opportunity to combine the chemotherapy with the alternative methods of cancer treatment without any loss of time.
What is the price for cancer treatment at Assuta Medical Center in Israel?
Bookimed website allows its patients getting the treatment in private Assuta Clinic without the commission fee for the agent services. The patients pay for the services only to the account of the Medical Center.
The price for cancer treatment in Assuta Hospital is set up for each patient individually based on the required diagnostic and treatment procedures. You can find out the exact price now!
- Principles of kidney cancer diagnostics at Rambam Health Care Campus
- Methods of kidney cancer treatment in Ram Bam
- Cost of the kidney cancer treatment in Ram Bam Hospital
- qualified oncological urologists and chemotherapists such as Prof. Karen Drumea, Prof. Gil Bar-Sela;
- reasonable prices. Rambam Clinic is a state hospital, and the cost of medical services is strictly regulated;
- specialized Department of Oncological Urology with all the necessary resources for complex specialized surgeries;
- Russian-speaking staff.
- curability rate of the patients at the stage 1-2 is 68% (higher than in the industry);
- the patients at the stage 3-A are cured in 65% of cases;
- increased survival rate (of five-year) in 30% of the patients at the terminal stages.
Steps of kidney cancer diagnostics in Rambam Hospital
- biochemistry of blood and urine, determination of tumor markers;
- renal, abdominal and pelvic ultrasound;
- excretory urography, retrograde pyelography;
- needle (percutaneous) biopsy of the kidney under ultrasound;
- selective renal angiography (to determine the vascular anomalies);
- to search for metastases: MRI, MSCT, PET-CT, scintigraphy (starting from the 2nd stage of kidney cancer).
Methods of treatment of kidney cancer in the Department of Oncological Urology in Rambam Clinic
- endoscopic removal of new formation with kidney preservation;
- radical removal of the kidney (nephrectomy);
- extended nephrectomy (lymph nodes are also removed packages and other concerned tissue);
- nephrectomy with preliminary renal artery embolism. The method allows to reduce the size of the tumor and reduce the risk of recurrence;
- immunotherapy (monoclonal antibodies and other cytokines) improves the prognosis, reducing the risk of distant metastases appearance;
- chemotherapy (including targeted therapy and brachytherapy);
- surgeries, improving the condition of the patient (palliative surgery).
The cost of diagnostic procedures in the state Ram Bam Hospital
- medical consultation (primary) - $400;
- complete blood count - to $ 100;
- percutaneous ultrasound - from $250;
- CT - $280;
- MRI - $980.
Diagnostic procedures, their number and frequency are determined by the attending physician and appointed depending on the stage of kidney cancer, comorbidities, the prevalence of the disease and invasiveness.
To clarify price and an approximate program of examination in Ram Bam, please look at the web-site of Bookimed Company.
Treatment of kidney cancer in Israel
Every year 100,000 people die from kidney cancer and 250 thousand of patients are diagnosed with kidney cancer for the first time.
The total number of new cases not included in the statistics is much more as a process is asymptomatic for a long time and disguises itself as nephritis, urethritis and other urological nosology. According to the frequency of occurrence it takes the tenth place among all cancer pathologies.
Kidney cancer is most common for people of 50 and 70 years of age. The process of developing epithelial tissue of nephrons (glomerulus filtering blood plasma) or pelvicalyceal system.
A peculiarity of kidney cancer is the possibility of involution of the tumor to its full extinction.
Only in Israel
- Surgeries are conducted by the oncourology doctors with a worldwide reputation. The survival rate of the patients is above 20% (compared to the average field rate);
- lower risk of recurrence of kidney cancer. Modern diagnostic equipment allow to detect metastases up to 1 mm (it affects the volume of surgeries and, accordingly, the risk of reoccurrence);
- rapid rehabilitation. Israeli surgeons use sparing interventions (where it is appropriate), that reduces the rehabilitation period after surgery to 1-2 days;
- There is a possibility to make a qualitative kidney transplantation in Israel (in cases where the patient has one working kidney, or have associated pathologies with the second one and implantation is recommended).
