- Diagnostics of the oncologic gynecology at Ichilov Sourasky Medical Center
- Cost for uterine cancer treatment at Ichilov Sourasky Medical Center in Israel
- Uterine cancer treatment methods
The modern diagnostic and treatment devices equip the multidisciplinary Sourasky Medical Center. The patients are provided the comfortable conditions from the moment of their admission to the hospital.
The best Israeli oncologists work here. The experts practice and consult at the medical institutions of US and Great Britain. Prof. Dan Grisaro, who is the leading expert in malignant tumors of female urogenital system and the expert in innovative methods of radiotherapy, manages the Department for Oncology.
- Examination, interview and consultancy by oncologic gynecologist;
- Blood testing for tumor markers;
- Genetic mapping to detect the risk of the malignant tumors of the uterus and its appendages;
- Pelvic MRI, multi-slice CT, PET and other methods to detect the tumor and metastases;
- Biopsy, curettage (scrabbling), hysteroscopy.
The scale of the diagnostic and treatment procedures may significantly increase depending on the process spread. Get the exact price on Bookimed website, i.e. diagnostic and treatment plan is set up free-of-charge. Would you like to get the individual program now?
Uterine cancer treatment methods in Israel
- Hysterectomy, i.e. removal of the part of the uterus by preserving the appendages. Applied at 1st stage of the oncologic process;
- Radical hysterectomy is applied when all uterine layers are affected, then uterine, appendages and affected lymph nodes are removed;
- Hysterectomy with removal of metastases, intestine loops, bladder and other affected organs and tissues by the process;
- Chemo and radiotherapy to decrease the risk of relapse diseases. These are the main treatment methods in some cases;
- Hormone therapy to stabilize the inoperable tumor;
- Osteoporosis treatment as the uterine cancer provokes the bone tissue destruction.
- Uterine cancer diagnostics in Israel
- Methods of uterine cancer treatment at Assuta Medical Center
- Cost for uterine cancer treatment at Assuta Medical Center in Israel
Assuta Medical Center admits hundreds of the patients suffering the uterine cancer from all over the world, who come to get efficient treatment after the qualified diagnostics and professional consultancies.
The Center for Oncology offers its patients the efficient diagnostics and innovative treatment methods of such oncological pathology. Prof. David Schneider manages the doctors of the center, who apply the modern efficient cancer treatment methods, one of the leading in the world.
Assuta Medical Center offers its patients the comprehensive diagnostics of the uterine cancer at the early stages of disease. Besides that, the consultancies of the famous professionals provide the detailed answers for all questions concerning the diagnostics and individual treatment plan. The diagnostics includes the following procedures:
- Intravaginal ultrasound;
- Hysteroscopy, i.e. the endoscopic uterus examination;
- Biopsy of the tumor tissue;
- MRI to detect the uterine cancer stage and the metastases.
Efficient methods of the uterine cancer treatment provided by the hospital professionals
The experts based on the disease stage, health conditions, age and data received after the diagnostics, set up the uterine cancer treatment program. The main methods are the minimal invasive or traditional surgery combined with the modern therapeutic methods, such as:
- High-frequency radiotherapy;
- Chemotherapy by modern medications;
- Targeted therapy.
The surgical treatment includes:
- Gamma Knife;
- Cyber Knife;
- Da Vinci Surgical System.
What is the cost for uterine cancer treatment in Israel?
The treatment of the oncologic gynecology in Israel favorably differs from the cost of treatment course in the hospitals of Europe and US; therefore, the hospital provides its patients the qualitative services for reasonable cost. Would you like to get the individual treatment program with the exact price?
Rambam Oncological Center is recognized as one of the leaders in Israel. A special feature of the center is the applying of the radiotherapy technologies and radioactive iodine in treatment. Treatment of patients is held outpatiently and inpatiently. Due to the close cooperation with leading European and US centers of cancer treatment, Rambam Center is introduced the most advanced and innovative technologies and equipment for cancer treatment from the best clinics in the world. Among them are the radio- and beam-therapy, brachytherapy, chemotherapy.
Treatment of uterine cancer in Israel
Uterine cancer is one of the most serious oncological diseases of the female reproductive system. It ranks the fourth most common cancer of the women’s oncological diseases. Tumor affects the body of uterus and can have two main forms, depending on its origin:
- adenocarcinoma that develops from the mucous membrane of the uterine cavity;
- sarcoma that develops from the connective tissue of the myometrium.
