- Why do the patients prefer treating stomach cancer at Asklepios?
- Precise diagnostics of cancer in the Clinic
- How does treatment of stomach cancer at Asklepios occur?
- What is the cost of treatment at Asklepios?
Why do the patients prefer treating stomach cancer at Asklepios?
The success of stomach cancer treatment depends directly on qualification of the attending doctor and his experience. The Department of Oncology in the network of German clinics Asklepios is headed by Dr. Axel Stang.
The abdominal surgeon-practitioner Dr. Med. Thomas Mansfeld along with his team performs more than 2,700 operations on abdominal pathologies every year.
The availability of Pathomorthology Department and its own laboratories allows to shorten the terms of diagnostics.
The Clinic disposes its own pharmacological center where drugs are prepared. For the patient, it guarantees the protection against counterfeiting and opportunity to individually combine the dose of components according to the stage of disease.
Precise diagnostics of cancer in the Clinic
- blood test for tumor markers;
- gastroscopy (combined with a biopsy);
- HD-endoscopy for diagnostics and interventional endoscopy;
- endosonography which allows to set the stage of the tumor before operation;
- contrast ultrasound (CEUs);
- manometry (measurement of pressure in the organ);
- capsule endoscopy (examination with the use of a capsule with a camera).
Detection of latent metastases is carried out using:
How does treatment of stomach cancer at Asklepios occur?
Individual therapy plans are compiled according to the genetic cancer typing. Among the manipulations conducted in the Clinic during the treatment of gastric cancer are:
- laparoscopic operations (minimally invasive technique through the smallest incisions);
- colorectal surgery for chronic inflammatory states;
- surgery on the abdominal wall with cancer pathologies;
- radiation exposure;
What is the cost of treatment at Asklepios?
- Approximate expenditures for stomach cancer treatment are hesitating from €28,000 to €40,000.
- For verification of quality you may take free examinations in the Hospital in one, five and ten years after the operation.
- For more details ask the Сoordinator of International Patient Support Center Bookimed.
- Why do patients choose Solingen for stomach cancer treatment?
- Diagnostics of stomach cancer in German Clinic Solingen
- Main features of stomach cancer treatment at Solingen
- How much does diagnostics and treatment at Solingen cost?
Solingen is a large academic complex of the University of Cologne which consists of 15 clinics, institutes and interdisciplinary centers. It sees above 60,000 patients from different corners of the world every year.
Diagnostics and treatment of digestive system pathologies, the key direction of Clinic for General, Visceral and Thoracic Surgery of Solingen Hospital.
The leading doctors of the Center are Boris Pfaffenbach, Head of the Department of Gastroentherology, and Martin Kruszevski, a specialist in thoracic and vascular surgeries.
The Center for treatment of gastrointestinal diseases is certified in compliance with strict criteria of the German Cancer Society. After treatment at German specialists patients with the 1st stage of stomach cancer are completely cured in 90% of cases and with the 2nd stage – stable remission is observed in 80-85%.
Symptomatic diagnostics comes down to identification of outstanding features, however, the confirmation of diagnosis requires the usage of instrumental and laboratory techniques. Diagnostics of gastric cancer at Solingen includes the following procedures:
- laboratory researches: general, biochemical blood test, oncomarkers CA 50 and CA 72-4;
- radiography of abdominal cavity to detect mucosal defects;
- body scanning with the use of MRI system
- gastroscopy + biopsy for early diagnostics of pathological changes in tissues.
Main features of stomach cancer treatment at Solingen
Solingen Clinic is known for application of innovative technologies in the treatment of gastric cancer. The treatment protocol is discussed by the team of specialists at the consultation strictly on individual basis depending on the stage of cancer and tumor localization.
German onco-gastroenterologists during the therapy of malignant stomach tumors employ minimally invasive treatment – 82% of cases show that locally advanced cancer doesn’t return.
At the early stage of development when the tumor growth involves only mucosa tissues, the malignancy is removed by the “keyhole” technique directly during gastroscopy with a special probe-endoscope.
In other cases more radical treatment methods are used:
- endoscopic resection of stomach (partial removal);
- total laparoscopic gastrectomy (complete removal) followed by the reconstruction of the organ from small intestine tissues
In order to reduce the size of the tumor the doctors may prescribe the course of chemo- or radiotherapies after the operation.