Factors provoking kidney cancer
There is no precise data on the causes of cancer of this localization, however, the statistics indicate the factors increasing the risk of malignancy:
- men and smokers get sick 2 times more often (male smokers 4 times);
- increased body weight and hypertension increase the risk of cancer by 20%;
- immunodeficiency. It may come out in frequent acute respiratory infections, long-standing herpes, fungal infections;
- work in the chemical industry;
- congenital defects as Von Hippel–Lindau disease, family types of renal cell carcinoma or papillary cancer.
Only one out of five patients has so-called ”renal triad": pain in lumbar, blood in urine and signs of space-occupying mass (at the examination). In a third of cases, the process is asymptomatic and symptoms appear at the 3-4 stage.
Extrarenal symptoms include:
- low-grade (febrile in some cases) body temperature;
- increased blood pressure in each of the sixth;
- signs of thrombosis of the inferior vena cava may develop: swelling of the legs, scrotum, spermatic cord varicosis (in men), venous distensibility in the abdomen;
- weight loss, anemia, loss of appetite.
The process is sometimes disguised as cysts, adenomas (and other benign tumors), abscesses, inflammatory infiltrates, metastases from other organs.
- Israeli clinics are equipped with the high field MRI scanners. The devices of this class allow to detect kidney cancer at the 1st stage, metastases in regional lymph nodes;
- ultrasound scanning is used as an advanced method. Doppler sonography is used to diagnose vascular anomalies assisted oncological disease;
- CT and MSCT allow to evaluate the prevalence of the disease and to identify metastases in the liver and lungs;
- PET-CT is prescribed in cases of suspected tumor dissemination (multiple small metastases);
- pyelogram, the X-ray contrast method for rapid diagnostics of kidney cancer;
- differential diagnostics of tumors (and other space-occupying masses) for if the biopsy results require (needle is inserted under control of CT).
Israeli oncologists are attentive to hidden risks of metastasizing, therefore they can appoint additional examination of lungs, liver, brain, mediastinum and bones.
Stage 1 of kidney cancer
The tumor stays in the kidney boundaries but not spreading into renal capsule. This period may be asymptomatic.
The disease affects the renal capsule not spreading into fascia of organ. At this stage hematuria develops, transient increase in blood pressure and body temperature may occur.
Stage 4 of kidney cancer
The regional lymph nodes and/or the inferior vena cava are affected, clinical picture becomes clear (renal triad)
The disease affects the neighboring organs, extrarenal symptoms of cancer appear.
Methods of kidney cancer treatment in Israel
- partial nephrectomy. Is conducted at the 1st stage within a single share if local formation is. In Israel, limited cancer is removed by means of laparoscopic surgery - this minimally invasive surgery speeds up the rehabilitation.
- radical nephrectomy, affected kidney is removed under CT or ultrasound (using endoscopic technique). It is combined with lymphadenectomy and removal of other concerned structures (stage 2B-3B);
- cryoablation. Freezing the tumor with liquid nitrogen by means of needle under ultrasound control;
- radiofrequency ablation is beamed radiation destroying the tumor (up to 2 cm);
- embolization of renal artery. The kidney is previously “deactivated" for the metastasizing prevention and reduction the risk of bleeding during the following nephrectomy;
- chemotherapy (including targeted and heated), radiation therapy and immunotherapy are used to secure the surgical treatment effect, slowing tumor growth in inoperable patients;
- palliative surgeries: painful lymph nodes are resected, drains are applied.
Israeli oncourology doctors in some cases practice the so-called “active monitoring". Experience allows doctors to estimate the situations of cancer regression and use this feature.
Review from the patient with kidney cancer
Rehabilitation after surgery on kidney cancer, prevention of reoccurrence
The first six months the patient needs to be examined by oncourology doctor, including kidney ultrasound (or CT) and function tests with following consultation and examination for every six months.