These forms of uterine cancer are much different from each other in symptoms and treatment. Adenocarcinoma takes about 98% of cases of uterine cancer, while sarcoma is very rare disease.
Cancer of the uterus is more common for older women. According to statistics, it has been diagnosed:
- 10% of women in the age of 40;
- 15% of women during menopause (40-50 years of age);
- 75% of postmenopausal women (50 years of age).
Over the last years this type of tumor has been tending to become “younger”.
- Positron emission tomography in the diagnostics of uterine cancer
- Organ preservation surgery
- Robotic-assisted surgery
Causes of development and risk factors
The causes of uterine cancer has not been clarified yet. Its occurrence is connected to a range of factors, first of all, with a high content of female sex hormones, estrogens. The following peculiarities of woman's sex life may have some impact on it:
- early menarche;
- the absence of pregnancy and childbirth;
- late menopause.
Increased estrogen level can also be caused by prolonged use of hormonal drugs containing the hormones excluding progesterone.
- high content of animal fat in the diet;
o syndrome Stein-Levinthal;
o polycystic ovary syndrome;
- the effect of radiation.
Pre-malignant condition includes the proliferation of uterine epithelium, erosion and chronic inflammatory processes.
One of the peculiarities of cervical cancer is its asymptomatic early stage. The development of the tumor can go at full drive, not manifesting itself. Specific symptoms appear at the later stages at tumor destruction. They include:
- Menstrual disorder.
- Pain and not typical vaginal discharges, hydrous ае the earlier stages, could contain some blood. In the process of the tumor destruction they become putrefactive and malodorous.
- Difficulty in passing urine, sometimes painful.
- Pain during defecation and sexual intercourse.
- Girdle pain.
- Weight loss.
These symptoms indicate the transition of the disease into its final stage and require immediate medical intervention. At this stage, the development of tumors can be stopped only by experienced and highly qualified specialists, such as doctors of leading clinics of Israel.
Diagnostics of uterine cancer in Israel
The first step of diagnostics of uterine cancer by Israeli doctors include the following procedures:
- Bimanual abdominovaginal examination that is palpation of the uterus through the vagina. This procedure is usually assisted by bloody discharges due to tumor damage.
- Bimanual rectal examination that is palpation through the rectum to determine if the tumor removed to the pelvic wall.
- Uterus examination by means of mirrors.
The second step includes the following examinations:
- Blood tests:
o complete blood count to assess the health of the patient;
o blood test for hormones.
- Hysteroscopy. Examination of the inner surface of the uterus by a special optical instrument, hysteroscope.
- Positron emission computed tomography. This is a new method that allows to accurately determine the tumor of the uterus and its size, even at the early stages of its development.
- Pelvic ultrasound. Examination of neighboring to the uterine organs on the penetration of the tumor into them by means of ultrasound.
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and computed tomography (CT). These methods give the opportunity to obtain an image of the tumor of the uterus and other pelvic organs if metastasizing.
The third step of diagnostics includes a biopsy – an examination of the uterus cells collected by scraping (curettage).
Based on the data obtained by the examinations, Israeli doctors accurately diagnose uterine cancer and its stage and dynamics of development.
Methods of treatment of uterine cancer in Israel
The program of uterine cancer treatment in Israel is based on the stage of the disease.
At the first stage of the disease only surgical treatment is applied. The body of the uterus is removed along with the tumor by means of modern surgical methods:
- Laparoscopic hysterectomy is the removal of the organ through small openings with the help of the laparoscope;
- Robotized hysterectomy is the removal by laparoscopy using surgical robot;
- Laparoscopic-assisted vaginal hysterectomy is the removal through the vagina using a laparoscope.
During the surgery, the Israeli doctors are making every effort to preserve the health of the female reproductive system.
At the second stage of uterine cancer, after its removal, the teleirradiation and intracavitary gamma-therapy are applied, the last one is the introduction of radioactive substances into the affected area to its local exposure.
At the last stages of cancer methods of preoperative irradiation of the tumor and chemotherapy, the administration of a highly toxic agents to kill cancer cells, are actively used.
Removal of the uterus (laparoscopic, robotized)
Removal of the uterus and ovaries. Radiation therapy (teleirradiation and gamma-therapy)
Preoperative irradiation. Removal of the uterus, ovaries and vagina. Chemotherapy
Preoperative irradiation. Removal of the uterus, ovaries and vagina. Chemotherapy. Palliative therapy
“After the diagnosis of uterine cancer I was waiting no one knows what for a long time. Finally, I durst and flew to Israel for surgery. The doctors removed the uterus and lymph nodes. Treatment in Israel is interesting and unusual. There are a lot of things that are non-existent in Russia. For example, my husband stayed overnight next to me, sleeping in a special chair, he was also fed for free. My brother visited me when he wanted to, as there was no time limit for visiting except night hours. No one was forcing to wear shoe covers and bathrobes.You just go through the frame at the reception and that’s all.