How much does diagnostics and treatment at Solingen cost?
- The cost of diagnostic measures for the detection of stomach onco-pathologies constitutes approximately €2,000.
- Bookimed consultants will provide you with all accurate information on prices and treatment in Germany as a whole. Don’t waste your time, make the request right now!
- Diagnostic methods of stomach cancer
- Cost for stomach cancer diagnostics at Dusseldorf University Hospital
- Treatment methods
Why Dusseldorf University Hospital is considered to be one of the leading centers in stomach cancer treatment?
The professional oncologists of this hospital, who have the access to the modern equipment, years of experience and the target generation of experts in this area - all this leads to high results of the held treatment and dicrease of the relaps risks.
The high-precisive diagnostics is the key to achieve the desirable result. Thousands of surgeries on stomach cancer treatment are held at Department for Oncology, and the exact dosage of chemotherapy dosage is calculated.
Who is the expert in stomach cancer treatment at Dusseldorf University Hospital?
Prof. Dr. med. Dieter Häussinger is the world-known oncologist who is the head of Department for Gastroenterology at Dusseldorf University Hospital. He is known all over Europe as the author of over 500 scientific editions and co-author of over 10 books, member of various committees, academies and international medical associations.
What are the diagnostic methods of stomach cancer at Dusseldorf University Hospital?
- detailed blood testing, incl. tumor markers;
- endoscopy and biopsy with hystological expertise;
- stomach ultrasound;
- chest X-ray to detect the metastases in lungs;
- CT and MRI to detect any pathological processes or tumors;
- PET to assure the chemotherapy efficiency for stomach cancer treatment.
What is the cost for stomach cancer diagnostics at Dusseldorf University Hospital?
The total cost varies from 4,000 to 7,000 USD.
What are the treatment methods of stomach cancer at Dusseldorf University Hospital?
The surgical resection, radiotherapy or chemotherapy may be appointed for the stomach cancer treatment at Dusseldorf University Hospital. The combination of these methods is often applied. Many patients are offered the opportunity to participate in the experimental methods of treatment.
- At the arly stages, i.e. initial cancer or 1st stage, the treatment consists of the resection of a part of stomach or the entire stomach removal and the surrounding lymph nodes. The removal of the lymph nodes (lymphadenectomy) plays a great role as the preliminary tumor spreads usually through the lymphatic system.
- If the cancer has spreaded onto the outer wall or the lymph nodes (2nd or 3rd stage), the chemotherapy or the radiotherapy is appointed after the surgery.
- If the stomach cancer has spreaded all over the surrounding organs or blood vessels, or over the distant organs (4th stage), the stomach resection surgery (gastrectomy) is not held.
- Experts in stomach cancer treatment
- Diagnostics methods
- Total diagnostic cost
- Treatment methods of the stomach cancer at Charité
Why Charité Medical Center is considered to be one of the leading centers in stomach cancer treatment?
Charité is one of the best hospitals for bowel cancer early detection and therapy. The individual treatment programs are developed for each patient by the cooperation of oncologists, radiotherapists and gastroenterologists.
Who is the expert in stomach cancer treatment at Charité?
One of the best European oncologists operate at First Surgical Hospital at Benjamin Franklin Charité Campus in Berlin - Prof. Dr. Heinz-Johannes Buhr. The professional medical team working under his supervision pays a great attention to the minimal invasive technologies in bowel surgery, as well as the usage of laser and high-frequency current for metastases affection liver treatment. He manages thousands of successful procedures on stomach cancer annually.
What are the diagnostics methods of stomach cancer at Charité?
- double-contrast stomach X-ray, esophagogastroduodenal fibroscopy followed by scarification cytology and biopsy (or the revision of previoiusly held biopsy);
- detailed blood testings: chest X-ray;
- MRI, CT, abdominal ultrasound.
The endoscopic echo or diagnostic laparoscopy is held in disputable cases when the slight ascites and/or affection of the peritoneum is suspected.
What is the cost for stomach cancer diagnostics at Charité?
The total diagnostic cost stats from 4,000 USD.
What are the treatment methods of the stomach cancer at Charité?
