Prof. Kahraman is a top IVF specialist in Turkey. The first in Turkey who performed microinjection, surgical sperm extraction, freezing techniques and preimplantation. Heads the IVF Department in Memorial Şişli Hospital.
Doctor Semra Kahraman is an expert in infertility treatment, IVF, andrology and genetics.
She is a pioneer in ICSI, embryo freezing and preimplantation genetic diagnosis for single gene disorders and HLA typing and aneuploidy testing in Turkey. Together with her team provided first in Turkey isolation and establishment of embryonic stem cell lines.
- Since 2000 – Head of the IVF Department in Memorial Şişli Hospital
- 1993-2000 – Head of the IVF Unit in Private Sevgi Hospital
- 1991-1992 – IVF specialist at Klinikk Hausken Oslo (Norway).
- 1981 – Hacettepe University Medical School – Degree in general medicine
- 1989 – Ankara University – Specialty in obstetrics and gynecology
- 2004 – Yeditepe University Medical Faculty – Professorship.
Special trainings at the Cornell University IVF Center (USA), Chicago Reproductive Genetics Institute (USA), Haugesund hospital IVF Laboratory (Norway), Rikshospitale IVF Center (Norway).
- 1996 – Scientific Encouragement Award for work in human reproduction
- 1997 – Scientific Encouragement Award for work in human reproduction
- 2008 – Lifetime Achievement Award from the Turkish Society of Reproductive Medicine
- 2010 – Lifetime Achievement Award from the Bayburt Science Education and Culture Association
- 2017 – Star Award from the American Society for Reproductive Medicine
- 2018 – Star Award from the American Society for Reproductive Medicine.
Dr. Kahraman is an author of 150 works devoted to infertility problems. Her research interest is preimplantation genetic diagnosis (PGD), and controlled ovarian stimulation.
Membership in organizations
- The Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis International Society
- The International Association of Private Assisted Reproductive Technology Clinics and Laboratories
- The Turkish Society of Reproductive Medicine and Surgery (ÜTD)
- The Turkish Society of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- The Turkish Society of Reproductive Medicine
- The American Society of Reproductive Medicine
- The European Society of Human Reproduction & Embryology.
Check procedure cost
What is the best time to call you?
Select time to call
Your request has been submitted successfully Our Doctor-Coordinator will contact you in the short term
Что-то пошло не так! Попробуйте еще раз
- Medical coordinator will contact you within 30 minutes
- Medical coordinator informs you on all treatment options
- No hidden or extra fees
- Transfer and accomodation assistance