Cost of treatment of kidney cancer in Israel
- is 20-25% more affordable than in the US or Germany, with similar curability, survival rate and duration of remission (in heavy patients);
- the state controls the price level and quality of medical services;
- Bookimed company helps to avoid costs for intermediary services (free informational support);
- visa-free regime with Israel reduces the overall cost of treatment (in force in most of the CIS countries).
|Biochemical analysis of urine||from 350 to 650$||from 300 to 500€||from 300 to 500€||from 150 to 250$||from 300 to 500$|
|Kidney transplant||from 35000 to 45000$||from 80000 to 150000€||from 60000 to 100000€||from 13000 to 15000$||from 23000 to 40000$|
|Nephrectomy||from 20000 to 25000$||from 25000 to 28000€||from 24000 to 28000€||from 10000 to 12000$||from 10000 to 20000$|
- Steps of diagnostics of kidney cancer at Sheba Medical Center
- Principles of treatment of kidney cancer at the Chaim Sheba Medical Center
- Cost of kidney cancer treatment in Sheba
Why Sheba Clinic is recommended for the patients with kidney cancer
- effective schemes of chemotherapy and combined methods of renal cell carcinoma treatment are used and developed here. Sheba Hospital is a clinical base for Bar-Ilan University, Tel Aviv University and the Weizmann Institute of Science;
- renown oncologists, oncological urologists, chemotherapists, such as Prof. Jacob Ramon, Dr. Zvi Simon;
- Sheba Hospital is fitted with modern diagnostic equipment;
- there is a possibility to carry out kidney transplantations (if necessary).
Results of treatment of kidney cancer in Sheba
- the patients at the 1-3a stage are cured in 67% of cases;
- 5-year survival rate in 30% of patients at the stage 3B-4 stages is achieved;
- significantly relieving the condition of inoperable patients.
The moment of transition from 3A stage into 3B stage renal cell carcinoma is the key point. It is important to visit a doctor at the early stages.
Diagnostics of kidney cancer in Shiba
- examination by an urologist, consultation of an oncologist ;
- complete blood count, measuring the level of tumor markers;
- cystoscopy, urography;
- kidney ultrasound of the kidneys;
- MRI or CT of the corresponding part of the body;
- PET-CT (at suspicion on spreading disease);
- biopsy of the focus in the kidney under CT.
How kidney cancer in treated at Sheba Medical Center?
- endoscopic methods to remove the tumor, including sectoral resection of the affected portion of the kidney. It is applies at the 1st stage;
- total nephrectomy (kidney is removed with the lymph nodes). If both kidneys are affected, the patient is helped to choose a donor for transplantation;
- palliative surgeries (reconstruction of the urinary tract, removal of lymph nodes).They are necessary to improve the quality of life of the patients in severe health condition;
- chemotherapy, including targeted administration of cytostatics.
Prices for the diagnostics of kidney cancer in Sheba
- consultation of an oncological urologist $420;
- complete blood count $66;
- Abdominal ultrasound from $250;
- CT $280;
- MRI $980.
A list of examinations varies in regard to the stage of the disease, comorbidities and the objective condition of the patient ( it is determined by a doctor). You may clarify price of diagnostics in Sheba before the visit, to do this please visit the website of Bookimed (free support for the patients with oncological pathologies).
Cancer Center "Davidoff" of Rabin Medical Center is the largest oncology clinic in Israel and the entire Middle East. Every fifth of Israeli citizens gets an aid of the cancer treatment here. The center treats patients with all types of cancer and hematological diseases (leukemia, osteomyelosclerosis, anemia, leukocytosis, and others). The Center includes the departments of radiation therapy, chemotherapy, integrative medicine, palliative therapy and dietology. Center operates with the following cutting-edge techniques for treatment: SBRT, IMRT, IGRT, Rapid Arc., SIRT.
Clinic Cancer Center “Herzliya” has thirty years of experience. Center staff takes trainings and gets skills in the best medical centers in the world. Each patient throughout the treatment period is accompanied by a personal manager and translator. Center Department of Diagnostic works quickly and professionally - for the entire period of the department’s activity there was no single case of misdiagnosis. The main pathologies treated in Cancer Center Herzliya are: leukemia, Hodgkin's lymphoma, lymphoblastic leukemia, myeloma, carcinoid tumor, branchiogenic tumor, lung cancer, melanoma, brain cancer and other cancers.
Dan Carmel Haifa 5*