I stayed four days in the clinic after the surgery, and eight days in the hotel. The medical stuff was very nice and friendly, the doctors were the true wizards!
Recently, I have been completely rechecked and no metastases were found. I hope this spell of bad luck is over now"!
Rehabilitation and prevention of recurrence in Israel
Israeli doctors are closely monitoring the patient's health even after the end of treatment. The patient takes regular examinations:
- the first year after treatment – every 3 months;
- 5 or more years after treatment – every year.
Examinations usually include:
- Intravenous urography to monitor kidney function.
- Chest X-ray.
Rehabilitation in Israel pays much attention to the psychological support of female patients. Regular training with the expert help to overcome the psychological trauma that often follows after surgery, returning the women to their regular life.
Compliance with all the recommendations of the attending doctors of the leading clinics of Israel is the best prevention of recurrence of such serious diseases as cancer of the uterus.
Сost of treatment of uterine cancer in Israel
The cost of treatment in Israel depends on the occurrence of the disease, its stage, and individual characteristics of the patients. You can obtain more information from the specialists of the Bookimed company.
|Tumor Marker Blood Test||from 450 to 700$||from 500 to 800€||from 500 to 800€||from 200 to 400$||from 300 to 600$|
- Uterine cancer diagnostics at Sheba Medical Center
- Cost for diagnostics and treatment in Israel
- Efficient methods of the uterine cancer treatment
One of the most respected oncologic institutes is located at Sheba Medical Center, where the leading experts have gathered. Prof. Raphael Katan, the head of the Department for Oncology, is the world-class doctor, being an expert in the malignant processes of the uterus and the ovaries.
The doctors of various disciplines are to provide the medical care for the patients at Sheba Medical Center on different concomitant pathologies.
What are the diagnostic procedures under uterine cancer?
- The oncologic gynecologist examines the patients;
- MRI, ultrasound or multi-slice CT alongside with the contrast if required is held to detect the size, the limits and the structure of the tumor;
- Blood testing for tumor markers and hormones;
- PET to detect the small hearths and genetic mapping is appointed in the disputable situations;
- Biopsy and endoscopic kinds of examination.
What is the cost for uterine cancer treatment at Sheba Medical Center?
The cost for the services of the hospital depends on the required diagnostic and treatment procedures. Clarify the treatment plan and pricing on Bookimed website. Would you like to get the treatment program with exact price?
Main treatment methods of uterine cancer at Sheba Medical Center
- Removal of the site of the uterus at the early stages of the process, possibly by endoscopic method;
- Excision of the uterus with appendages, as well as the regional lymph nodes and the affected tissues;
- Chemo and radiotherapy. There exist the targeted kinds of tumor affection to decrease the side effects and to increase the efficiency of the procedure;
- Hormone therapy to decrease the tumor activity and to increase the efficiency of the methods mentioned above;
- Cytokine therapy to stimulate the immunity in order to inhibit the activity of the abnormal cells in the whole body.
Cancer Center "Davidoff" of Rabin Medical Center is the largest oncology clinic in Israel and the entire Middle East. Every fifth of Israeli citizens gets an aid of the cancer treatment here. The center treats patients with all types of cancer and hematological diseases (leukemia, osteomyelosclerosis, anemia, leukocytosis, and others). The Center includes the departments of radiation therapy, chemotherapy, integrative medicine, palliative therapy and dietology. Center operates with the following cutting-edge techniques for treatment: SBRT, IMRT, IGRT, Rapid Arc., SIRT.
Clinic Cancer Center “Herzliya” has thirty years of experience. Center staff takes trainings and gets skills in the best medical centers in the world. Each patient throughout the treatment period is accompanied by a personal manager and translator. Center Department of Diagnostic works quickly and professionally - for the entire period of the department’s activity there was no single case of misdiagnosis. The main pathologies treated in Cancer Center Herzliya are: leukemia, Hodgkin's lymphoma, lymphoblastic leukemia, myeloma, carcinoid tumor, branchiogenic tumor, lung cancer, melanoma, brain cancer and other cancers.