The medical care program is developed individually for each patient only and it usually includes several methods. The main method is the surgery to remove the tumor and partial or total gastrectomy (stomach removal).
Sometimes besides that the lymph node dessection, liver lobe, intestinal loops and spleen resection is required.
The endoscopic resection is possible to be held at the early stages of the disease - a sparing surgery, i.e. all surgical manipulations are held by endoscopic equipment.
Chemotherapy or radiotherapy might be appointed before or after the surgery (either external irradiation or the brachytherapy).
The palliative surgery is held at the latter stages: imposition of gastric bypass, endoscopic ablation of tumors, stenting, gastrostomy, installation probe for enteral nutrition.
- Professional oncologists at Helios Medical Center
- Diagnostics and treatment of cancer
- Cost for treatment of oncologic diseases in Germany
Why Helios Medical Center is considered one of the leading in oncologic diseases treatment in Germany?
- Acute leukemia
- Melanoma, i.e. skin cancer
- Lymphogranulomatosis, non-Hodgkin's lymphoma
- Tumors in the nervous and endocrine systems
- Breast cancer
- Tumors in the digestive system
About 10 thousand patients go for diagnostics and get the treatment program at Helios Center of Oncology annually, while over 3 thousand get ambulatory treatment.
How do the experts operate at Helios Medical Center?
Professor Wolf-Dieter Ludwig manages Helios Center of Oncology, being the expert in diagnostics and treatment of various kinds of cancer and other oncologic pathologies. Qualified oncologists are among the Medical Center staff, having many years of work experience and applying the modern comprehensive methods of treatment.
What do the cancer diagnostics and treatment include?
Diagnostics at the early stages is able to increase significantly the treatment efficiency; therefore, Helios Medical Centers are fitted with all the required modern equipment for qualitative and precise examinations. The patient gets the required treatment when the diagnosis is put. Helios Center of Oncology provides the interdisciplinary therapy as well. The following diagnostic and treatment procedures are among standard ones:
- Biochemical blood test + tumor markers testing
- CT, MRI, PET-CT
- Surgery by Gamma Knife, Cyber Knife and robotic surgical system, i.e. the da Vinci etc.
- Chemotherapy modern methods
- Hormone therapy
- Bio and immunologic therapy
What is the cost for treatment for the foreign patients at Helios Medical Center?
The prices for cancer treatment in Germany are justified by the medicine level and the treatment efficiency. Every patient can pay for the medical services directly to the account of the Medical center with no commissions for agents by virtue of Bookimed service. You can order the treatment program including the pricing now!
- The diagnostic methods of stomach cancer at Munich University Hospital
- The cost of stomach cancer diagnostics at Munich University Hospital
- The stomach cancer treatment methods at Munich University Hospital
About 82% of Munich University Hospital patients with stomach cancer by statistics fully recover after treatment. The hospital oncologists are respected by the world society of the best professionals in this field of medicine. The doctors of Munich University Hospital remove the tumor at the early stages of disease by means of gastroscopic keyhole surgery. The stomach cancer treatment at Munich University Hospital is headed by Prof. Johannes Schmidt. He and his team deals with minimal invasive methods for cancer treatment, which might be seldom met at other German hospitals.
What are the diagnostic methods of stomach cancer at Munich University Hospital?
- Blood, urine and stool laboratory testings;
- stomach X-ray;
- abdominal ultrasound;
- chest X-ray;
- chest CT;
- MRI and PET-CT;
- a thorough examination of the patient (i.e. palpation of the lymph nodes, digital rectal examination);
- gynecologist examination (females).
What the cost of stomach cancer diagnostics at Munich University Hospital?
The total cost varies from 3,500 to 5,000 USD. The examinations may be varied regardless the disease stage and ways of cancer spread. Clarify the price for treatment and diagnostic procedures costs on Bookimed website.
What are the stomach cancer treatment methods at Munich University Hospital?
The tumor, which goes beyond the mucous, is surgically removed at Munich University Hospital (resection or full stomach removal). The spleen or adjacent to the stomach lymph nodes may be additionally removed depending on the process progress and lymphatic system affection.
Chemo and radiotherapy are applied as adjuvant methods after surgery or at the later stages of oncologic process to decrease the tumor size.